Author Topic: RZC Athletes that train 3+ times a week  (Read 58477 times)

Offline Savage

• Trapper
    • View Profile
RZC Athletes that train 3+ times a week
« on: June 04, 2010, 05:03:11 pm »
If you meet these 3:

1-You eat Raw Zero Carb

2-You train more than 3 times a week

3-You are a well rounded Athlete

What I want is to identify who does meet those and create a thread/social group here so we can discuss our training, come up with workouts/challenges, post our times against each other, etc......

On most BBing/Athletic sites, no one is into raw or this philosophy so to speak, over at raw sites no one is into extreme training, I know it'll be better if we had a place to further our training and discuss any related issue.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: RZC Athletes that train 3+ times a week
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 06:28:46 pm »
rzc isn't ideal for athletes so i doubt you'll find anyone
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 07:32:53 pm »
rzc isn't ideal for athletes so i doubt you'll find anyone
You certainly have a chip on your shoulder against RZC huh? :)

Savage: I eat RZC, run/bike every day, and would consider myself a well-rounded athlete. I do bodyweight exercises here or there but have not delved deeply into frequent heavy weights.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 07:36:48 pm »
There is actually a small subset of bodybuilders interested in raw diets. They were in far bigger numbers in pre-steroid days but there are still serious people like Randy Roach who do bodybuilding and raw foods.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 09:29:37 pm »
I eat RZC and train Judo 8 sessions/week, all on the mat, and all eve sessions have full sparring components whilst the wed is only sparring.

monday eve 1hr15, tues morn1hr30, tues eve1hr15, wed morn1hr30, wed eve1hr30, thurs morn1hr30, thurs eve1hr30, fri eve1hr15, [then sat rest, sunday for competitions]. Also walk about 30mins each way for my food each day.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:34:47 pm by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 09:55:07 pm »

Savage: I eat RZC, run/bike every day, and would consider myself a well-rounded athlete. I do bodyweight exercises here or there but have not delved deeply into frequent heavy weights.

It may sound like it, but I don't.. All I know is that it didn't work very well for me. I respect it working for others. I do how ever know that optimal muscle growth and muscle recovery needs carbs. You'll never reach your maximum potential with out eating carbs.

RZC provided with me great physical energy and I think that if I were to run a marathon or do something low intensity for a very long time I'd choose RZC as my energy source. But for short term high intensity workouts and muscle recovery I'll choose carbs any day of the week.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Savage

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 03:15:49 am »

Thanks, marked down.

I eat RZC and train Judo 8 sessions/week, all on the mat, and all eve sessions have full sparring components whilst the wed is only sparring.

monday eve 1hr15, tues morn1hr30, tues eve1hr15, wed morn1hr30, wed eve1hr30, thurs morn1hr30, thurs eve1hr30, fri eve1hr15, [then sat rest, sunday for competitions]. Also walk about 30mins each way for my food each day.

Thanks, marked down.

Give it a few more days, and we'll see how many we get, then we'll start.

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 12:04:54 pm »
I've been bodybuilding for 5 years however still consider myself a novice.  Would still like to contribute though I do not follow Zero Carb

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 09:03:15 am »
I'm in!

I am raw ZC. I do weight-training 3 x a week for an hour each session, followed by cardio intervals. I also power-walk and hike 2-3 times a week, and do bodyweight and ab exercises.

Offline Savage

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 02:50:06 pm »
I'm in!

I am raw ZC. I do weight-training 3 x a week for an hour each session, followed by cardio intervals. I also power-walk and hike 2-3 times a week, and do bodyweight and ab exercises.

Thanks, marked down.

I've been bodybuilding for 5 years however still consider myself a novice.  Would still like to contribute though I do not follow Zero Carb

If you're willing to switch to ZC and do things other than just bodybuilding and you're well rounded fitness wise, yes.

Give it a shot, you have nothing to lose.

So far we have:

-Savage

-djr_81

-miles

-klowcarb

(Possibly sven)

4-5 people, not bad, I'm just figuring out a couple of things and I'll post the thread in the next few days.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 09:34:14 pm »
FTH: I guess I cannot possibly be a RZC athlete. Funny. I just came back from my every 8 week skinfold/caliper analysis. I am 103lbs. and 13.3% bodyfat, with 87% LBM. I eat zero carbs, weight lift regularly and do fasted hiking and cardio. I guess I should be gasping for breath because I'm not eating fruits and vegetables, but, amazingly, I have tons of energy for lifting, eat more calories than I want to in order to keep my strength up and can wear a bikini year round. I have no cravings. What a horrible life!  l)

Going to the gym now fueled on 1/2 lb. 80/20 ground beef, raw (oh, no, no carbs!). Back / bicep day is on.  :D

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 12:51:02 am »
Hell why not I'm on summer break I'll give it a shot.  Give me a week to adapt to RZC and I'll be back to let you guys know if I decide to stick to it...

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 06:11:09 am »
My boyfriend and I love lifting and we post our workouts as our statuses on Facebook. For purposes of this thread, here are some from the past week or so:

Today:

Supersets of incline dumbbell bench with bicep curls; flat bench dumbbell press and incline dumbbell press; and wide-grip lateral pulldown with V-bar pulldowns. Started and ended with pull-up power! Finished with 15 minutes Stair-Stepper. Today was back/bicep day.

Thursday:

Shoulder/tricep day: weighted dips (with 10-12# dumbbells)/Arnold shoulder presses/progressive set overhead tricep extensions/barbell front raises/barbell bent over rows/side lateral raises/lateral pull downs/Iso-Row with 35...# plates). Always finish with 15 minutes StairStepper.

Tuesday:

V-bar pulldowns, Lateral pulldowns, Arnold incline chest press, bench press, dumbbell bicep curls and finishing with StairMaster intervals. Started my set with some pull-ups.

Monday:

Fasted 1-2 hour hike.

Back/bicep day.

Offline Savage

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 04:51:55 pm »
My boyfriend and I love lifting and we post our workouts as our statuses on Facebook. For purposes of this thread, here are some from the past week or so:

Today:

Supersets of incline dumbbell bench with bicep curls; flat bench dumbbell press and incline dumbbell press; and wide-grip lateral pulldown with V-bar pulldowns. Started and ended with pull-up power! Finished with 15 minutes Stair-Stepper. Today was back/bicep day.

Thursday:

Shoulder/tricep day: weighted dips (with 10-12# dumbbells)/Arnold shoulder presses/progressive set overhead tricep extensions/barbell front raises/barbell bent over rows/side lateral raises/lateral pull downs/Iso-Row with 35...# plates). Always finish with 15 minutes StairStepper.

Tuesday:

V-bar pulldowns, Lateral pulldowns, Arnold incline chest press, bench press, dumbbell bicep curls and finishing with StairMaster intervals. Started my set with some pull-ups.

Monday:

Fasted 1-2 hour hike.

Back/bicep day.

Not bad, although too much machine exercises for me, how much weight are you pushing/reps on pullups/dips/etc...?

This is what I usually do, 2 times a week, 3 hour sessions and then one more session without the weights but more (600-1050 reps) on the calisthenics just switched from training everyday.

15 mins ago:

Bench Press (Flat 3/Incline 2) 275lbs X 1-2 X 5

Squat 365lbs X 2 X 5

Weighted Pullups/Chinups 100lbs X 1 X 5

Clean & Jerk 177lbs X 1 X 5

Total sets: 20 , Total time: 120mins, Rest: 4.5 mins, Reps: 1-2, Tempo Up/down: Fast as possible

I put the timer on, I was done exactly at 2:00 hrs, I rested till 2:06 and I started this:

1-Pushups X 10

2-Squat X 10

3-Situps X 10

4-Pullups X 10

5-Front&Side Kick X 10

6-Planche Pushups X 10

7-Lunges X 10

8-Leg raises (from dip bar) X 10

9-Pullup Muscle ups X 10

10-Vertical Jump X 10

11-Dips X 10

12-Step up X 10

13-Back Extenstion X 10

14-Handstand pushup X 10

15-Chinups X 10

Total sets= 15, total reps= 150, repeated this cycle 3 times, so:

Total sets=45, Total reps=450, Total time : 30 minutes exactly , Reps per Min 15: , rest between exercises: NONE, rest between cycles: 1 minute to re-hydrate

It was 2:37 on the timer now and I just couldn't do anymore bodyweight exercises, so I started shadow boxing/kicking, I was going pretty fast resting about every 3 minutes.....it was hard to keep track of time it's 81F degrees outside for almost 3 hours..feeling tired.....the last minute, just lifting my arm or even moving felt like I was pushing a truck 3:03....3 hours..........I know I'm gonna sleep good tonight!

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 10:17:18 am »
Oh, god, Savage--I don't use MACHINES. Ew! I use free weights and barbells. The dip "machine" is just a place to dip. I do bodyweight plus 12lbs.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 10:26:37 am »
Oh, god, Savage--I don't use MACHINES. Ew! I use free weights and barbells. The dip "machine" is just a place to dip. I do bodyweight plus 12lbs.

I don't want to seem critical, but what about the pull downs and stair master? personally I think some equipment - like rowing - can be good, its more an issue of isolating movements with many types. In the past I've liked those dip machines (assists) for doing sets after 'failure' for dips or pullups.

Offline Nicole_German

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 02:47:54 pm »
Hey I'm in
I am eating rzc and consider myself a well rounded athelete. I am running ultras. Run 6-7 days a week. Do some strength for core and arms as well, but not comparable with body bulding style like Katelyn does. I use my own body weight. What I can say is that ZC has definetely improved my ability to run fast. My recovery is also way better. I experienced a shift in becoming tired or exhausted during a run - I gradually become tired and don't have big drops in energy anymore. I never hit the wall anymore so to say. Besides I can run way longer without feeling the need for food. And: I can fast for a very long time after a run now, sometimes I don't eat at all until night after my morning run.
Nicole

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 08:47:47 pm »
I don't want to seem critical, but what about the pull downs and stair master? personally I think some equipment - like rowing - can be good, its more an issue of isolating movements with many types. In the past I've liked those dip machines (assists) for doing sets after 'failure' for dips or pullups.

I use a lot of cables, but do not consider those machines. By "machines" I mean those awful Nautilus or other brand that does not allow any movement. Cables are attached to a machine, but you have free range of movement like free weights and dumbbells. I was just talking weights here, not cardio, which needs a machine.

I think traditional machines are awful! If I were a newbie again I would go right to free weights and cables. Machines do not let you accurately gauge your strength and artificially restrict movement. I wish they would all disappear. Of course, I go in and work the weights and and cables and just ignore all the machines, glad those awful contraptions and the stupid aerobic classes suck up some people so they get out of my way when I'm training. My body is my hobby and I don't like to step over people to get my training in.  ;)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 10:02:45 pm »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 05:43:16 am »
eh?

If you are at the gym it does.  :)  I do powerwalking and hiking outdoors. I am not a runner.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 06:23:50 am »
Well yeah, running with shoes does suck =)

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 07:35:16 am »
If you are at the gym it does.  :)  I do powerwalking and hiking outdoors. I am not a runner.
Machines do not let you accurately gauge your strength and artificially restrict movement.
I stopped using treadmills because of the same reason you disdain machines for other exercise.
Other than the lack of fresh air and sun they also have severe limits on the quickness of speed increase/decrease which can be annoying or dangerous depending on which way you need to go. I got such increase to my running times, endurance, etc. when I moved outside; I'll never go back to a machine.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Nicole_German

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2010, 03:40:42 pm »
I never used a treadmill...I started running outdoors - and yes shoes do suck! I run barefoot, in autumn or in certain areas (I have the privilege to live in the woods  ;D) where there is too much acorns and such on the ways or I want to run off the trails I use FF's. I have never been to a gym once in my life. The thought of being indoors using some equipment reminds me too much of sports classes in school...boring. Rather outside, fresh air, jumping over trees that are lying in the way, climbing up one every once in a while, swimming in a lake and running back home. That's fun!

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2010, 08:17:39 pm »
Sounds awesome.

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 03:03:15 am »
Not gonna be able to do RZC, good luck to you guys.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk