Author Topic: what does your significant other eat?  (Read 5095 times)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
what does your significant other eat?
« on: June 09, 2010, 10:05:38 am »
or, if single, do you care what a hypothetical significant other eats?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: what does your significant other eat?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 12:29:38 pm »
My wife eats a mostly cooked paleo diet plus some small amount of rice.
she eats raw eggs and raw fish and raw see weeds and raw sea urchin too.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 03:11:13 pm »
    I would like them to eat healthy food, and avoid unhealthy food.  I'd like them to either understand what they're eating (good food), or practice a healthy food path.

My so eats roasted nuts, commercial fried chips, sweetened bottled drinks (often in plastic), pasta, tomato sauce, beans, rice, tons of spices, lots of stuff.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 02:44:27 am »
As of right now my wife is eating kind of close to a cooked paleo diet.
First, she's been eating raw beef just about every day, usually one of her meals, and it's come out to 4-5 pounds a week. It's a start.
The other protein she's been eating is cooked fish, usually salmon, which she poaches in tin foil and drizzles lemon over it.
Other than that it's lot of fruit, mostly berries but some melons and tropical fruits as well.
She's also got a hard to curb craving for dairy (unfortunately pasteurized as well) and the occasional splurge with ice cream or chocolate.
She's enjoying things more and more though and ever so slowly working to higher percentages raw. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 02:57:23 am »
As long as the other person is vaguely interested in health, I don't think it's an issue. So, an interest in sushi or cooked, grassfed meats as opposed to cooked, microwave-ready meals from supermarkets and the like should be fine. The one thing that an RPDer wants to avoid, of course, is the kind of person who immediately freaks out and becomes hysterical when one mentions that one eats raw meats - there are, indeed, such people around.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 04:58:55 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 05:54:10 am »
What Tyler said.  ;)

My husband eats kind of everything, he likes paleofood, much fish or meat or liver with some veggies. Mostly cooked.
But he likes my tartar a lot! And carpaccio too. He likes tropical fruits, and loves whipped cream and mascarpone with vanilla and some sugar.
Loves my cheesecake too that I occasional makes for him as a threat.

He loves to tell his friends that his wife eats raw liver and raw meat..  ;) funny..

Inger

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 06:35:37 am »
    A positive on food in our relationship, as far as what he eats: He eats anything I make for him, as long as I say it's vegan.  He loves the food too.  

It grew on him.  In the beginning he hated bread that didn't have chemicals, and hated celery and broccoli and seaweed (and berries and fermented soy which was the only kind I previously touched) and used lots of chemical sweeteners.  I think he had eaten TV dinners and in restaurants and cafeterias all his life, even growing up mostly TV dinners (and in front of the TV).  We were raised very different from each other.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 08:52:52 am »
My new boyfriend is into lifting and an active lifestyle like myself. He listened to my ZC and raw lifestyle and said he wanted to go more low carb. He just dropped grains and Diet soda and he is tracking on Fitday right now. I am really proud of him. I said it is definitely not necessary to go ZC or raw altogether, but to eat more meats and drop carbs as much as he can. He told me he is already feeling better and his gym workouts are fantastic!

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 09:42:39 am »
my husband tried raw blended meat before and he eats it without any complains. now he's saying me that it tastes completely awful! but he still wants to eat raw meat. now i try to give him fatty ground meat spiced with black pepper, soy souce, red raw onions...etc. still he says that does not look good and he doesn't want to eat any raw meat. but now sometimes, i make the spice with ginger, gerlic and green hot pepper and which i put in a big half done meat steak, he likes that. he likes to eat cooked paleo. he's haitian and i've seen his parents love to eat all those greasy food 24 hours a day. they never go to doctors for any sickness. so, probably it's more genetics.
bugs or country chickens

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 09:37:29 pm »
My girlfriend eats lots of raw almonds and apples, and some cheese quesadillas.  I have recently been able to get her to eat raw adrenals and thyroid, and some raw meat and fish.  She already ate mostly raw vegan when we met, and it appears to just be a slow process to help her move toward healthy raw animal foods too, and cut down on the not-as-healthy options. She's intelligent enough to understand the usefulness of what I am trying to do with diet, etc., which is very helpful.  She knows how to think things through, which is pretty rare.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk