Author Topic: Do you live forever on a rpd?  (Read 23829 times)

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
Do you live forever on a rpd?
« on: February 21, 2010, 10:53:21 pm »
How long do you guys expect to live? and what do you think will be the cause of your demise?

If you come from several generations of rpd'ers could your lifespan be indefinite?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Do you live forever on a rpd?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 11:29:21 pm »
    Local naturally lived RAFs would preclude disease, but other things can kill or get the spark of life to leave the body.  I don't know that we will live all that much longer lifespans than all other people.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 11:54:00 pm »
About 120-130 years will be good. I think that this is probable. :)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 12:19:26 am »
We have a biological clock that determines our maximum lifespan.  For humans this seems to be about 120 years and is based on the maximum number of times our cells can divide and renew themselves.  Almost no one makes it to this age.  The only thing we can really influence is average lifespan and this is dependent more on environmental factors like the food we eat, infant mortality, and the physical dangers present. Every animal, regardless of what it eats, has a maximum lifespan and will die.  If this were not so, the earth would be overrun with animal life to the point where nothing could move.

I personally have little interest in a long life.  I'm far more interested in a high quality life where I'm physically and mentally able to do what I want.  I know many people who are in their 80s and 90s and have dementia, are physically bed ridden, or both.  I have no interest in living that way.  When I was in my 20s I was always worried that I'd die from a heart attack.  Now that I'm pushing 60 I'm far more worried that I won't.  You see, it is just fine with me if I die tomorrow from a heart attack because today I feel great and can do whatever I want to do.

Lex

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 12:22:42 am »
you also have to take into account the health of your habitat
living forever is possible

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 12:36:42 am »
You won't live forever

Your skin isn't glowing either

You don't look 10 years younger

You won't grow a finger back

People on this forum should have enough common sense to not make the same ridiculous claims i see every day on raw vegan forums.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 12:43:16 am »
People on this forum should have enough common sense to not make the same ridiculous claims i see every day on raw vegan forums.

They're just like children.  That's all.  They haven't matured.  I grew all ten of MY fingers back.  I'm kidding!  But really, lots of things are possible with raw foods, but not as much as many claim.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 12:44:20 am »

i was not implying that living forever is possible physically or that it has anything to do with diet/habitat....perhaps i should not have mentioned it but its definitely possibly otherwise
i would hope people on this board and others would have enough common sense to discern what is true or false according to their own own personal experiences and health and not take any of these comments as anything other then suggestions

William

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 06:24:06 am »
How long do you guys expect to live?

Indefinite. This WOE is a work-in-progress, and none of us can know what we might learn that could influence lifespan.

and what do you think will be the cause of your demise?

I read somewhere that loneliness and boredom are the two great curses of man; I'd bet on one of them.

If you come from several generations of rpd'ers could your lifespan be indefinite?

Duh.      ;)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 12:53:42 pm »
Humans age, like all other mammals.  This is probably reversable, with good enough technology.  However, I would guess that around 180 or 200 is close to the upper limit with perfect diet and lifestyle...maybe some meditators and yogis in the East have achieved even greater age than this, but that's not through diet.

The answer is, diet will not stop the aging process, but it can maybe be stopped via other, not currently widely known, methods.

Offline Seeker_1

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 01:18:41 pm »
Yeah I know this is a diet forum and all but don't look to diet alone for the extension of one's life and retention of one's abilities/health. There's a vid on youtube thats i'm having trouble finding, of this old chinese guy who does tai-chi on a daily basis. He's 116 in the video and still jogs like 5-10 miles a day. He wasn't on any special diet or anything (prolly cooked food, mostly veggies and grains) yet he was still was able to do everything he wanted.
   Honestly I think there's the "energetic" aspect (still being researched) that alot of people ignore. For example TCM (traditional Chinese Medicine), Ayurveda, and alot of "instinctual" energy healers are known to work wonders for alot of people. Personally i dont really agree 100% with thier dietary practices but if you look into things like acupuncture, Qi-Gong, meditation, color therapy, sungazing, etc you can find many supplimentary practices that will also help extend the lifespan while retaining health. Actually I honestly think thats how the few healthy raw vegans that still exist do it. Storm Talifero is the only raw vegan i know who seems to remain healthy, however he practices tai-chi, yoga, tantra, etc which i think also nourish us on a diff level, but thats all irrelevant on a forum soley for diet...:p
   And yeah like c_kid said you can look at yogis and such...actually the only one's who seems to thrive on plant food are these individuals(and others who do sum kind of spiritual practises)...but i have no idea how healthy they actually are, i just know that they can live for long periods of time.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 01:24:24 pm »
How long do you guys expect to live? and what do you think will be the cause of your demise?

Barring any traumatic cause I hope to live around 120 strong.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 06:29:39 pm »
I have come across multiple comments from RPDers stating that some other RPDers looked 10 years younger(if middle-aged). That is not surprising as rpd diets involve reducing the intake of heat/created toxins from cooking, which are known to contribute to old age-related effects.

For my own part, I doubt I will live much past 90 as my health deteriorated so badly in the 1st 3 decades of life, if only gradually, that I suspect that I could never live as long as if I'd been on the rpd diet for my entire life.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 07:10:02 pm »
Barring any traumatic cause I hope to live around 120 strong.

No male has ever lived past 115. Who knows if we can even digest raw food past a certain age.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 07:11:05 pm »
No male has ever lived past 115.
Any proof?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 07:37:46 pm »
Oh shucks, my great grandfather reportedly died at 114 years of age.
My grandfather died at 99.
None of them were on RPD.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 09:29:00 am »
Im thinking along the lines of Lex with this. I'm not sure we will significantly lengthen our lifespans. Hopefully the content will be vastly superior but not necessarily the length. No one has mentioned what they believe will be the cause of death but I'd be happy with my heart just stopping in my sleep.

For those that have been rpd the longest (5+ years), do you look any older than you did when you first started, or since the first year? Basically, have you aged at all in any way?

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 10:01:12 am »
I think the only proven way to lengthen lifespan is calorie restriction.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 03:00:51 pm »
I think the only proven way to lengthen lifespan is calorie restriction.
The Intermittant Fasting is proven to be better than simple CR.

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 03:33:55 pm »
Intermittent fasting sounds easier to do that calorie restriction.I would have no trouble not eating anyfood for say 1 or 2 days but my urges not to eat large amounts of food at every meal would be hard.

carnivore

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 05:49:23 pm »

For cooked food eaters, including cooked paleo. I would like to see evidences that IF is beneficial for rawpaleo dieters (not ZC).

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 05:58:41 pm »
For cooked food eaters, including cooked paleo. I would like to see evidences that IF is beneficial for rawpaleo dieters (not ZC).
Well, anecdotally, it's helped me a bit re increased energy.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 10:02:38 am »

Not true. If you look at the actual data results you will find that not all the IF mice lived as long as the CR mice. Only the IF mice who naturally calorie restricted due to the eating schedule had the same life extension benefits. The mice weren't calorie restricted per se because they were allowed to eat as much as they liked on days they were fed. The mice who managed to eat enough in one day to completely make up for the previous did not live as long as CR mice.

What this shows is that IF can overcome the hunger and desire for food that can occur during calorie restriction, but not the weight loss and emancipation which unfortunately is the biggest drawback.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 02:10:10 pm »
The mice weren't calorie restricted per se because they were allowed to eat as much as they liked on days they were fed.
But I'm talking about IF when you eat one meal a day that lasts couple of hours.
Besides mice aren't humans.
Once researchers fed rabbits with food rich in cholesterol and they've proven that it's disastrous to their health. But they didn't check that metabolism of rabbits is much different, re cholesterol, than humans.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk