Author Topic: Hangover treatment recommendations?  (Read 6551 times)

Offline ontheroadnyc

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hangover treatment recommendations?
« on: June 13, 2010, 04:48:59 pm »
I know there's no real "cure" for a hangover. You're body is basically recuperating from toxins...but...does anybody have any hangover treatment ideas for during and/or the morning after some drinking...from a Raw Paleo perspective?

I've read it's good to drink a big glass of water between each drink which I did.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Hangover treatment recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 06:44:53 pm »
That's one idea. I have also used "high-meat" for detoxing by eating it before a cooked-meal which removed most of the usual negative detox effects I usually got afterwards. It might work against alcohol too, for all I know.

Other methods:- only buy transparent-looking alcohol(eg:- clear gin/vodka/clear curacao and the like). It's the congeners in spirits like whiskies which not only give those spirits their colour but also exacerbate hangover symptoms.

Also, raw eggs are used frequently, even by SAD-eaters, to offset hangovers.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Ironbeef

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 06:30:44 pm »
I know this isn't popular, but the best cure is not to drink at all.  Aside from that, in the less then healthy days of the past when I consumed alcohol on a regular basis, my ideal hangover cure entailed a grueling 8-10 mile vigorous run, followed by a long hot shower and a 45 minute nap.  After I woke from the nap, I took another shower and got dressed.  It works.  The cure is not paleo, but neither is a hangover. 

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 07:00:37 pm »
I know this isn't popular, but the best cure is not to drink at all. 
Maybe elsewhere it isn't the popular course of action but here I'd say you'd find at least 60% support behind the idea.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 12:13:26 am »
I personally abhor drinking alcohol.
But if it is for a BIG business deal I'll drink a social amount.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 09:50:42 am »
Drink a lot of water BEFORE you go to bed.  Also, drink more after you wake up. This helps avoid the dehydration.

Offline NEUROSPORT

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 07:51:39 pm »
I know there's no real "cure" for a hangover. You're body is basically recuperating from toxins...but...does anybody have any hangover treatment ideas for during and/or the morning after some drinking...from a Raw Paleo perspective?

I've read it's good to drink a big glass of water between each drink which I did.

drink water between drinks ?  sounds absurd.

i start drinking water once i get home from the party.  i drink even more water when i wake up the next day.

that's the only thing i do really.  but i think Vitamins might be a good idea too.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 01:05:05 pm »
    Try marrow and eggs before drinking, and then again in the morning.  I think it will protect your liver from your alcohol and maybe prevent hangover.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 02:19:54 pm »
It makes you lose salt and vitamin b, so I reckon munching homemade jerky and drinking lots of water could be good. It would be the best snack if you're craving salty food anyway.

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 11:42:15 pm »
drinking water between drinks ... i don't know whether it is a good idea.

i drink water when i get home if i am able to do it without vomiting.  before going to sleep i will drink as much as i feel comfortable drinking.  this makes you wake up less dehydrated the next day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk