Author Topic: Any problems with ground beef?  (Read 23104 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Any problems with ground beef?
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2010, 07:49:01 pm »
Yes, it is pastured, and the ghee I use is grassfed. I do eat both of them cold though, and do not cook any of the beef or egg yolks. I've actually felt more energetic since upping my fat by adding the ghee and lard. It is too hard for me to do otherwise.
 Cooked food is particularly good at affecting the glands re boosting adrenaline etc., giving a false seemingly positive surge in energy, according to AV. He explains that this is why a number of people get energetic highs from eating cooked foods. The catch is of course, that this eventually  overburdens the glands, and glandular-related issues then occur at some stage in the future.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2010, 09:58:30 pm »
I am currently starving for fat =( For several days.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2010, 01:26:35 am »
 Cooked food is particularly good at affecting the glands re boosting adrenaline etc., giving a false seemingly positive surge in energy, according to AV. He explains that this is why a number of people get energetic highs from eating cooked foods. The catch is of course, that this eventually  overburdens the glands, and glandular-related issues then occur at some stage in the future.

I am, as always, very curious as to how he comes to these conclusions.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2010, 01:52:58 am »
I am, as always, very curious as to how he comes to these conclusions.
  I think AV is right on this point. For one thing,  most of the more unpleasant conditions normally linked to old age are also heavily linked to high levels of advanced glycation end products. Plus, old aged people are commonly severely affected by deficiencies in their glandular systems, almost certainly built up after decades on cooked diets. And then there are people like me whose glandular systems have been seriously damaged by things such as pasteurised dairy, over the years. My own hormonal system was seriously screwed up by pasteurised dairy, for example, giving me some temporary energetic highs/boosts of various kinds, but ultimately giving me chronic fatigue etc. in the long run.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2010, 02:41:44 am »
Although I imagine being so sure of yourself is pleasant, I don't think it helps your image or the image of raw paleo dieters at large. Taking AV's word for it, when even in that very post you go on to write about dairy negatively when we all know AV praises it constantly, doesn't seem to make any sense to me. I really think you're taking the scientific articles you've read and stretching it to fit your own conclusions in a way that doesn't do any service to anyone, except maybe people who want to find holes to exploit in your conclusions. What's the point of saying something as if you're 100% sure of it? Are you? How could you be? Even if you did your own research studies you wouldn't be able to be 100% sure.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2010, 07:14:47 am »
    Thank you.  So many raw vegans online insist I'm addicted to some adrenalin surge from my raw meat.  They never tasted raw meat nor saw anyone eat it.  I thought maybe it was their experience of eating cooked meat.  I have heard AV say nutritional supplements just cause adrenalin surges that the person taking it misinterprets as good health.  It makes sense, as supplements are basically cooked.

Cooked food is particularly good at affecting the glands re boosting adrenaline etc., giving a false seemingly positive surge in energy, according to AV. ....

Did you notice he said pasteurised dairy?  I don't think AV ever said pasteurised dairy was any good for anything at all.  I would think he'd hate pasteurised dairy just like TD.  I do understand though, as TD other times often has said AV is wrong about whatever the topic was.

... helps your image or the image of raw paleo dieters at large. Taking AV's word for it, when even in that very post you go on to write about dairy negatively when we all know AV praises it constantly, doesn't seem to make any sense to me. I really think you're taking the scientific articles you've read and stretching it to fit your own conclusions in a way that doesn't do any service to anyone, except maybe people who want to find holes to exploit in your conclusions. ...

... AV is right on this point. For one thing,  most of the more unpleasant conditions normally linked to old age are also heavily linked to high levels of advanced glycation end products. Plus, old aged people are commonly severely affected by deficiencies in their glandular systems, almost certainly built up after decades on cooked diets. And then there are people like me whose glandular systems have been seriously damaged by things such as pasteurised dairy, over the years. My own hormonal system was seriously screwed up by pasteurised dairy, ...
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2010, 06:28:14 pm »
Although I imagine being so sure of yourself is pleasant, I don't think it helps your image or the image of raw paleo dieters at large. Taking AV's word for it, when even in that very post you go on to write about dairy negatively when we all know AV praises it constantly, doesn't seem to make any sense to me. I really think you're taking the scientific articles you've read and stretching it to fit your own conclusions in a way that doesn't do any service to anyone, except maybe people who want to find holes to exploit in your conclusions. What's the point of saying something as if you're 100% sure of it? Are you? How could you be? Even if you did your own research studies you wouldn't be able to be 100% sure.
 This is all a bit arbitrary on your part. Sure, no one can be 100% sure about most aspects of science, and food-science is one of the least researched fields out there, but that doesn't mean one can't draw conclusions if there's  "merely" substantial evidence in one's favour. All one can do is rely on scientific data and on one's own and others' experience(and mine fits in with AV's claims in this regard along with a lot of RPDers, and my point re older people being particularly susceptible to glandular issues is also relevant as most issues re old age are caused by inflammation with heat-created toxins like AGEs being a major cause of that).

I don't view AV's views as 100% correct and have routinely referred to him as part-charlatan, but, again and again, he has, at times, surprised me over the years with claims which I'd originally thought to be dead-wrong only for me to find out via personal experience(and scientific data) that he was dead right(eg:- AV's claims re "high-meat" or his claim re processed supplements causing an adrenaline rush for 24 hours, giving a false sense of well-being). Now, of course, AV "forgets" to mention the hormonal disruption caused by raw dairy, but that doesn't mean his comments re other kinds of glandular disruption are wrong.

*Another thing:- all I actually said was that "I think" that AV is right on this point. Rather tentative on my part, hardly a claim of certainty.

As regards the scientific studies I commonly refer to, I've been very fortunate indeed. There are masses of studies now done on heat-created toxins, as well as on the beneficial effects of bacteria etc., so that even hardline anti-raw fanatics, like Wrangham on one occasion, have been most non-plussed when asked to explain away the harm done by cooking. So, I really  don't need to reinterpret the  scientific data available.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk