Author Topic: We are somethingawfuls link of the day  (Read 6201 times)

Offline High-king

• Forager
    • View Profile
We are somethingawfuls link of the day
« on: February 19, 2010, 10:41:54 pm »
Just for your information, we are Somethingawful.com Awful link of the day. Welcome goons! : )

edit: forgot, link: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/awful-links/raw-paleo-forum.php
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 11:01:26 pm by High-king »

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: We are somethingawfuls link of the day
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 11:19:55 pm »
Wow! The picture with my high-meat!  :)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 12:52:14 am »
I guess we've made it. :P
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline High-king

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 03:32:17 pm »
I'm kinda disappointed in the lack of goon invasion here. I wanted to post on their forums that I've been a member of this community for some time, but I don't think it's big enough news to start a new thread about, and their link submission thread isn't for discussions. Awful link of the day just doesn't seem to be as big of a feature as it used to

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 10:47:42 pm »
I was just thinking yesterday about trying to get on somethingawful as a way to promote a website, speaking generally.

This is awesome.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 08:24:21 am »
Is this a good thing? Is somethingawful.com actually helping to promote us or are making fun of us?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 10:43:35 am »
    It's funny.  I guess it would be if my teeth smelled.  I'm glad we're there.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 12:58:06 pm »
Is this a good thing? Is somethingawful.com actually helping to promote us or are making fun of us?
They're ridiculing us. They've focused on extremes of the broad paleodiet and state it's our de rigeur.
The man who can not laugh at himself is a sad man. ;D
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 06:52:11 pm »
It is a bit inaccurate as I actually like the taste of high meat in the form of aged raw heart and to a lesser extent raw tongue. It is just that I cannot handle the other kinds, for some reason.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline High-king

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 12:43:04 pm »
Somethingawful ridicules everything that is weird or unusual on the net. It is one of the most popular sites on the net and has the 4th most active forum out there (if I remember correctly), but we're basically one out of millions of websites featured there and it was just a matter of time before they found us. This does however give us a chance to recruit, and if we were to become recognized there it would be the first step in going mainstream... Take that how you want

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 05:36:58 am »
Its because i was posting on the somethingawful food forums, i got the thread goldmined and got us some attention. I dont mind being laughed at but i did it because there is something like 10k people viewing at one time.. even if 9990 of those people are laughuing, i am sure there is 10 people there who are sick and find us accidently and help themselves.

I got fucking banned too, what a bunch of faggots.  A forum of people on a god damn comedy website with no sense of humor. bunch of dicks. i am not bitter.. haha.
That's not paleo.

William

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 08:13:01 am »
I got fucking banned too, what a bunch of faggots.

Got caught telling the truth eh? Tsk tsk   ;)

Offline High-king

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 01:31:49 am »
I got fucking banned too, what a bunch of faggots.  A forum of people on a god damn comedy website with no sense of humor.
In my opinion, they're the funniest and most interesting forum on the internet, but with their draconian rules, you can't expect to post in support of something this radical and not expect to get banned for trolling. Do you have the link or remember the thread, or the remember what it was called? What was your username btw?

edit: nevermind, I found your thread. Permabanned? ouch.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3266265
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 02:08:52 am by High-king »

William

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 04:59:22 am »

edit: nevermind, I found your thread. Permabanned? ouch.

If they haven't caught on yet, you can unban yourself by using tor and mailinator.

Offline High-king

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 12:57:52 pm »
If they haven't caught on yet, you can unban yourself by using tor and mailinator.
you don't even need that, because permabans aren't tied to IP address, it just means you have to make a new account and start from scratch, but if they find out who you are they'll still ban you again.

So a permaban is much like a regular ban except your account can't be reopened, and mods will be out to get you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk