Author Topic: Relationship between male hair loss and diet?  (Read 12771 times)

Offline Odin

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Relationship between male hair loss and diet?
« on: June 08, 2010, 04:35:02 am »
What do you make of this?
"It was noted that the incidence on MPB (male pattern baldness) in urban Japan was 4 times higher that that of rural Japan. The author, Dr. Inabi, hypothesized that diet played a major role. In urban Japan, the city dweller have essentially gone to a western diet, meaning more meat, dairy products, and fast foods, not to mention the stress. In rural Japan, he studied that they eat a traditional macrobiotic diet consisting mainly of fish, grains and vegetables, high in 3 and 6 fatty acids."

http://www.hairloss-research.org/ChineseMedicinal.html

"One study suggests that both heavy exercise and increased fat intake, in combination, are required for increased free testosterone in strength trainers. Increased total or free testosterone would help them build and repair muscle, but may cause susceptible individuals to lose hair."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldness#Preventing_and_reversing_hair_loss

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Relationship between male hair loss and diet?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 04:18:13 pm »
I agree.  It does seem likely that cooked animal foods would be a problem re hair-loss. For one thing, it's been reported that the Japanese prefer their fish to be raw rather than cooked.

That said, I've read claims that male pattern-baldness might have a partially genetic origin as well.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ster546464@yahoo.co.uk

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 09:18:01 pm »
not much connection to diet unfortunately, ive browsed the hairloss forums extensively,

but heres some information

MSM for growth, with lemon water/optional vitamin c / camu to make MSM stronger
biotin for growth
Beta Sitosterol / nettle, pumpkin
silica for strength
iodine for thyroid/ coconut oil
internal dht blocker like saw palmetto, not needed if using Beta Sitosterol
any fresh sprout, like alfalfa, b vitamins,
bee pollen, for b vitamins/ and zinc

he shou wu/gotu kola etc, schizandra, goji powder, may be useful herbs, but nettle should be enough for most people . Nettle also works because of its silica content, which will reduce your need for a silica supplement.

cayenne pepper on food, hemp oil/ omega oil,

externally, you could use emu oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, rosemary oil etc,

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 09:27:05 pm »
theres a brillaint youtube channel who speaks about this a lot

he has LOTS of information about hair loss . he knows a lot about it

i even added him on msn and i spoke to him about it and he always responds to emails and comments

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nakutao

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 09:30:10 pm »
ignore the vegan dogma but he knows his stuff,

but i reccomend the coconut oil because its so high in good fat and helps thyroid , and helps your body absorb nutrients.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 02:26:56 am »
theres a brillaint youtube channel who speaks about this a lot

he has LOTS of information about hair loss . he knows a lot about it

i even added him on msn and i spoke to him about it and he always responds to emails and comments

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nakutao
That user has closed their account. Do you have another link? TKS
Cheers
Al

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 03:03:34 am »
I think it could be processed foods and high carb diets in the city. I actually noticed some hair loss in myself.  My father went bald on top.  He's 47, so I imagine the hair loss would trigger soon in me. Perhaps diet can save my  O0

Its genetic but def. triggered through diet, just like acne. Acne is in my genetics, but but prcessed foods and high carb is what triggers it.
So if diet can clear my acne I imagine it could save some of my hair.

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 03:18:58 am »
diet could be one factor, there could be lots others like STRESS, water, air (they all suck in urban areas). Following the same logic - maybe all the pretty girls roaming city streets are droping the hairs on male heads  ;)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 03:23:30 am »
I think it could be processed foods and high carb diets in the city. I actually noticed some hair loss in myself.  My father went bald on top.  He's 47, so I imagine the hair loss would trigger soon in me. Perhaps diet can save my  O0

Its genetic but def. triggered through diet, just like acne. Acne is in my genetics, but but prcessed foods and high carb is what triggers it.
So if diet can clear my acne I imagine it could save some of my hair.
Sully, I agree with you 100%. (that genetics is the weakness and diet is the trigger). I am amazed that people don't see that. People tend to take the victim stance that it is predetermined.

The part that I would add is that in a lot of cases other things which are blamed on genetics are triggers also. Psychological things are high on the list. Parental habits are high on the list which is frequently related to the psychological stuff.

turkish,
No doubt the stress of modern life and environmental concerns of urban life add to the mix. I think they act as an immune system weakener.
Cheers
Al

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 03:38:10 am »
DHT (dihydrotestosterone) promotes hair loss.
That's a good article - http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/articles/article/dalyacolumn3.htm/
I prefer higher libido  8)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 04:44:55 am »
Dan Roddy mentions there seems to be two types of bald guys. The muscled high testosterone male who is hairy on the rest of there body and the skinny low T male who is bald on top and lacks body hair. My younger brother has gone thin since going off raw paleo.

It is hard to find old photos (100 years or so) of American indians, Maoris and Australian aboriginals who are bald.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 05:04:59 am »
Dan Roddy mentions there seems to be two types of bald guys. The muscled high testosterone male who is hairy on the rest of there body and the skinny low T male who is bald on top and lacks body hair. My younger brother has gone thin since going off raw paleo.

It is hard to find old photos (100 years or so) of American indians, Maoris and Australian aboriginals who are bald.

Well, there are skinny guys with hair, and musclular high testosterone with hair. I think it depends. Many variables. Some also go grey quick. My brother has some grey hairs and he is young, but has a full head of hair. Genetics triggered by diet.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 05:09:52 am »
I read somewhere in an Ayurvedic book that greying can be triggered by salt consumption. Seems to have something to it as everyone that I notice likes salt or salty things has the grey thing goin on.
Cheers
Al

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 08:37:33 am »

=O Matt LeBlank
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk