Author Topic: High Meat, weight gain?  (Read 6411 times)

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
High Meat, weight gain?
« on: May 12, 2010, 11:37:05 am »
AV states in his book that you should NOT eat high meat on a weight loss diet.  Any thoughts or ideas to why?  Could this be a good tool for putting on weight/mass?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: High Meat, weight gain?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 04:16:50 pm »
I doubt it. Perhaps he thinks that because high-meat digests even easier than raw fresh meats that the nutrients in it would be better absorbed and therefore there would be more weight-gain as a result.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 04:23:54 pm »
Fresh meat is better for 'building' (putting on weight), while high meat is better for 'cleansing/detoxing' (losing weight).

Eating high meat may cause a severe detox, and if this is combined with a weight loss diet, then you can end up losing too much weight.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 10:46:57 pm »
    Meat helps you gain muscle weight, so high-meats make those amino acids even more available to you.  My experience is the more available the amino acids, the more muscle I can gain.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 03:00:32 am »
I was thinking along the same lines as all of you... also considering that the added bacteria to your body would help absorb all the food you eat.  Making it hard to lose weight and easier to gain mass.

Offline tammy123

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • raw food diet
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 09:24:21 pm »
Hi,

Well, Meat is actually a good source of gaining weight and cholesterol and as far as other people concerns then cholesterol is not good for body and it simply makes you very obese and it is actually not even good for heart so, I thought that it should be avoided.

Thanks

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 10:12:29 pm »
i eat high meat regularly and haven't noticed weight gain or lose. but when i experiment high meat on my toddler, i see he passes more stools like diarrhea and becomes very gassy.
bugs or country chickens

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 12:27:16 am »
No no no no no :o. Cholesterol hypothesis is a myth. Cholesterol is not bad for you. Matter of fact, dietary cholesterol has no effect on your serum cholesterol levels. That means it is harmless. Fat in meat is not bad and will never give you unhealthy cholesterol levels esp if it is raw fat. This myth has been a hypothesis for 50+ years and been proven wrong time and time again. But it persists because big pharma makes money off of statins, or cholesterol lowering drugs. Truth is, studies and experiments show that no matter what your cholesterol level is, high or low, you still can get a heart attack/ heart disease. Also, high serum cholesterol levels does not correlate to heart disease at all, which means it is bogus. Low cholesterol is far worse a problem than high. People with too low cholesterol often cannot fight off infections, have weak immune systems, are often depressed (our brains are made of cholesterol), cant synthesize vitamin d on their skin, and cannot create hormones. That means if you have low cholesterol, you could have low testosterone/ estrogen as well, could be infertile, and not be able to "get it up". Dying hospital patients almost ALWAYS have low cholesterol, because low cholesterol is indicative of dying/ death. When will this myth DIE!!!!  >:
Look up Ancel Keys on the internet & you'll be shocked to find that the lipid hypothesis was simply made up. Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8SSCNaaDcE
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 04:37:03 pm »
Yeah Baby! Thanks Pioneer! Right on the money! That's what I'm talkin' about !

However,why do the Aboriginals in Australia have such a high rate of heart disease??
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 12:02:07 am »
No idea, never really looked into it. My assumption is that their old diets were perfect with good health as a result. As a result of modernization, sugar, vegetable oils and modern foods, their health declined drammatically. However, IDK why they're the worst.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk