Author Topic: Brand new to Paleo .. can someone give the 2-minute ez run thru?  (Read 3509 times)

Offline scarlettbama

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hi all!

Am already on gluten-free and know all about Jordan Rubin's program.  What's confusing me here is the Phase 1, or what I call ... "Bootcamp".

*** What's in, what's out.

Am verrrry compliant, as long as I know the RULES.

I swear I cannot afford yet another book.

Would appreciate just-the-facts on the BOOTCAMP part.  Only have 20 to lose;  25-30 preferred.

Sooooooo much appreciated.  No major recipes needed, just the basics.

Thanks, one-and-all.  Everyone have a great day!

8) in Alabama ;O)

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Brand new to Paleo .. can someone give the 2-minute ez run thru?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 08:49:18 am »
Judging by your first post I'd wager you're under the impression that we're a cooked paleo site. We like our foods raw here, especially the meat. So long as that doesn't scare you off you're bound to find a path to a truly healthy way of life here on this forum. ;)

There are no set rules here and there are no books that you have to follow. Most of us have found ourselves here on the raw path in pursuit of health but it will definitely facilitate the body losing weight as well if that's what you're looking for.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 10:33:54 am »
food mostly raw

no grains, no dairy, no processed foods like white sugar

moderate to high fat from saturated animal fats from grass fed animals instead of plant oils

lean meats and organs also from grass fed animals

fruit/honey/vegetables as carb sources, should probably be kept to a minimum, some followers go without carbs completely

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 01:59:26 pm »
Sashimi fish / sea food is great starting point if this is culturally acceptable for you.  It was the easiest way for me.  During my SAD days I ate sashimi at restaurants with gusto.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 08:43:28 pm »
Different dietary approaches here.

Some like fatty meats, some like it lean. Some like dairy, some don't. Some eat fruits &/or veggies, others are zero carb. Some eat no grains, others indulge on non-gluten bearing grains that can be sprouted or eaten raw.

The one thing we all have in common is that we prefer the majority of our foods raw. So while we'll mostly recommend raw foods, a good rule of thumb (whether you intend to cook your food or not) is that if you can't eat it raw, don't eat it at all.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 12:57:52 am »
    How are you doing?  Have you gotten a chance to look around the forum much?  Is your approach starting to fit into any of the categories (raw weston price, instincto etc)?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline scarlettbama

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 01:36:37 am »
    How are you doing?  Have you gotten a chance to look around the forum much?  Is your approach starting to fit into any of the categories (raw weston price, instincto etc)?

This place is bountiful with info.  WOW!  Had no ideas there were so many Paleo versions.  Figuring that out now.  Am probably eating too much fruit, but Paleo Book says we can have "all the fruits + non-starchy vegetables you want. 

Appreciate the resource.  Amazing how much better REAL food tastes once you stop eating the the processed crapola.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk