Author Topic: Chronic Kidney disease  (Read 20297 times)

Offline sungazer63

• Forager
    • View Profile
Chronic Kidney disease
« on: June 04, 2010, 08:30:45 am »
I have chronic kidney disease and some of my symptoms are restless legs syndrome, burning feet, itching sometimes, and edema.  I  began the primal diet 10 months ago, and have had remarkable results but, a this particular problem is increasing in some ways.  The only cooked food I ever ever eat is some cooked white starch- just as Aajonus recommends.  I am eating a good varied diet with plenty of raw meat, raw eggs, raw milk, raw vegie juice, small amounts of fruit with raw fat.  I never never eat salt or spices. 

NOTE:  I just recently added the raw milk to my diet as I was unable to get it where i lived before, and since adding the milk, my nerves feel much better, but the edema, and restless legs have skyrocketed.

Thanks in advance,

Rayne
I am an artist and a dreamer, dreaming my life into being.

alphagruis

Re: Chronic Kidney disease
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 03:03:10 pm »
A possible culprit might be mercury poisoning.

Any amalgam fillings in your teeth?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 04:30:13 pm »
Get rid of the raw dairy. Raw dairy contains addictive opioids in it which can temporarily make you feel good by drugging the brain. but it's extremely unhealthy in other ways. Use "high-meat" instead for curing nerves.

And AV doesn't recommend cooked starch any more, judging from more recent reports.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 05:26:52 pm »
Add root canals to the mix.
All root canaled teeth need to be pulled out.
See a biological dentist.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline sungazer63

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 11:48:05 pm »
Hi everyone, thanks for your responses.  I don't have any fillings and have never had a root canal.  I have always avoided dentists, and luckily I have great teeth.  However, the mercury poisoning is a possibility.  The reason I started this diet in the first place was because I was nearly dying from symptoms that screamed heavy metal poisoning.  I just don't know where I could have gotten it but, I guess that doesn't matter.

I love the milk, and hate to give it up but, will consider it if the symptoms don't get better.  The raw milk shakes, along with the small amount of fruit are the only enjoyable foods I have with this diet.  I also enjoy the little bit of cooked starch, and now Aajonus has taken that away??????  Does anyone know why?

What foods can I eat more of that will help my kidneys?

Thanks in advance, Rayne

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 06:31:28 am »
FLOURIDE - DISTILLED WATER

Do not use fluoridated toothpaste.
Try oil pulling instead.

Check your municipal water. (most US cities proudly poison their own water with fluoride)
You may be experiencing fluoride poisoning by drinking municipal water.
Get yourself a home distiller and home distill your own water.

Before drinking the distilled water, squeeze a lemon or an orange and wait for 2 minutes before drinking it.  To give it organic minerals so it will not leech your body of nutrients.

This is not the time to go about drinking "mineral" or "spring water", your kidneys are not up to the task at present to filter out the inorganic minerals in such waters.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 05:27:46 pm »
Hi everyone, thanks for your responses.  I don't have any fillings and have never had a root canal.  I have always avoided dentists, and luckily I have great teeth.  However, the mercury poisoning is a possibility.  The reason I started this diet in the first place was because I was nearly dying from symptoms that screamed heavy metal poisoning.  I just don't know where I could have gotten it but, I guess that doesn't matter.

I love the milk, and hate to give it up but, will consider it if the symptoms don't get better.  The raw milk shakes, along with the small amount of fruit are the only enjoyable foods I have with this diet.  I also enjoy the little bit of cooked starch, and now Aajonus has taken that away??????  Does anyone know why?

What foods can I eat more of that will help my kidneys?

Thanks in advance, Rayne
  Aajonus only recommended the cooked starch in the beginning as a way to slow down detoxes, but changed his mind and realised that raw was always better.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PrimalLadyRosy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Primal Diet Friends
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 05:38:11 pm »
Many use highmeat, successfully might I add, to heal kidneys from failure.  Do you think you should get a consult?
I am the creator of the primal diet friends social networking site, thanks to Jim and Barbara Ellingson's suggestion.

alphagruis

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 07:58:25 pm »
What is your creatinin clearance?

Even if heavy metal poisoning is involved, just stick to RPD will certainly improve your condition and is the best cure I know of, but you must be aware that it is a slow process that takes many years.

To accelerate the healing use of a chelator such as DMSA (in case of lead and mercury) or EDTA (lead) or DMPS (mercury) might be of great help.

I had myself similar ailments 10 years ago and my renal function has recovered considerably after 11 years on RPD. My creatinin clearance steadily increased and is now back in normal range. It is interesting to note in this respect that in "normal" people on SAD creatinin clearance is always observed to diminish progressively but inexorably as time goes by. 

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 11:28:24 pm »
I agree with GS but oil pulling takes quite a bit of time everyday so if you want to you can use flouride free toothpastes or something like tooth soap.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline sherloklewis

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 12:56:39 pm »
Spam message deleted
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:51:14 pm by TylerDurden »
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.

alphagruis

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 02:44:25 pm »
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is the permanent loss of kidney function. CKD may be the result of physical injury or a disease that damages the kidneys, such as diabetes or high blood pressure. When the kidneys are damaged, they do not remove wastes and extra water from the blood as well as they should. If you have high blood pressure, it is important to lower your blood pressure. Medicines called ACE inhibitors and angiotensin-II receptor blockers can be helpful. These medicines lower blood pressure and may help keep your kidney disease from getting worse. Exercise and a healthy diet can also help to lower your blood pressure. Having diabetes increases your risk of developing CKD. In fact, diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure. High blood pressure is the second leading cause. CKD runs in families, so you may have an increased risk if your mother, father, sister, or brother has kidney failure. Some racial groups are also at increased risk for CKD.

In this forum we do not need you or anyone else to recall us the standard mainstream medical stance. A good deal of it is pure bullshit.

MD include for instance cooked whole grains or legumes in their ridiculous so-called "healthy diet". And diabetes or high blood pressure are not the real causes of CKD. What we need to know is the causes of diabetes, high blood pressure, CKD and many other ailments or symptoms that accompany each other in the disastrous condition of civilized man.

And this is usually precisely the so-called "healthy diet" promoted by mainstream medical bullshit stance.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 03:05:45 pm »
MD include for instance cooked whole grains or legumes in their ridiculous so-called "healthy diet". And diabetes or high blood pressure are not the real causes of CKD. What we need to know is the causes of diabetes, high blood pressure, CKD and many other ailments or symptoms that accompany each other in the disastrous condition of civilized man.

And this is usually precisely the so-called "healthy diet" promoted by mainstream medical bullshit stance.

Sherlock Holmes above, only has copied papers from mainstream medical textbooks, as you see.  He's maybe a medical doctor in where does he say he's from?  Andorra?  I read through ever post he's made on this forum.  Not one of them is paleo or raw.  He has probably never even tasted paleo foods, if he's a person.  I suspect he is a robot.  I dare him to reply.  My family has had serious kidney problems.  Whole grains DO NOT help, no matter what Sherlock says.  Fermented raw meat does help recovery from this.  Even raw fermented butter (from grass grazed cows) is a thousand times better than whole grain.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 06:30:54 pm »
Sherloklewis has been removed as he's obviously not rawpaleo and most likely a bot.
" Ron Paul.

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 08:17:14 pm »
I also enjoy the little bit of cooked starch, and now Aajonus has taken that away??????  Does anyone know why?

He STILL does recommend starch. Like a quarter of cup of cooked rice. But only when NUT formula fails to produce the desirable detoxing/stabilizing effect.
It’s time to Eat Like An Animal!

Offline sungazer63

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 02:22:38 am »
FLOURIDE - DISTILLED WATER

Do not use fluoridated toothpaste.
Try oil pulling instead.

Check your municipal water. (most US cities proudly poison their own water with fluoride)
You may be experiencing fluoride poisoning by drinking municipal water.
Get yourself a home distiller and home distill your own water.

Before drinking the distilled water, squeeze a lemon or an orange and wait for 2 minutes before drinking it.  To give it organic minerals so it will not leech your body of nutrients.

This is not the time to go about drinking "mineral" or "spring water", your kidneys are not up to the task at present to filter out the inorganic minerals in such waters.

Hi, I am living off grid in a remote Arizona location and I am collecting rainwater from a potable roof for bathing and washing.  I buy my drinking water from a reverse osmosis machine in the nearest town.  I rarely drink it though and if I do drink anything, it's usually good mineral water like A.V. recommends.  Do you think that the mineral water could be a problem?

Also, I have cut way back on the diary.  After realizing that I was way over exceeding A.V's recommended amounts of only 8 oz per day unless lots of exercise.  I love it so much that I was guzzling about a quart per day and eating way less meat.   I have also cut my cooked starch in half and will try to slowly eliminate it.  

And, I would like to agree with the removal of Mr. American Medical Assoc., ha ha I sure didn't listen to him.  I know that if I had listened to people like him I would have already died many times, lol.

Thanks everyone for your posts, I am feeling a lot better already.  I have had the kidney problem for years but it didn't give me much trouble until I moved out here to the high desert and I began lots of exercise and added raw milk.  I think the exercise must have released some stored toxins and could be contributing as well.

Love and Light, Rayne

P.S.   I do use a fluoride free toothpaste and, i will give the high meat a try.  I have avoided it until now because before going on the Primal diet I was very allergic to yeast, and molds.  Anything fermented made me very sick and I have been terrified to try it.  I would be curious if anyone who is allergic to yeast can eat high meat.  I know that the bacteria is probably different but my allergic reactions have been very severe (shock) in the past and being in such a remote location makes trying new things a bit scary.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 02:29:38 am by sungazer63 »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 02:44:33 am »
Unnatural cravings for the very food one is allergic to are extremely common for those with allergies. I had the same issue at the start of going RVAF - I developed humungous addictive cravings for raw dairy and found the raw meat to taste less good than they did before so that I ended up on a 90%-raw dairy diet, and suffered accordingly. I strongly advise you to ditch the raw dairy completely.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sungazer63

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 02:58:10 am »
Unnatural cravings for the very food one is allergic to are extremely common for those with allergies. I had the same issue at the start of going RVAF - I developed humungous addictive cravings for raw dairy and found the raw meat to taste less good than they did before so that I ended up on a 90%-raw dairy diet, and suffered accordingly. I strongly advise you to ditch the raw dairy completely.

Thank you, I fear you may be right.  There is one reason that I would like to have some dairy, somehow, and it is because ever since adding the raw milk the dark shadows under my eyes (indicative of a deficiency) have completely disappeared and my complexion has improved.  What do you think of raw kefir from goat?

Love and Light, Rayne

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 03:21:24 am »
If a person has any kind of food-intolerance towards raw dairy of any kind, then it makes sense to avoid all raw dairy no matter from what animal. Sure, goat has less lactose etc. but there is a strong likelihood you would get a reaction therefrom as well. Even worse, is a possibility that you don't notice any actual immediately nasty effects but that , over time, the minor allergenic aspects of that food either slow down or completely nullify the healing-process without causing any noticeably overt side-effects.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 05:45:59 am »
Hi Rayne,

what was you eating before you started with raw milk?

Why do you got these shadows under your eyes at first?

Maybe it was not the milk that helped only, maybe the raw meat/organs did too?

Inger

Offline sungazer63

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 03:21:41 am »
Hi Rayne,

what was you eating before you started with raw milk?

Why do you got these shadows under your eyes at first?

Maybe it was not the milk that helped only, maybe the raw meat/organs did too?

Inger

Hi Inger,

Before the raw milk, I was having only raw lamb, eggs, vegie juices with mostly celery, a small amount of fruit, and small amounts of homemade bread with only water and unbleached refined white flour (organic, unbromated). 

I have also recently substituted the lamb for beef, for cost reasons.  In addition, since moving from Ohio to Arizona, I am getting lots of sunshine/vitamin d and am doing quite a bit of sungazing, if you are familiar with that.

So, could it be the change to beef and sunshine that got rid of the dark shadows?  I have had them for quite a few years, especially the past 5.  I had always been pretty healthy until I reached 35, and at that point I started getting terrible three day long headaches, pms, weight loss, dark circles, restless legs syndrome, nerve pain and heat in the back of my head-down my neck and across my shoulders, bleeding gums, constipation alternating with diarrhea, I went into shock twice, and I also started getting red dots appearing on my lower arms when the bad headaches would come.  I have heard that they are signs of low platelet count.  I also got to the point to where I could not eat anything without getting a headache. I had some food allergy- ALCAT- tests done, and found out that i have reactions to almost every food.  I ended up being only able to eat brown rice and quinoa.  Eventually even that caused my weight loss and headaches.  That was when we found the primal diet and Aajonus's books. 

So, now I think I am going to live but I am now struggling with trying to lose about ten pounds too many that I have gained, the kidney flare ups from the milk (have been off the milk two days now, and am pretty sure that's what was causing it), and I had one bad headache last week that hit with the kidney stuff, also got the red dots, but other than that most of the old symptoms are all gone.  That headache was the only one in over 2 months, and I used to get a few per month.  The restless legs come and go.

By the way Inger, you look great, so you must be doing something right :)

Love and Light, Rayne

Offline Angeline

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2010, 08:02:41 am »
I have no experience with kidney disease, but do have experience with liver problems (Test results showed high liver function which an M.D. explained to me as liver cells were dying at a faster rate than my body was replacing them. I have no idea if that was an accurate explanation.) I had read and heard from many naturopathic type doctors that eating an organ provides specific nutrients needed by that organ. In other words, if you have liver disease, eat liver. If you have kidney disease, eat kidney. I did eat lots of raw grassfed beef liver, and immediately many of my health issues started to improve, little by little. The quality of the liver is key. I started eating liver I had shipped from a rancher in South Dakota who's steer eat nothing but native grasses and he puts up his own grasses for winter feeding. The liver looked so healthy and rich and from the first time I ate it I could feel a slight positive shift in my body. I had about 8 lbs of it and I kept eating it several times a week until it was gone. Amazing improvements in some health issues. Then I ran out and bought some from another supplier of "grassfed" beef. It was much more pale, didn't taste the same, and didn't give me the same results. The cost was less, but it wasn't worth it. Maybe some top quality kidney could help your kidney to heal.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 08:13:47 am »
Does anyone here eat kidneys? Do you like the taste?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Angeline

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 12:03:26 pm »
I have eaten raw kidneys. They have a bit of a smokey flavor. Actually though, I drink the raw kidneys, and the raw liver, the raw fish, the raw meat, and the raw eggs. Eating raw, highest quality fish and animal products has improved my health dramatically, completely eliminating some issues I've had for decades, so I know they are good for my body. But I could not possibly chew and swallow any of them. I'm aware of the idea that the body will tell us what it needs and that foods that are good for us will taste good. Well, all raw animal products taste bad to me. Repulsive. (Except milk products.) My solution: Put them in the Vitamix with water and the juice of a lemon. (I can't get the "shake" down if it's too thick, so I need to add enough water to make it easily drinkable.) I blend minimally, just long enough to get it to a drinkable state. I hold my nose with one hand and the glass with the other. I drink quickly. When it's down, still holding my nose, I rinse my mouth with water. Then I pop a slice of lemon in my mouth and chew. Only then do I let go of my nose. It's fast, it's easy, and it works for me. I thought I might not receive the health benefits if I blended the food up in a powerful blender, but that has not been the case. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 12:05:11 pm »
Does anyone here eat kidneys? Do you like the taste?

I used to eat raw goat kidneys quite often.  They taste pretty good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk