Author Topic: Share your cost saving tips regarding FOOD  (Read 5763 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Share your cost saving tips regarding FOOD
« on: May 06, 2008, 09:26:23 pm »
Somehow, some way we all may finally stumble on the optimum nutrition for our bodies.
The problem it seems is that the ideal diet seems to be very expensive.
In my case, raw organic / wild / tree ripened fruits and raw organic / fresh cuts of of raw animal foods, including fertilized chicken eggs would be great, but I've been noticing the expense is quite enormous.

I hope this thread becomes a depository of cost saving tips and techniques.  Share the wealth.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Share your cost saving tips regarding FOOD
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 09:51:10 pm »
There are several different ways to cut costs:-

1)  If one  has any raw-foodists nearby, one can bulk-buy foods like meats sharing the costs between people, thus cutting down on delivery-costs.

2) Practice Intermittent Fasting. When eating raw, one doesn't necessarily need to eat as  much as on a cooked-diet, so eating only one meal a day or doing alternate-day fasting  makes a difference.

3)  Buy only from small farms as they won't charge extra retail-costs like butcher's  etc.  do. Often the "organic" labele doesn't   necessarily mean much. I've  encountered small-time farmers who weren't  necessarily "organic" by category   but who didn't feed their animals with hormones/antibiotics etc.(because they couldn't afford them), and fed their animalson 100% pastured diets,and the meats/eggs etc. of some of those farmers was actually much better in quality(and cheapness of price)than the big organic-status agricombines - the latter often try to loosen the organic-category regulations out of a desire for profit,and get away with all sorts of other dubious practices.

4)   Eat low-carb - I would spend far more on rawfood if I included too much plant-food in the diet.Raw plant-food seems to increase the appetite.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Craig

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 10:45:51 pm »
Adding more organ meats can cut costs and you'll need less organic fruit because they contain all the nutrients you need. At least in this country, liver is the only organ meat for which there is any demand and even that is cheap.

Craig

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 01:47:25 pm »
I've found that one of the benefits of this way of eating is its low cost.  My total cost for food is about $7-$8 USD per day - which is less than $250 per month.  That's less than most people spend on lunch at a fast food restaurant.  Of course it can get very expensive very quickly if I eat out.

xylothrill

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 02:03:22 pm »
Of course it can get very expensive very quickly if I eat out.

I hear you there! And for low-quality food at that except for maybe some sushi.

Craig

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 12:50:27 pm »
Just got my June food supply from Slankers.  32 lbs of Course Chili Beef, 24 lbs of Dog & Cat food, and 4 lbs suet.  Total cost including shipping was $247.

Lex

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk