Author Topic: Bleh.  (Read 3520 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Bleh.
« on: April 24, 2010, 07:36:40 am »
Is 'Sleep' like kidney stones, but in your tear ducts? A possible warning sign?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Does long hair exist in the armpits, and between the legs to reduce bacteria(and thus smell)? These areas your skin is touching, so like with meat more bacteria would grow in these areas. Putting something in between like hair could reduce the bacterial growth. Could having longer/more armpit hair reduce the bacterial life and smell along with it? Do people have shorter/less armpit hair until they get older because it causes a large smell to ward off danger, and so protect them until they are strong? The older you get, the stronger and more capable to defend yourself you are(up to a point), and the less time you have to reproduce so you must have every help to attract a mate(including reducing the odour), so the hair grows more dense/longer with age..? This is assuming that the smell produced by the bacteria living off the sweat is unattractive, and separate to the pheromones released in the sweat.

I just read that there are two types of sweat gland. The one which produces the odour is concentrated in the armpits and genital area, suggesting the smell is intentional. That's assuming this 'odour' is the one produced by the bacteria, and not the pheromones. This would suggest that the smell should not be negative in a healthy individual. However, many people would say they find the smell of raw-meat disgusting so... It's hard to tell. I can't really use myself as a subject for this anyway as I still have acne spots, a sign of poor health, along with other imperfections(e.g. dry lips, upset stomach[my understanding of what can cause both is improving, and thus the incidence is decreasing]) which occur which I am able to reduce more and more in time, with understanding of their cause. I also don't eat grass-finished meat, or wild meat at the moment. I am however increasing my sun/UVA&B exposure. Ancient humans would also not have worn clothes though, so...

"The amount of body odor you produce is based on the ability of your body to filter substances that it intakes. The stuff that it filters out and expels through sweat smells bad. The better your body is at filtering, the more bad stuff it expels, and the more your sweat smells. It has to do with genetics, there's nothing you can really do about how your body filters"

I even got this from somewhere, which would suggest some dietary cause I still have very wrong?

If I felt healthy in every other way, and eating(and living) pretty much 'to the letter natural' I would be confident that a smell produced by my body was a good one, and that if someone found it negative that it was simply due to acculturation and not actually bad. However I can't be. If I don't wash my armpits, they actually smell good to me, but they still smell, just it seems a good, musky smell. If I do wash my armpits(just luke-warm water) they briefly don't smell, but when they do start to smell it is a smell which does not smell good to me.

The thing that led me to be questioning this was after reading an article someone else posted in another topic which said how important sweating and hairlessness was to our survival. If this was so, then the odour may have been a compromise, and not a positive thing in itself.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also... If anyone here has personal experience of overcoming acne spots through their natural diet/lifestyle I would be interested in their knowledge. Is it possible it could be as simple as eating only 100% grassfed meat?

Is most lamb in the UK 100% grass-fed, and most beef grassfed/grass-finished? For both, these would be unlabelled as such. Do a lot of Americans here eat grassfed/grainfinished meat? Is this what 'Whole Foods' sells?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 08:27:45 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Megan Megatoast

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Bleh.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 08:47:10 am »
To the "sleep" thing. Sleep occurs when your saline-water solution secreted by your tear ducts are doing their job. Sleep is a mixture of saline-water and dirt that has traveled to the tear duct of your eye so that later, maybe you'll rub your eyes and get rid of it. There is no connection between sleep and kidney stones.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 09:33:01 am »
If I don't wash my armpits, they actually smell good to me, but they still smell, just it seems a good, musky smell. If I do wash my armpits(just luke-warm water) they briefly don't smell, but when they do start to smell it is a smell which does not smell good to me.

You've sort of answered your own question here.

I 100% disagree with hygiene theory on showering without soap. If you do this, basically you just reabsorb everything back through the skin. If someone has been on a healthy diet for years, and lives outside of a poluted area, a washcloth might be all that is needed. Prior to that, it makes little sense anyway unless you have a shower filter or well water, as one absorbs many more chemicals through tap water in the skin than simple health soaps (supposedly more than drinking tap water). If you are smelling more after a shower, and you have acne, presumably theirs blockages in your skin.

having an odor at this point, is probably a healthy sign, especially with the grain-fed meats. I really don't think this is a 'unaccustomed society' kind of issue. Many times on this diet i've strait up smelled like a chemical plant, other times like grass-fed meat, other times just like sweat. The skin is supposedly a secondary kind of filtration, so some hygienists argue that minimal oder is normal, but again in a modern setting there is going to be some skin filtration of at least the non-food wastes.

Is most lamb in the UK 100% grass-fed, and most beef grassfed/grass-finished? For both, these would be unlabelled as such. Do a lot of Americans here eat grassfed/grainfinished meat? Is this what 'Whole Foods' sells?

heres the WF beef I get

http://www.americangrassfedbeef.com/

"Our cattle are finished on the highest quality forage available that is in a green growing state."

which presumable is some kind of micro green. seems to be common here, also some farms using hay in wintertime.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 02:05:24 pm »
    I was wondering the other day why we have hair in those places etc.  Interesting theories you have.  Thanks.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 08:23:19 pm »
I assumed we had hair there to stop discomfort from skin rubbing. Since children aren't as broad or muscular their legs and arms/body would rub against each other less.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk