Author Topic: ulcerative colitis-very sensitive digestion  (Read 8350 times)

Offline jfgrout3

• Forager
    • View Profile
ulcerative colitis-very sensitive digestion
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:51:56 pm »
I have ulcerative colitis (UC) and have been eating a raw meat based diet on/off for about 7 years. My condition has improved greatly, but I still suffer from very sensitive digestion and blood in my stool. Though raw meat digests better than any other SAD food, I still can't handle more than a small amount of raw meat, even fatty meat like tongue without feeling tired and kinda sick the next morning. I feel like my body can't handle much protein even if I add liberal amounts of fat to balance it. I've tried Primal diet, raw dairy, raw veggie juice, Wai, etc. with no success. I still can't get down much suet/straight fat without losing my appetite immediately which makes me lose weight. I digest raw marrow, fermented cod liver oil, and oysters wonderfully, but would like to broaden my diet at some point. I'm allergic to most fruit, and  I suspect that even the fruit that I show no immediate allergy to is still causing my intestinal/rectal ulcers to stay open and not heal properly (just a feeling/theory with no actual proof). Besides the obvious conclusion that I'm sensitive and need to eat the marrow, oysters, and CLO, what do you think is going on with me, where I can't really handle much meat at all (more than a 1/4-1/2 pound daily)? I also never eat more than 12 oysters in a day, a few times a week, as I'm concerned with over-mineralization from zinc, etc. And I never take more than a tablespoon or 2 of CLO, as more seems to be overkill as well. That leaves me with raw marrow, which is an amazing food, but it's my only major consistent source of calories that works for me. It's expensive and doesn't seem natural to have to eat 2000 + calories a day of marrow to maintain my health/weight, especially taking into account the marrow to bison meat ratio I'm eating from seems to be a waste of an animal (I know the other bison parts go to other people and uses, but hunter/gatherer speaking). Am I a marrowtarian? JK, but seriously what's up? I'm 6 feet tall, 165 pounds but have been up to 180 lbs. with low body fat after weeks of pounding raw marrow and working out, which seems and feels like a better weight for me. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Jack

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: ulcerative colitis-very sensitive digestion
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 11:03:39 pm »
Other than constant experimentation with different kinds of raw animal foods, I'm nto sure what to advise. Oh, high-meat is very good indeed for speeding up circulation.A few RPDers have such fouled up a digestive system that they need to eat most or all of their raw meats aged a few days or more.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 12:10:32 am »
For how long have you been taking cod liver oil?

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 03:45:09 pm »
    Would eating pig intestine be in order?  Just once.  I don't mean to eat it all the time.  Are you familiar with the study at the University of Iowa? 
  Joel Weinstock, a gastroenterologist who heads a research team at University of Iowa, said, "We're the first population never to experience [gut] worms. He asked six patients with intractable inflammatory bowel-disease to quaff worm-eggs in a liquid solution, specifically the eggs of Trichurissuis, a whipworm (parasite that looks like a whip) normally found in pigs. Within about two weeks, five of the six patients went into remission - for up to five months. The patients were begging for more parasites.

Interestingly, Weinstock noted that intestinal problems are increasing in animals as well. Pigs, which are now raised in clean pens, are getting sick. So are some species of captive monkeys that are kept too clean.

The micro-science that studies “pathogens” is relatively new (50  years) and obviously flawed.  New research (20 years) has been and is being performed proving that “pathogens” are responsible for reversal of cancer, and possibly for cancer prevention. Dr. K Brooks Low of  Yale University reported that he has used salmonella (a genus of bacteria believed to cause food-poisoning) to shrink tumors and reverse cancer.

As part of her doctoral studies in Toronto, Canada, Dr. Sara Arab (now a clinical fellow in Medical Genetics) injected verotoxin (bacterial byproduct) from E.coli (a genus of bacteria found in bowels and feces also believed to cause food-poisoning) directly into human astrocytoma (malignant tumors of the brain) that had been grown in mice. After a single injection, within 7-15 days both the tumors and their blood-vessels completely dissolved.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 05:45:16 pm »
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 08:39:10 pm »
    Would eating pig intestine be in order?  Just once.  I don't mean to eat it all the time.  Are you familiar with the study at the University of Iowa? 

Would the pig intestines still contain live parasites?

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 05:43:23 am »
A few RPDers have such fouled up a digestive system that they need to eat most or all of their raw meats aged a few days or more.

Apparently I fall into this category... some meats give me problems when eaten fresh, but aged are just perfect!  I thought it was a protein thing too, but aging increased my 'safe' food list.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 01:59:53 pm »
Original post deleted as it's spam

What is with this copy and pasting?
Are you promoting a drug?
Did you forget you are in a RAW PALEO FORUM?
Yet you recommend WHOLE GRAINS? DAIRY PRODUCTS? CEREALS? COMPLEX CARBS?

What's your angle? 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:50:10 pm by TylerDurden »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 03:15:10 pm »
promoting a drug?
Did you forget you are in a RAW PALEO FORUM?
Yet you recommend WHOLE GRAINS? DAIRY PRODUCTS? CEREALS? COMPLEX CARBS?

What's your angle? 

I think they do not know yet it's a paleo forum.  I think they plan to eventually slip in links to whatever drug they're selling.  Then you'll know who they are.  Hopefully they will read next time, and learn about health rather than their old mind numbing stuff about drugs and neolithic food.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 03:18:06 pm »
    Jack, I was going to ask you how you're doing now, but I see you made a more recent and more extensive post.  I'll see how you're doing there.  Best of luck.

PS If I could get enough marrow, 'sounds yum to me.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk