Author Topic: paleolithic social/cultural structure?  (Read 3118 times)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
paleolithic social/cultural structure?
« on: February 22, 2010, 12:17:40 am »
i have been reading some really thought provoking studies on paleopeople and have found a lot of evidence that they were set up as matriarchical societies(from africans, egyptians, iriquois) with a lot of emphasis on women having huge roles in creating harmonic spiritual and benevolent tribes/societies....there is a great book that goes into a lot of our cyclic evolution/regression over time and offers ideas about why the more current cycles of events are more gear towards violence and away from nature...its called mother earth spirituality...there is also a lot of reading to be done on ANIMISM to understand how we diverged so far from from living instinctively....this can be found at http://www.sacred-texts.com/sha/anim/index.htm rather long but super interesting text on animism that takes a lot about our mind/spiritual realities

ps sorry if i miscatagorized this post!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:29:48 am by jessica »

William

Re: paleolithic social/cultural structure?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 06:13:45 am »
It was a perceptive science fiction writer who noted that the U.S.A. is a matriarchy, this after travelling in South American, which is patriarchal.
Heinlein, IIRC, and if you have not yet read his "Stranger in a Strange Land" you have a real  treat in store.

Canada is a matriarchy.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 06:22:07 pm »
In the past palaeolithic cultures have variously been described as being either patriarchal or matriarchal, depending on the relevant culture/attitudes of the anthropologists involved. In reality, both men and women had well defined roles, and were in a vague sense roughly equal, though issues of hierarchy were meaningless since male and female roles involved quite different duties for the most part.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 06:34:13 pm »
i have been reading some really thought provoking studies on paleopeople and have found a lot of evidence that they were set up as matriarchical societies(from africans, egyptians, iriquois) with a lot of emphasis on women having huge roles in creating harmonic spiritual and benevolent tribes/societies....there is a great book that goes into a lot of our cyclic evolution/regression over time and offers ideas about why the more current cycles of events are more gear towards violence and away from nature...its called mother earth spirituality...there is also a lot of reading to be done on ANIMISM to understand how we diverged so far from from living instinctively....this can be found at http://www.sacred-texts.com/sha/anim/index.htm rather long but super interesting text on animism that takes a lot about our mind/spiritual realities

ps sorry if i miscatagorized this post!

The most important role women have at all human times is making and raising children.
All other things are secondary.
No babies, no future.
Conditions have to be conducive for women to reproduce, the tribe's future depends on it.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk