Author Topic: Cleansing protocols before starting rpd  (Read 4579 times)

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
Cleansing protocols before starting rpd
« on: June 22, 2010, 11:46:02 pm »
Hey all, I've seen some members here advocate some kind of cleansing protocol before attempting rpd. I believe Actionhero recommends something like 3 weeks of fruit only followed by a mixture of fruits and meat before going to predominantly meat. Goodsamaratin has a whole host of cleanses found here - http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols-and-treatments/

I've also now read quite a few accounts of people having great results with juice fasting, especially in the first couple weeks. Water fasting has also done wonders for many. I'm wondering if this is partly why Lex Rooker has had such great results. He literally almost killed himself water fasting for a month and this I believe was fairly soon before he started his paleo adventure. Perhaps he not only dumped much of his muscle and other tissues away but also all the toxins that had been stored up within him and he was able to construct himself a new man so to speak.

Also, many (seems like most) members here have gone through vegan or vegetarian or at least low-fat diets and these perhaps can act as somewhat of a cleanse. I, on the other hand went straight to VLC and now to raw LC (though recently raw plus lots of junk) and did not fair so well.

I think the main principle behind cleanses is to give your digestive system a rest and give yourself very easily uptaken nutrition like juice so that the body can concentrate on healing. Based on recent blood tests I have some disconcerting liver panels - elevated bilirubin, low ceruloplasm and low copper all indicating bile insufficiency as well as low white-blood cell count.

I am not going to rush into anything here. But, if others could relay their experience with cleanses and eventually their path to rpd that would be great.

Has anyone started rpd and then cleansed and then went back to rpd with better results?

I would like to find a diet that maximizes the cleansing and minimizes the muscle loss as it seems all these cleanses are low protein. Perhaps the Aajonus mostly egg yolk plus starch diet/cleanse is the closest thing I can get to something that would provide me with good nutrition. I know Yuri has tried this minus the starches and failed. Does anyone else have experience with a majority egg yolk diet?

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Cleansing protocols before starting rpd
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 12:48:23 am »
Don't kill yourself... I've done fasting before RPD, and it wasn't good for me at all. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have really strong adrenals. I've done liver cleanses and they did nothing for me.

About AV, I don't know about a starch and egg yolk fast. It's not in his books. He writes about eating 1-2 eggs every 1-2 hours with some honey butter mix for healing the bowels though.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 04:38:21 am »
Has anyone started rpd and then cleansed and then went back to rpd with better results?

I would like to find a diet that maximizes the cleansing and minimizes the muscle loss as it seems all these cleanses are low protein. Perhaps the Aajonus mostly egg yolk plus starch diet/cleanse is the closest thing I can get to something that would provide me with good nutrition. I know Yuri has tried this minus the starches and failed. Does anyone else have experience with a majority egg yolk diet?

I started RAF from long time vegan partially raw.  My first foods were raw grassfed cultured butter and eggs yolks (in that order).  I didn't really eat anything else for a month, no starch for probably a year and a half.  That first month did cleanse me.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 08:49:12 am »
http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols-and-treatments/

My initial intention when I made this section in my website was for people who are gravely ill.  Although I did make it clear that it should be nutritious diet first (rpd).  Then cleansing.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 09:12:37 am »
I did the arise and shine protocol in thailand.
I fasted for 14 days. It fixed a lot of my issues. I got out INSANE amounts if mucoid placque. It was staggering. I wish I had pictures. I've also done liver cleansing twice, I got some stones out the first time and felt really good the day after. The second time I got nothing out.

Like I said I'd suggest the arise and and shine protocol. It clears your body of mucoid placque (I can't confirm whether it's a real phenomena or if it's just the psyllium husk. I personally believe it is real, but in any case the fast was very successful).

If I were you I'd only start out with a weeks worth of fasting. It took me like 3 months to fully recover from the 14 days. I'm going to do a 5-7 day fast now again real soon.

Oh yeah and you have to do some sort of cleanse. I can't stress that enough. I've done just plain water fasts before and it had very little effect. (Buy this http://www.ariseandshine.com/cleanse14.aspx )
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:22:15 am by ForTheHunt »
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 05:09:30 pm »
A few  RPDers have told me that one should go cooked-palaeo first and then do some long-term fasting before going RPD. Then again, 1 of them stated that he did a 20-day water-fast, which sounds pretty extreme and not something to be copied, IMO.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 03:11:54 pm »
What value does any fasting or juice regime add above just starting to eat raw meat?

donnaj867, no not if you're here to link to spam.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk