Author Topic: Eat pemmican and get atherosclerosis!  (Read 20137 times)

William

Re: Eat pemmican and get atherosclerosis!
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 09:43:02 am »
Post removed--Trolling.

--cherimoya_kid

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:49:17 pm by cherimoya_kid »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 06:24:49 pm »
So what happens to the PUFA's when they are rendered? 

William promotes neolithic pemmican, TD neolithic fruit.

So the Masai are born, have children, then grandchilden get arthoscelerosis and then die of old age.
Well, first of all, I don't generally promote neolithic fruit. In past posts, I've made it clear that I consider wild, uncultivated  fruits to be superior to all cultivated fruits. Secondly, while William is undoubtedly wrong on many other things, it is quite feasible to assume that pemmican was eaten in the last 10% of the Palaeolithic era after cooking was invented, since they had hides etc. for containers. That makes it palaeo but not rawpalaeo -  * Wow, William got something right for once!*

As for the Masai, there's snippets of interesting info out there. 1 thing I did learn, a while back, was that the Masai don't just drink the blood and milk that the WAPF constantly mention. They also traditionally eat a variety of sorghum, corn and other grains, hardly healthy.

It's also been pointed out that while the Masai have widespread atherosclerosis, the underlying cause of heart-disease, their much lower average lifespan means they don't generally reach an age where it becomes a problem.

And I agree that there need to be more studies done on rendered fat. Although there is the current interesting  info linking rendered animal fats to BSE.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2010, 08:17:19 pm »
As for the Masai, there's snippets of interesting info out there. 1 thing I did learn, a while back, was that the Masai don't just drink the blood and milk that the WAPF constantly mention. They also traditionally eat a variety of sorghum, corn and other grains, hardly healthy.

Where did you get that info regarding the Masai eating grains? AfaIk they traditionally lived from animal food only, and only recently (20th C) adopted eating grains, vegetables, and so on.

On a side note, WAP wasn't concerned with longevity, just with teeth and dental arches. The Masai must have been doing SOMETHING right with their food, as wide dental arches don't come with excercise.

Another question would be, what do the Masai die from? They have arteriosklerosis but don't die from it, presumably because they die too young 'of a natural cause' what would that cause be?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2010, 11:46:33 pm »
There are no  heat-created toxins in my pemmican.

So how did pre-contact Inuit cook, when all they had for fuel was seal oil, and no containers?

I think you're right, they may not have had pots to cook in yet.  I think white man introduced pots to them.

To me, high meat tastes reminiscent of how cooked meat was.  I guess it's the aging/ripening/maturing.  Kind of like Susun Weed says ripe fruit is cooked by the sun (as most of the enzymes are used/gone) or many say letting grapes ferment in effect cooks them.  I think Inuits' food was cooked (some as much was fresh harpooned) by ripening underground. 

I think there may be a positive note on pemmican.  Although I do not consider it a raw food, I am familiar with dehydrating food, as my many experiences in other raw groups and kitchens (albeit vegan).  I've read people here on this forum complain about some meat grinders heating up trying to gring dehydrated meat.  From what I've deduced in vegan forums, once the food (outside of fat) is dehydrated, a little heat won't damage it.  In nature, raw and ripening things and people in the sun heat up little by little.  It is unnatural to heat up fast, going from wet to cooking temp in a minute.  Once a little dehydrated, although not very healthy, not as many enzyme changes tend to happen when heating a little.  So, pemmican I think may be less unhealthy than some think.

You being here on a raw forum, I think you should give raw a chance.  Even if raw meat gives you diarrhea the first month or whatever, if you really like the word "raw", get through that month or two, however long it takes. You say you're healthy, so I don't see how a little diarrhea should scare you.  Go for raw.  Do it.  I don't see any reason why not.  Sure people might have eaten some of their food dry in paleo times, but you can't believe they always did it with all their food or that it's better for health, at least not in reality.

I don't like making people change though.  Everyone does things in their own time.  Variety is good too, you being the pemmican eater with the rest of us raw.  You and Tyler fighting though, he's admin!  I mean, yes, we should fight injustices or ignorance in the world, but there's much to learn from TD, and you don't seem open to learning, only to saying pemmican over and over.

Does your family tend to get atherosclerosis?  Do they eat pemmican? 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2010, 05:50:10 am »
    I think you're right, they may not have had pots to cook in yet.  I think white man introduced pots to them.

But the Inuit had hides so could still cook/make pemmican etc.

.  Tyler fighting though, he's admin!

Well strictly speaking, I'm  a Global Moderator, it's GS who is the admin.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk