Author Topic: Tendons?  (Read 12244 times)

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Tendons?
« on: May 20, 2010, 02:53:48 am »
I saw grass fed beef tendons today and I was wondering if anyone has experience with it? What's the taste like?

Also, it's really, really hard to get raw beef fats around here, let alone organs. I don't know much about meat prices too, just the usual $2.10/100g for brisket (grass fed). Most cuts of meat around here don't really have much fats either. I always ask for more and well, it baffles the guy over the counter (Brisket 4 days in a row? Boy do I like 'stew' a lot).

I've heard that too much protein isn't good? You know, the meat? How much am I supposed to take? Could I use tendons to replace fats/meat? Will tendons help me with gaining muscle? I take Muay Thai by the way.

Also(Sorry), i should only consume fertilized eggs right? Because if that's the case, I can't get any. Organic is a little hard to get.

I'm taking less sashimi now.. because it doesn't fill me up so I just take it as dessert if there is any. Oysters are like $2 each here.

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Tendons?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 04:11:27 am »
By the way, I forgot to mention that I was fined for being a public nuisance. I ate a steak raw while walking along a shopping district with my girlfriend.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:34:43 am »
By the way, I forgot to mention that I was fined for being a public nuisance. I ate a steak raw while walking along a shopping district with my girlfriend.
Wow...People are so ignorant. How is that a public nuisance?
I saw grass fed beef tendons today and I was wondering if anyone has experience with it? What's the taste like?

Also, it's really, really hard to get raw beef fats around here, let alone organs. I don't know much about meat prices too, just the usual $2.10/100g for brisket (grass fed). Most cuts of meat around here don't really have much fats either. I always ask for more and well, it baffles the guy over the counter (Brisket 4 days in a row? Boy do I like 'stew' a lot).

I've heard that too much protein isn't good? You know, the meat? How much am I supposed to take? Could I use tendons to replace fats/meat? Will tendons help me with gaining muscle? I take Muay Thai by the way.

Also(Sorry), i should only consume fertilized eggs right? Because if that's the case, I can't get any. Organic is a little hard to get.

I'm taking less sashimi now.. because it doesn't fill me up so I just take it as dessert if there is any. Oysters are like $2 each here.

I believe that tendons contain gelatin. Gelatin has many benefits, just google it.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 11:22:19 am »

wow, Singapore. don't get caned.

last spring, I ate a bunch of raw meat outside in NYC, sometimes even big bones and things. Was always a little self-conscious about it, if not paranoid. There are multiple things they can make up and pin on you if they choose, probably endangerment or bio-terrorism as well now, although its a mix -the results there because they are used to seeing crazy shit, but its also a very fascist town, ultimately.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 10:35:47 pm »
wow, Singapore. don't get caned.

ROFL

last spring, I ate a bunch of raw meat outside in NYC, sometimes even big bones and things. Was always a little self-conscious about it, if not paranoid. There are multiple things they can make up and pin on you if they choose, probably endangerment or bio-terrorism as well now, although its a mix -the results there because they are used to seeing crazy shit, but its also a very fascist town, ultimately.

I've eaten raw meat on the streets of San Jose (in Costa Rica) plenty of times, raw liver and raw chunks of meat. No one ever said anything, but I was feeling paranoid too.

One time I was eating some avocadoes in a McDonalds that was inside a Wal-Mart, and a guy came up to me and asked me if I wanted him to buy me a hamburger or something.  I think he thought I was poor.  I don't think he realized that avocadoes are more expensive that the McD's burgers.

Offline Savage

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 01:51:21 pm »

Real f**king stupid.

I ate some raw bacon today and someone saw me asked me if I was gonna cook that "Yeah I got a burner and pan in my pocket, I'm gonna puke it out, cook it and eat it again" just got a disgusting look and left lol....None of your business bitch, if I wanna cook my food, I'll cook it, if I wanna eat it raw, I will, mind your own business.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 04:41:34 pm »
Wow...People are so ignorant. How is that a public nuisance?
I believe that tendons contain gelatin. Gelatin has many benefits, just google it.

I thought gelatin was a product of cooking?

I've eaten raw meat on the streets of San Jose (in Costa Rica) plenty of times, raw liver and raw chunks of meat. No one ever said anything, but I was feeling paranoid too.

San Jose has good Judo I think.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 05:38:10 pm »
    You guys are funny.  Thanks. 

Maybe it's not gelatin yet at that point, but cooking it in water turns it into gelatin. 

I take a sharp knife, cut pieces, swallow it and it digests.  I had tendon problems for around two decades.  Since I've been eating this way my tendons are good.  I must be utilizing the nutrients.  I was waiting so long to heal.  Why didn't I think of eating tendons to make tendons?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 09:00:42 pm »
I think it's collagen, before it is cooked/boiled in water, and 'hydrolysed'..?

I've not eaten any of this food in public. I would if I felt like it, but I usually prefer to drag my kills to a safe location, where scavengers will not try to steal it from me and where I can relax and not have to move once my stomach is full, before I eat them. I'd not want to end up like this snake: http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/10/06/python.jpg
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 02:57:13 am »
I dont think you have to worry about too much protein as that is a made up myth. If the human body had trouble with a lot of protein, paleolithic people (not to mention today's tribes) would not be able to consume lbs of meat a day. We all know the media's sole purpose is to stimulate the economy and the US food pyramid is lobbied by the agricultural industry which pays the media to advertise their grains, either consciously or subconsciously. They don't call it the feedlot pyramid for nothing. It is humorously nicknamed the feedlot pyramid because it is the same way they feed cows to bulk them up. lmao when I heard that :D. Just make sure you try to get a lot more fat because gluconeogenesis can make you store fat through insulin. You can never get fat from eating fat.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline Arthas_

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 08:37:32 am »
You can never get fat from eating fat.

You might find helpfull reading other opinions on this. It's been largely discussed, and it seems quite possible that one can get fat if overeating.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 09:10:09 am »
I shouldnt of said never, however every g of ketone in urine is 4kcal. Therefore on a low carb/ fat utilizing diet, a common g of fat is not 9kcal anymore, it is 5. So on a low carbohydrate diet, the fat you eat is used primarily for fuel. You would have to eat thousands upon thousands of kcal to get fat from fat unless it is an adulterated man made fat like trans or vegetable oils (which I dont recommend). Which post discusses the assertion that you can/cant get fat eating fat? I'm very interested in this topic. thanks :P
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 10:49:25 pm »
So, tendons = thumbs up? :D
I eat quite a bit after Muay Thai because I skip breakfast and rush straight down to the Gym. So I was thinking since protein is good for muscle building..
I have yet to consume raw eggs though, all of them are unfertile. Organic is the best I can find.

Oh, what's this thing about 24 eggs a day to deactive Avidin?
Yeah, guy said I was trying to be funny.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 06:31:20 am »
I take a sharp knife, cut pieces, swallow it and it digests.

I think that eating tendon would be a good idea for me, and I found a good source for grass-fed beef tendons. I've eaten cooked tendon before in soup, and it was one of my favorite cooked foods, which reinforces my belief that tendon has something in it that is healthful for me.

BUT, I'm having a little trouble with the toughness, and I keep toying with the idea of cooking tendon and rationalizing that it's for medicinal purposes. The tendon itself has a chewy outer sheath and a central section that's as tough as steel cable. I've tried knife and scissors, but neither really make a difference. Before I get some cable cutters, I want to ask here: should I rationalize and cook the tendon and eat it the way I used to? Or find a way to cut it into swallowable chunks? I confess that my judgment is clouded by my love of cooked tendon. Everything else I eat is raw.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 06:45:38 am »
I tear raw tendons between my hands and teeth, they taste nice.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 07:29:20 am »
If the tendons are too hard to cut, maybe soak them in warm water?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk