Author Topic: Tender vs lean meat  (Read 3172 times)

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Tender vs lean meat
« on: April 20, 2010, 06:04:33 am »
Some sources state that lean meat is superior health-wise and that it is valued over tender meat in tribes. Did anyone who has experimented experience different effects?

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Tender vs lean meat
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 08:04:25 am »
Most people probably won't agree with me but I tend to enjoy eating lean meat rather than tender.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:00:19 am »
Lol, the same sources that think we need to eat grains, and 5 servings of fruit and veggies a day, and that fiber is good for health.  -v

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 10:44:36 am »
I think I saw this in AV's or Weston Price's books.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 12:47:24 pm »
Sorry just realized I didnt answer the question. They say lean meat is healthier for two reasons. First of all they are talking about grain fed beef full of hormones and antibiotics which are stored in the fat of the meat. And when you cook the fat it becomes oxidized which makes it unhealthy. So the less fat the "healthier" it is at least on a SAD diet.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk