Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3407 times)

Offline Dan

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Hi
« on: August 02, 2008, 08:27:08 pm »
I'm not really sure where to start with this, but I've been eating a paleo-ish diet for a few months, and when I don't get weak and have a coke, or chips, I feel pretty good.  My health issues (not much really) generally seem better when I'm not eating grain or sugar.  I figured I'd try to see if raw meat worked better (based on what I've read, it makes sense), and I was hoping to get some ideas on here. 
I've been going about this gradually for a few weeks.  How long does it usually take for raw meat to taste good?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 09:41:26 pm »
It all depends on the individual. In my own case, pre-rawpalaeo diet I used to suffer from extremely painful stomach-aches from eating any cooked animal food, so it was easier for me than others to get used to the diet. I almost instantly got used to eating many types of raw fish/raw shellfish, and found the taste of raw, minced steak rather bland, but not off-putting. Some raw organ-meats took  longer for me to get used to - others use things like blenders/vitamixes early on in the diet in order to get used to the taste, but I never bothered with that as I liked the idea that one could save so much time otherwise spent on cooking or having someone else cook something for you). My solution with raw liver was to bolt down  very small slivers of it, without chewing, followed quickly by a gulp of alkaline mineral-water - after a while, I didn't feel the need, any more. Other raw organ-meats like raw tongue were pretty easy to get used to(though for the first 2 years, I would cut out the darker, stringier parts on the underside of the tongue, as I didn't like it as much as the pinker, lighter-coloured part of the tongue).

I would say that, on average, people can take 8 to 12 months, according to reports, to get fully used to and enjoy the taste of raw meats. This is assuming the following things:- eating mostly 100% organic, grassfed or wildcaught meats, eating mostly(85%+?) raw food, and always going in for lots of variety(this is important as everyone has uniquely different tastes, and finds some raw animal foods much easier to get used to than others etc.) And the more cooked-food one eats, of course, the more difficult it is to for beginners get used to sticking with  raw, due to the addictive opioids in cooked foods etc.

*Please read the info-thread in the general diet section of this board for the easiest way to get used to going rawpalaeo*:-

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/general-discussion/sticky-advice-for-newbies-wishing-to-slowly-ease-into-a-raw-animal-food-diet/msg110/#msg110
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 09:49:49 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Hi
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 10:45:25 pm »
I try to make sure all food we eat are organic / wild. Meaning, expensive.  But at least we don't get sick anymore.

Young children 7, 4 and 3 did not need any adjusting.
They do not have the mental conditioning to say yuck to raw meat.
They eat raw meat when daddy is around.

raw Fish, I always did eat raw fish, no adjustments there.
raw Egg yolks, I transitioned one month on rice.
raw beef, I transitioned 1 month from searing to preferring none.
raw goat liver, 2 months searing to preferring none.
raw chicken, yes, I eat a small piece every now and then.
raw pork... organic is expensive... tastes bland.

Just like any food, some taste better than others.  A fresher, healthier animal seems to taste better.  What I did learn is if I'm not eating an animal raw, then cooking does not make that animal any more nutritious.

The first times my kids and I ate raw beef, some of the time, the taste sucked bad.  We learned that the grass fed ones, the ones with the deeper yellow fat, tasted great.  Some raw fish taste better than others.  Experiment and see what you like.

Your food and my food would be different as I live in a different country.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 10:47:25 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk