Author Topic: Video: Making lots of coconut milk and packing them  (Read 3964 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Video: Making lots of coconut milk and packing them
« on: February 04, 2010, 09:47:17 am »
from http://www.myhealthblog.org/2010/02/04/video-making-lots-of-coconut-milk-and-packing-them/

I took this video this morning before going up my office.  Could be of interest to Primal Dieters.

This is how lots of coconut milk is made and packed in a certain coconut stall in Farmers Market in Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines.

Coconut milk / coconut cream is popular with Primal Diet followers.

In the Philippines, coconut milk is cooked as part of many dishes. The local name is “gata”.

Raw Coconut milk / coconut cream is viewed as good fats by Aajonus Vonderplanitz and his Primal Diet followers, but personally anything more than a tablespoon of raw coconut milk may upset my stomach. Locally, the coconut vendors and most Filipinos do not drink glass fulls of this stuff. The interest is as a sauce in fruit salads / deserts or cooked in main dishes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yz1tu6jcSQ

from http://www.myhealthblog.org/2010/02/04/video-making-lots-of-coconut-milk-and-packing-them/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
Re: Video: Making lots of coconut milk and packing them
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 02:32:55 am »
    How warm do those machines get?  It's so fluid, they add water, don't they?  I don't think anyone on primal diet adds water, they might add green juice.  It would not be put in plastic baggies, it would be stored in glass with plastic top with honey in the case of green juice added.  Those of us who eat it, it's common we do it with lime juice or berries.  It's more common to use it in cleaning.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 02:13:42 am »
    How warm do those machines get?  It's so fluid, they add water, don't they?  I don't think anyone on primal diet adds water, they might add green juice.  It would not be put in plastic baggies, it would be stored in glass with plastic top with honey in the case of green juice added.  Those of us who eat it, it's common we do it with lime juice or berries.  It's more common to use it in cleaning.

The coconut cream, at the end is heated ... most commercial even raw coconut cream is deydrated, make it yourself, pretty difficult to find real raw cream

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 06:03:25 pm »
   How warm do those machines get?  It's so fluid, they add water, don't they?  I don't think anyone on primal diet adds water, they might add green juice.  It would not be put in plastic baggies, it would be stored in glass with plastic top with honey in the case of green juice added.  Those of us who eat it, it's common we do it with lime juice or berries.  It's more common to use it in cleaning.

We do not add fluid or water on the coconut milk.
It's like 30 degrees celcius on a normal day in Manila, coconut milk is always liquid.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 12:43:07 am »
    http://www.youtube.com/v/4h6eycjf29M

I'm adding this because if you look between 2:20 and 2:30 it shows a man husking the mature coconuts.  In the United States, it is so rare to get a whole coconut right from the palm, that I think this will help many of us understand better about the coconut fruit and the process that gets it to us.  Also, this coconut product looks like a good one and it also comes from somewhere near goodsamaritan's area.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk