Author Topic: Recovery Time.  (Read 5724 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Recovery Time.
« on: March 26, 2010, 01:01:28 am »
Do you guys who eat ZC find that(1) with practise, you are able to recover faster between exercise? That is, if you had to initially have a rest-day between sports training, do you find that you are gradually able to train every, or 6 days a week?

Or, do you find that(2) whilst your strength/stamina(the energy you're able to put in to each session and the recovery from it) etc improves with practise, you continue to need the same period of rest between sessions?

OR, do you find that(3) initially, you start with scenario '2', and then once your body becomes comfortable with the training/has 'near optimum' strength/stamina for that activity, that your body then moves on to scenario '1'?

This 'near optimum' I spoke of, I would not expect to apply to sports such as sprinting, cycling etc, where the strength/stamina are SO entwined with the skill that they are nearly un-differentiable(because they involve almost a single movement repeated over and over again as opposed to the following which can involve a much wider array of situations), but more to sports like Soccer, Basketball, Judo, Wrestling etc... This 'near optimum' would be the level which allows you to develop your skill 'near optimally', and if you can maintain it daily, you can develop more skill, whereas in Sprinting I'd think you would have no 'near optimum' for training, as you would want it to increase infinitely. Alternatively, with such a discipline you have to option to do less training at each 'sitting' anyway.

I have asked this predominately to 'ZC' people, as whilst I do not know about everyone, I found that when I ate carbs the limit to my recovery was very low, there was only so much I could recover between each session anyway before I would start to decline. Twice a day I would train. Now, I find I can continue to improve over a long period of time, beyond what I was before the exercise, so I just cut it off at some point when I consider I've built enough. Atm this is every other day, occasionally two in a row, sometimes two off in a row. I get stronger with each training session, with each day of rest, and I expect that scenario '3' is closest to what will occur with time. I am not close to this however, as other signs of poor-health are still in the process of clearing-up such as now 'mild', certainly 'milder' acne.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:23:06 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Recovery Time.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 03:47:16 am »
On ZC, I can lift harder, longer, with greater focus and maintain better. I don't know how to judge recovery because I purposely limit my lifting to 3 x a week because I do not build muscle easily -- ectomorph -- and can lose weight too much if I over train.

ZC has allowed me to not bonk when training and really focus on building up my strength--unfortunately, adding size is genetically impossible for me (I would love bigger shoulders).

Also, on ZC, I can do fasted hiking and powerwalks in the cold and heat and continue to fast afterwards. I never feel weak.

moringa82

Re: Recovery Time.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 10:45:48 pm »
On ZC, I can lift harder, longer, with greater focus and maintain better. I don't know how to judge recovery because I purposely limit my lifting to 3 x a week because I do not build muscle easily -- ectomorph -- and can lose weight too much if I over train.

ZC has allowed me to not bonk when training and really focus on building up my strength--unfortunately, adding size is genetically impossible for me (I would love bigger shoulders).

Also, on ZC, I can do fasted hiking and powerwalks in the cold and heat and continue to fast afterwards. I never feel weak.

there is no such a thing as ''genetically impossible''... why do you think  that when a 2- 5 year old child(or an adult for that matter) is dewormed, they gain healthy weight immediately?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk