Author Topic: Editing posts?  (Read 5153 times)

Offline nummytummy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Editing posts?
« on: April 14, 2010, 01:21:27 am »
Why can't we edit our own posts? I'm trying to edit one of my old posts to make it more readable. Why is it not possible? Or is it possible and am I just not finding the correct button?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Editing posts?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 03:09:08 am »
They're editable. Just click the "Edit" button adjacent to the "Quote" button and edit as you need. Click "Save" on the bottom which replaces "Post" on an edit and you're good. Note, the "Edit" option only appears on your posts (common sense but thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone wonders why it's not there next to the "Quote" on my post ;D).
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 03:15:39 am »
    The button on mine reads modify, rather than it reading "edit".  I think once someone responds to your post, it is no longer editable.  It's modify-able at least.  A number of months ago, once you hit the reply button, there was no changing things I think.  There was a discussion here in the forum before the change. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 03:26:16 am »
    The button on mine reads modify, rather than it reading "edit".  I think once someone responds to your post, it is no longer editable.  It's modify-able at least.  A number of months ago, once you hit the reply button, there was no changing things I think.  There was a discussion here in the forum before the change. 
My bad. It does say "Modify". :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline nummytummy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 05:21:23 am »
for some reason the "Modify" button is missing on my posts in the Welcome section. i see it on my post here, but not on my posts there. strange...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 04:37:05 pm »
Given past discussion, GS allowed people to edit posts some 8(?) hours after posting, I think. You'd have to ask GS about the time-limit before posts become unalterable.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 05:45:07 pm »
We have a grace period for good reason.
It's to keep the sanity of thread discussions.
Many boards of old had been ruined because some member decided to alter or erase all his old posts.
Grace period of 8 hours is enough.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline nummytummy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 03:02:04 am »
I just wanted to put some of the longer more detailed information into a journal, because when i first posted i didn't quite understand the organisation of the boards. but it's okay. i'll just continue as is.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk