Author Topic: I cant get myself to eat raw meat  (Read 9042 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I cant get myself to eat raw meat
« on: February 06, 2010, 08:24:32 am »
I finally ate a 1/3 of a raw steak and on the last piece i gagged from the taste. Anyone have some more tips or recipes to make it tastier while raw??? Do all of you even chew???
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: I cant get myself to eat raw meat
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 09:51:34 am »
Sorry, I cannot relate.  :) I looooooooooooooove eating only raw meat and raw eggs. I eat fatty ground beef mixed with eggs (my version of steak tartare). I love the raw fat on steaks like ribeyes and NY strips. I love raw lean and raw fat. I can eat any beef cut raw and love it.  That said, I'm not eating raw pork, lamb, chicken or turkey, but beef is the king of meats.

Yes, I chew and love chewing.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 11:58:25 am »
Hey Klow... How do you get Supermarket beef mince that doesn't have those preservative chemicals in(the ones that seem to disappear in cooking or something like that)?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

William

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 12:42:07 pm »
Raw meat is easier to eat if it is dried for a few hours, or a few days if you prefer jerky.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 05:19:08 pm »
I finally ate a 1/3 of a raw steak and on the last piece i gagged from the taste. Anyone have some more tips or recipes to make it tastier while raw??? Do all of you even chew???
  You have 2 choices, either add some raw spices and just eat small amounts of as many different raw animal foods as you can find until you find those you like or cook your meats and gradually lower the cooking temperature by 1 degree every so often until you eventually can handle the taste of raw meat at room-temperature.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 08:34:20 pm »
At 1st i ate salmon and trout for a couple days, then i did like Klowcarb and used about 6 yolks as a sauce for beef.

@Klowcarb   
Have you tried lamb recently? I like it better than beef.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 10:18:32 pm »
  You have 2 choices, either add some raw spices and just eat small amounts of as many different raw animal foods as you can find until you find those you like or cook your meats and gradually lower the cooking temperature by 1 degree every so often until you eventually can handle the taste of raw meat at room-temperature.

Yep, spices & swallow & cut the meat into swallowable chunks, is great for beginners to accilimatise them to the taste

William

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 10:39:08 pm »

Have you tried concentrating on the fat first? It could easily be that your body is warning you of protein poisoning, note redfulcrum's extreme experiment - you just might be doing a gentle form of the same thing.

When I ate steak I just sort of nibbled to get an impression of texture, not really chewing.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 10:57:36 pm »
Have you tried concentrating on the fat first? It could easily be that your body is warning you of protein poisoning, note redfulcrum's extreme experiment - you just might be doing a gentle form of the same thing.

When I ate steak I just sort of nibbled to get an impression of texture, not really chewing.

You cant get protein poisoning from moderate amounts of protein, you have to eat about 5 kilo's a day, for about a week, to even start getting protein poisoning

Most of the protein gets stored, or secreted rapidly through the skin & urine

William

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 11:23:08 pm »
Without enough fat, it is disproportionate, so it's no longer moderate. I go by an old saying that anything in excess is a poison.
Sure, it's subtle in small amounts, so one might not notice anything except maybe repulsive taste reported by the OP.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 06:19:10 am »
Without enough fat, it is disproportionate, so it's no longer moderate. I go by an old saying that anything in excess is a poison.
Sure, it's subtle in small amounts, so one might not notice anything except maybe repulsive taste reported by the OP.

I'm going to have to go with William's theory here.

Also, if I am simply not that hungry, I will get a taste change must faster, and I would consider the gagging to possibly be simply a very strong taste change, speaking very broadly.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 09:26:28 am »
Hey Klow... How do you get Supermarket beef mince that doesn't have those preservative chemicals in(the ones that seem to disappear in cooking or something like that)?

I'm getting my 80/20 only at Trader Joe's right now.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 11:23:12 am »
Oh, so that's grass-fed now? You started that recently? What's the price difference like, and your opinion of the difference so far?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 11:46:56 am »
As I couldn't help my self from refraining on charles's site,  you might like to look at the netflix dvd out now,  Food inc. before you consider eating supermarket beef.  Once you start, it's hard to convince the mind to change direction.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 07:16:56 am »
Where can I watch this for free..?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 08:21:56 am »
I don't know, it's a full length motion picture.  It's worth the three dollar rental, believe me.  It's not just about animal conditions, for it includes a much bigger realization.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 08:41:06 am »
I feel comfortable with Trader Joe's 80/20, plus it is $1.99/lb.!

Offline JaredBond

• Egg Thief
  • Crap, my real email is blueyoshi55@hotmail.com.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 08:50:30 pm »
I was actually not impressed with Food, Inc.  It was very vague.  On their site you can read more about how they think things should change, such as public schools switching to 1% milk.  They talk about diabetes but not what causes it-- their position is: well it's not the fruits and vegetables!  And that's it.  They are perpetuating more ignorance than unveiling.  Though it did have a few good points, like that they only need to finish cows on a week or two of grass to nearly eliminate E. Coli.  Anyways, I was happy to see that the WAPF gave it a reluctant thumbs down in their journal.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 12:50:32 pm »
Wait so cows eating grass eliminates e coli???
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 01:28:57 pm »
Wait so cows eating grass eliminates e coli???

Yeah. The gut pH is dramatically different when they eat grass versus grain.  The difference has a huge effect on the E. coli and other gut flora.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 01:30:14 pm »
Very cool!

carnivore

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 02:22:49 pm »

Why do you absolutely want to eat raw meat ?
They are plenty of other animal products that can meet your need : fish, seafood, eggs!

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 02:28:08 pm »
I plan on eating eggs and seafood to. The main reason i will be eating primarily meat is because where i live fish is very expensive unless its farmed like $20/lb and also I would rather not over eat fish simply because of lead and other dangerous metals.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 03:21:57 pm »

We went to a restaurant for Valentines (about 11 hrs ago).  I told the manager I am on primal diet.  He said he read about it online and thinks it looks intriguing.  They had mostly fresh meats on the menu, not frozen.  I told them I eat every kind of meat raw.  They have good quality brand meats.  I asked if they would serve me raw.  They said yes, and did, fatty pork chop, excellent :).  I didn't chew it much.  They served two seasonings on the side, a spice rub, and a reduction sauce with lots of little fresh chunks of apple, pineapple, nut and onion floating in it.  It went pretty well together.  I finished half the (small) sauce and only took two tastes of spice.  The spice had salt, cayenne I guess, idk, too spicy as it easily covers the fresh meat taste.  Maybe you would like these two accompaniments for pork?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk