Author Topic: Urine Therapy  (Read 8556 times)

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
Urine Therapy
« on: April 24, 2010, 03:29:09 am »
I just read in MrBBQ's journal about it... My question is... wouldn't urine, feces, and sweat be major ways of the body to get rid of toxins? So wouldn't it therefore be counterproductive to re-introduce them into the body? Why does the body excrete urine in the first place, if it were better to reabsorb it?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Urine Therapy
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 03:33:03 am »
No rawpalaeos practice faeces- or urine-therapy. It's purely something practised by a very few extremists among the Primal Dieters. It's totally unnecessary and very toxic, as, like you said, those are ways for the body tog et rid of toxins.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 04:34:00 am »
Other animals do it, although I'm not asserting that as a basis for advocation - we have an expression in English: don't knock it 'til you've tried...

Of course, we know that the kidneys are the pathway for water-soluble toxins, as the liver/intestine is for fat-soluble toxins.

Paradoxically, according to the principles of hormesis and homeopathy, I found urine therapy invaluable during the bulk of my detoxification after withdrawing from a cooked diet. I had multiple instances of herxheimer effect following consumption of 100% urine and multiple dilutions of urine (according to homeopathy dilution practices).

I no longer consume my own urine on RAF, although I would consider it as a means to an end to either invoke or assist during a healing crisis.

Shivambu shastra is an old tradition, possibly mimicked by humans that observed animals (like ingesting these mineral pitches like shilajit/moomiyo).

I won't necessarily talk about components of "plasma ultrafiltrate" like urokinase (a de-fibrinolytic enzyme) that are used as fractions in every day life (surgery, cosmetics).

The information overload continues...
When hungry eat, when tired sleep - this is the essence of Zen...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 04:46:41 am »
While I find the above all rather dubious, I have to admit that my experiments with homeopathy were surprisingly(if only partially) successful, pre-rawpalaeodiet. That is, they solved several symptoms I had, but only temporarily while I took the pills, but didn't solve the actual health-problems as such.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 07:44:23 pm »
Other animals do it

I saw my gerbils do it... I read they do it to get vitamin b12 which is produced in the bowels, but too far down to be reabsorbed. Which other animals do it? Which ones drink their urine and how?

Do you have an explanation as for why the reabsorbed toxins wouldn't be a problem?

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 11:53:50 pm »
I kind of look to children for the answers..

Kind of like 'why do kids eat glue?'  their bodies must know there is gelatin or something from those horse hooves that they make that pasty kids glue out of, they know they must need the nutes from it so they eat it...

in that same vein of thinking, i can not recall ever watching a child collect its body wastes and re-ingest them.... 

but then again i suppose i used to eat my boogers as a kid.... humm.
That's not paleo.

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 11:56:52 pm »
I kind of look to children for the answers..

Kind of like 'why do kids eat glue?'  their bodies must know there is gelatin or something from those horse hooves that they make that pasty kids glue out of, they know they must need the nutes from it so they eat it...

in that same vein of thinking, i can not recall ever watching a child collect its body wastes and re-ingest them.... 

but then again i suppose i used to eat my boogers as a kid.... humm.

I've seen children run to cars that had just been parked in order to sniff the exhaust fumes. That kind of makes me doubt that children instinctively know what's best for them.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 02:16:44 pm »
I've seen children run to cars that had just been parked in order to sniff the exhaust fumes. That kind of makes me doubt that children instinctively know what's best for them.

New, artificial things that appeared recently in our evolutionary history haven’t been there long enough in the environment for their particularities  (toxicity or absence of it) to be integrated by the genetics of animals and humans. Therefore, instincts are fooled by those recently appeared stuffs.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 02:58:26 pm »
There's no shortage of therapies in the world.For every person that a says one therapy is good,there's another who says it's bad.
Just like anything else.Ever read car reviews?diet reviews?movie reviews?tennis racquet reviews?It doesn't end.Health oriented people can't even agree on what kind of water to drink. 8)
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 04:18:26 pm »
They agree chlorine is bad...
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PrimalLadyRosy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Primal Diet Friends
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 05:53:21 pm »
For every person that a says one therapy is good,there's another who says it's bad.
Health oriented people can't even agree on what kind of water to drink. 8)
They agree chlorine is bad...

I still hear people saying it's so good to have chlorine keeping the water healthy.  You and I know it's bad, but all the US water is being chlorinated for health purposes.
I am the creator of the primal diet friends social networking site, thanks to Jim and Barbara Ellingson's suggestion.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 02:30:52 am »
yeah,not to mention the fluoride.. ;)
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk