Author Topic: Health benefits come from the low sugar/carb diet, not raw food  (Read 6713 times)

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
The reason most people get benefits is because they give up grains, carbs + potatoes, most fruit, breads, and only use small amoutns of berries and honey.

Raw meat is healthier, but if you steam a piece of organic chicken for a few minutes its really not that bad.

The original health problems i have were caused by eating white flour,
white sugar, pasteurised dairy, breads and grains,
, chocolate, artificial sweetners, vegetable oils and mercury fillings.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Health benefits come from the low sugar/carb diet, not raw food
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 01:42:30 am »
The original health problems i have were caused by eating white flour,
white sugar, pasteurised dairy, breads and grains,
, chocolate, artificial sweetners, vegetable oils and mercury fillings.

And how did the mercury fillings taste?  ;)

I agree that what you listed are the so called "obvious offenders" here.

The steaming is not that bad compared to a well cooked one, but there is still some damage in that process. It's probably good as a transition process, if you need that.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 04:50:04 am »
Hey fuggles, how old are you?

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 04:53:25 am »
im 19

u

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 04:53:56 am »
why u ask

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 04:57:22 am »
Because you make threads like this one.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 05:04:32 am »
if you steam a piece of organic chicken for a few minutes 

sick
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 05:25:53 am »
while their is some core truth to some of this, there are plenty of other forums discussing these kind of approaches. The title is totally false for many.

starting various threads on "cold cuts", grains, cheese, and your review of the Weston Price book, which you clearly never even read as you are now asking questions about it - All these are contradicting/flaming basic concepts that are easily available in the "important info for newbies thead" or basic searching of the site - without any scientific source or reasoning, is getting kinda old.

I encourage you to continue making healthful additions and subtractions to your diet and to ask questions on how to fine tune a RPD, not rationalize or demonize it, as this information is also readily available.

here are two sites you might find helpful.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
http://cavemanforum.com/

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 05:37:11 am »
The above title is, of course, shocking in its blatant  ignorance as many RVAFers such as Instinctos have  greatly benefitted, healthwise, from going raw but  while still eating lots of raw carbs.

Simply put, cooked chicken is about 1 of the worst, unhealthiest foods one can eat, as chicken are very unhealthy, being intensively farmed and  mostly routinely fed on grains. Then there's the extra heat-created toxins created by the process of  cooking which add to the burden.

Plus, for some  people such as myself, cutting out absolutely all raw sugars/carbs has actually led to a serious decline in health, with a number requiring at least some raw carbs for good health. Similiarly, many zero-carbers have found, to their cost, that a cooked-zero-carb diet wasn't as healthy as they'd thought , and subsequently found that going raw, zero-carb improved their health much more.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 06:11:24 am »
I get about half my calories from fruit...Im getting pleanty of benefits.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 12:04:03 am »
I did a cooked ketogenic high fat (80-85%), low carb, moderate protein diet for about a year and I got really bad heart problems from it. Most of my fat was coming from grain finished beef. I'd have the fattiest cuts I could find and I'd use tallow to cook it, basking the meat in it after it was done cooking. I'd also use the tallow to cook vegetables such as frozen spinach or fresh chard, or other foods such as conventional chicken wings and giblets or liver and onions or various conventionally raised pork cuts, and to cook conventional egg yolks (I'd throw the whites away). I would extract the tallow myself from fat trimmings I got from the butcher, since store-bought tallow tasted absolutely horrible. I'd make a huge batch and freeze a bunch of jars of  tallow and scoop a copious amount every day to cook. I also had a ton of smoked bacon that I didn't cook any further, since it comes already cooked, and I didn't want to melt the fat away. Sometimes I'd make fried bacon and egg yolks or something, but most days I'd just have the smoked bacon cold from the fridge, and it was clearly more fat than meat by volume. I also had plenty of prosciutto which is raw ham, and salami which is a kind of very fatty raw pork+beef jerky, but they're both cured, heavily salted and usually have chemical preservatives too. All my meats had to be salted.

Most of the time, my beef was cooked blue rare (seared on the outside, raw inside, oftentimes cold inside because the heat never got to it), especially steak I'd have this way. The yolks were always super runny, just barely warm. The tallow however, was always heated. Not to the point of burning it, but it was heated. The fat on beef was always cooked also, I couldn't stand the texture of raw or undercooked beef fat. The only truly raw foods I was having were tomatoes, cucumbers, salad greens, garlic, and the occasional avocado or fruit. I'd put extra virgin olive oil in the salads, but I don't know if that was really raw or not.

For a while I was also having a lot of butter and cream and vegetable oils, but the problems really started a few months after I started packing in the tallow and giving up the other sources of fat. I also did an overfeeding experiment with the tallow, where I upped my caloric intake to well past the point of sustenance, to see if I would gain fat or gain energy. I gained energy. And heart disease.

After quitting the ketogenic diet, my heart got a little better. I didn't really stick to any particular nutritional plan, not for any more than a week anyways. I continued to eat my steaks blue rare, just didn't cook them in tallow anymore, and didn't get the fattiest cuts all the time. I started eating more fruit, and eventually grains and even junk food. The only thing that temporarily helped was raw foods. I was just too scared to eat any animal foods raw except for small amounts of fish. I went around 2.5 years like that, eating a mix of whatever depending on the day. Now that I'm 100% raw (primal) for 3.5 months it seems to be healing. For the first 2 months on this raw diet the problems seemed to have been gone completely, but now I see that there's still healing that needs to take place.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:01:21 am by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk