Author Topic: To eat pork or not to eat ?  (Read 9212 times)

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
To eat pork or not to eat ?
« on: March 04, 2010, 12:58:21 am »
Whats up with the pork ? Is it unhealthy because it's fed dangerously in USA (The feed in Estonia is not that bad at all) or I can get some awful parasites from eating it raw. For some three weeks I have been eating cooked pork and I am feeling pretty fine. But since I have been eating it day by day I feel like I should switch it to raw. But here is the question. What are the dangers ? I sometimes buy good quality beef and eat it raw but I can't afford it to eat everyday.

William

Re: To eat pork or not to eat ?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 01:08:00 am »
Whats up with the pork ? Is it unhealthy because it's fed dangerously in USA (The feed in Estonia is not that bad at all) or I can get some awful parasites from eating it raw.

Yes, it is fed bad stuff in Canada, I suppose U.S.A. is the same.
I liked pork, but will no longer buy it.
Ate some raw years ago, no parasites.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 02:26:45 am »
Check out the movie Food Inc. if you want to see the American beef, pork, and chicken food production system in action. No doubt mirrored in Canada and other places. Get it from a farmer. Drive to the farm. Get organic.
Cheers
Al

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 04:02:00 am »
I don't see what beneficial nutrients pork would have that true herbivores would not. Maybe salmonella, since one of our members intentionally ate raw pork intestines to get some parasite. But he hasnt been heard from in a few days. Maybe when he comes back we'll know.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 04:05:37 am »
Isn't that what high meat is? Mine is ready in a few days BTW. Can't wait!
Cheers
Al

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 04:10:32 am »
I don't see what beneficial nutrients pork would have that true herbivores would not. Maybe salmonella, since one of our members intentionally ate raw pork intestines to get some parasite. But he hasnt been heard from in a few days. Maybe when he comes back we'll know.

I talked with a member here who's eating pig intestines to get some parasite last night.

Isn't that what high meat is? Mine is ready in a few days BTW. Can't wait!

I just ate some and plan to make an effort to eat it more often and more meat.  I think I need it, or better fat.  I wish I got good marrow regularly and that brain wasn't so hard to get. 

Anyone make brain high meat?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 05:34:53 am »
Isn't pork meat the toughest meat out there in terms of texture? My theory is that the more tough the meat is the harder it is to digest.

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 05:47:12 am »
I am digesting pork pretty well. I feel good on cooked pork. Don't know about raw pork though..

Yea, I have found threads about eating pork intestines to intentionally get some parasites like tapworm. For me it's something dangerous to try. Thats why I want to know if raw pork meat is healthy ? I am buying my raw pork fat and eating it raw allready but still I have some plug in my brain keeps me away from eating raw pork.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 05:49:26 am »
Isn't pork meat the toughest meat out there in terms of texture? My theory is that the more tough the meat is the harder it is to digest.

Have you ever touched uncooked pork with your hands or a fork?  Yes highmeat is softer than non-fermented meat and easier to digest.  That's not the only key to this WOE though.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 05:58:49 am »
Yes I have rawzi and it is more tougher than beef

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 06:28:58 am »
Try it for some time and then go to your doctor and test for parasites if you want but there are lots of people who believe parasites are healthy which doesn't even really mean they are parasites. Parasites are supposedly bad for you only on crappy diets because they only eat dead matter. This is why its dangerous for cooked food eaters because all the food they eat is cooked. I have no written proof of this but plenty of people on these forums believe it.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Taste Sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 12:22:07 pm »
Unless it's from a small farm and fed it's natural diet the chances are that the grocery pork is a dirty product to consume. Also pork is way too lean and the fat is unsaturated. So I would not eat much pork but for variety reasons would eat it once in a blue moon.

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 05:51:36 pm »
Try it for some time and then go to your doctor and test for parasites if you want but there are lots of people who believe parasites are healthy which doesn't even really mean they are parasites. Parasites are supposedly bad for you only on crappy diets because they only eat dead matter. This is why its dangerous for cooked food eaters because all the food they eat is cooked. I have no written proof of this but plenty of people on these forums believe it.

If parasites are healthy and will eat on only dead matter then how will you keep these healthy things in you when you don't have dead matter in your system ? It's contradicting. Thanks

Unless it's from a small farm and fed it's natural diet the chances are that the grocery pork is a dirty product to consume. Also pork is way too lean and the fat is unsaturated. So I would not eat much pork but for variety reasons would eat it once in a blue moon.

It depends how lean it is. For example, I eat only belly part which is full of fat. I think there is not much difference in saturated fat when comparing beef with pork. Some of you eat supermarket beef but our pork is not fed any worser than beef in USA.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 09:26:56 am »
Had some raw pork today.. I do feel good after eating it, but I think the fat is inferior..

I can usually feel my skin getting all moist and lubricated after I eat a nice fatty meal, but I didn't feel that with the pork.

Also I felt ridicoulusly horny after eating it. Weird.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 10:18:41 am »
ForTheHunt I think the horniness is because the unsaturated fat is metabolised faster, and you are well-fed so your body feels its' current fat supply is adequate, so your body needs to use it quickly. So, it.. makes stuff. =D
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 05:29:00 pm »
ForTheHunt I think the horniness is because the unsaturated fat is metabolised faster, and you are well-fed so your body feels its' current fat supply is adequate, so your body needs to use it quickly. So, it.. makes stuff. =D

lol

I tried half cooked pork yesterday and yes, it was a bit tougher.

Offline Predator

• Scavenger
  • Vancouver, BC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 09:48:56 am »
Also I felt ridicoulusly horny after eating it. Weird.

I felt like that all of last week and was flirting with girls everywhere I went.  I usually don't eat pork but last week it ended up being pretty much all I ate.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk