Author Topic: Silicon in RAF  (Read 5266 times)

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Silicon in RAF
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:26:13 pm »
After I read an article that beer can be good for bone health http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100208/thl-beer-could-help-prevent-weak-bones-d831572.html because it contains a lot of silicon, I've been thinking of what are the animal sources of this element.

According to this link:

"Silicon is low in muscle and organ meats in general, while connective tissues, the bones and the skin have high amounts of this mineral. Silicon is also found in high amounts in beer.'

http://www.herbs2000.com/minerals/silicon.htm

Is it possible that people who don't eat the bones or much skin could be missing out on this?

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Silicon in RAF
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 08:01:22 am »
Actually on that herbs website you posted it says that silicone is found in large doses in plant matter so I don't think you'll be missing out on it unless your a zero carber
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

William

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 08:47:51 am »
I am a zero carber, however I eat lots of ground beef which contains many white specks which must be connective tissue, so no silicon deficiency.

Zero carb wins again.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 12:10:41 pm »
That could just be ground up fat.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 12:13:35 pm »
Silicon is also found in high amounts in beer.'

http://www.herbs2000.com/minerals/silicon.htm

Is it possible that people who don't eat the bones or much skin could be missing out on this?

That's what I meant to try to buy today.  Does anyone know if you can get a butcher to grind bone with meat for you?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 12:15:06 pm »
Um just a thought. Our ancestors probably didn't eat raw bone.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 12:45:29 pm »
In shin there's a lot of edible connective tissue. Well, the connective tissue tastes like food anyway, so I assume it's good to eat.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 01:19:32 pm »
Um just a thought. Our ancestors probably didn't eat raw bone.

They probably ate whatever they could.  I bet they didn't eat cooked bonemeal supplements in capsules.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 01:43:01 pm »
Yeh i mean bone probably wasnt on their menu.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 01:43:46 pm »
Yeh i mean bone probably wasnt on their menu.

They probably chewed them instead of smoking between meals.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 02:18:34 pm »
not to sound so repetitive,  but 'they' ate and still do eat the bones of smaller animals like chickens, mice, insects, fish bones, chewed on ends of rib bones, scraped the bone fragments out with bone marrow. and when cooking came along boiled the bones with meat.

alphagruis

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 07:14:58 pm »
not to sound so repetitive,  but 'they' ate and still do eat the bones of smaller animals like chickens, mice, insects, fish bones, chewed on ends of rib bones, scraped the bone fragments out with bone marrow. and when cooking came along boiled the bones with meat.

I confirm. This is still routinely done by people today in Africa, whether raw, dried or cooked, chichen or fish bones ends for instances can be fairly well crashed and chewed with our teeth.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk