Author Topic: Early hominids ate diverse meats including Crocodiles, Hippos, Fish  (Read 15178 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Early hominids ate diverse meats including Crocodiles, Hippos, Fish
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 02:43:56 am »
Hacking turtles heads while it pokes out of the shell is bloody morbid and no fun and too much work.

I found out it is easier to cook the turtles alive like crabs.

They don't struggle, their nature is to hole up in their shell.

Live crabs big and small I've eaten raw and alive.
Cooking them in their shells is pretty grim. I find it's so much more humane to just stuff raw lobsters into the freezer so that they go into suspended animation, then killing them afterwards does not give them any pain. By contrast, boiling them alive in water is just cruel.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Alan

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2010, 09:57:41 am »
Now here is GS  living a true paleo life - feeding his children with the work which bloodied his own hands. 

I personally don't believe that a city-gymnasium yuppie has the standing to criticize GS. But that's just me.

I"'ve eaten wild coconut crabs which we hunted on a tiny islet off the coast of Samal Island all the way down south; the beachfront of the latter (by the way) is turning into a real-estate operation to skim the money from cityfolk.   And more power to the islanders for skinning the cityfolk.   However comma, the "Island Garden City of Samal" won't be that forever now.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2010, 11:24:03 am »
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/06/100609122857.htm

Your thoughts? Good luck to anyone recreating that diet. I thought it was important as it may add some weight to the idea of eating a varied diet not just meat and fat.

i know some people cultivate crocodile which is very popular meat.
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 04:35:36 pm »
i know some people cultivate crocodile which is very popular meat.

I wonder if crocodile tastes like alligator. I haven't tried either. Have you?  I know some people who cultivate that, but with their morals they probably feed them grains and cooked chicken brains or whatever they can get away with. What does turtle taste like? I suppose hippo is like the best fatty pork.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 06:57:04 pm »
    I wonder if crocodile tastes like alligator. I haven't tried either. Have you? 
I had alligator when younger but it was cooked. It was lean and mildly earthy/swampy tasting.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2010, 12:41:47 pm »
I had alligator when younger but it was cooked. It was lean and mildly earthy/swampy tasting.

I bet raw it would taste great.  Swampy cooked taste doesn't sound too enjoyable.  I guess people season it well when cooked, maybe Creole.  Do you know if there's a fatty part of their body or if the quality of the little cholesterol their body has makes up for the leanness?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2010, 12:51:26 pm »
There is a show where these guys survive in the wild. One guy goes bare footed, the other guy used to be in the military.

Anyway, they had alligator cooked, one said it taste like pork. Looked fatty.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2010, 01:07:43 pm »
There is a show where these guys survive in the wild..., they had alligator cooked, one said it taste like pork. Looked fatty.

Ok, so there are fatty and lean parts, or something like that.  Have you tried pork?  Some say it would taste like human, or human like it, but they were likely vegans who I heard.  Pork is smelly to me, not such a good smelly, but it digests well and makes me feel healthy.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 01:16:41 pm »
hmm, i never had raw pork, i would like to try wild boar

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 01:23:47 pm »
i would like to try wild boar

Oh, I really want to try that too.  I could have gotten pasture fed frozen boar, but I don't go for frozen.  I visited someone with a baby boar.  It was the first animal and only ever that ran away from me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk