Author Topic: Yawnorama  (Read 2775 times)

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Yawnorama
« on: May 10, 2010, 08:53:04 pm »
Hey all,

Does anyone here get that yawning typical of hypoglycaemia after eating just a meal of meat/fat without any fruit/honey added? I always notice it and I wonder if it's normal, or not. If I eat a "dessert" of fruit/honey just afterwards, I notice less yawning. Surely this is a phenomenon for somebody else here, or maybe my blood sugar control still requires some healing (no mention of leptin sensitivity just yet).

If the protein is stimulating insulin release and there is no fructose to invoke glucagon release, the blood sugar drops - enough to cause yawning in my case. Other hormones then kick in to compensate, which constitutes a stressor.

My teeth are still actively cavitating in spite of a nutrient-dense meat+fat+organs+bone_meal diet, so I can imagine that blood sugar control (and endocrinological impact) is implicated.

I notice this same yawning after starchy fruits like bananas, although this doesn't happen with non-starcy glucose/fructose/sucrose fruits.

Can anyone relate to me here because every time I yawn, it's a reminder that something's very less-than-ideal? Furthermore, I don't understand how this can fit into the concept of a diet with or without direct carbohydrates.

Ahhhh (yawn)...

Very best,

Scotty
When hungry eat, when tired sleep - this is the essence of Zen...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Yawnorama
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 06:20:09 pm »
Missed this topic. I would think that yawning can't be too good a sign. In my own RZC phases, fatigue was 1 of my symptoms, so I would yawn a lot too.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Yawnorama
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 10:00:38 am »
I yawn... A LOT. I should get back on my raw diet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk