Author Topic: Solution for hair loss?  (Read 41808 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Solution for hair loss?
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 05:39:27 am »
Phil: What is the diet of the pig from which this healthy pork fat comes from? Also, the same question for the marrow which you consider healthy.
That's a good question. "Healthy" is a relative term, so I should clarify further. I was thinking more in terms of pork leaf fat being a source of saturated and monounsaturated animal fats. The diet of even pastured pigs is rarely as biologically appropriate as that of 100% grassfed beef, so I see it as of secondary quality. I don't like the taste or mouth feel of pork leaf fat or lard anyway, so it's not a big deal for me personally and I was trying to put as many options out as I could think of.

The marrow I get is commercial, so I also see that as secondary to my 100% grassfed suet, and marrow is expensive too, but even commercial marrow tends to have a better fat profile and more closely resembles the fat that our ancestors ate than vegetable oils, peanut butter, margarine, etc. Even raw butter would be better than that stuff.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 10:02:48 pm »
Do not shampoo your hair.  Use water only to wash it.

GS, it's really hard to do this since I use wax. I have god awful natural hair, all messy and stuff and my hair's not long too.

I have natural spikes at the top back of my head as well, with the sides of my hair that don't seem to go down without wax.

EDIT: Also, my diet is just ribeye steaks. I am planning to add in Beef shank (plus the marrow) but I can't find any, except for Lamb, which is grain fed and shin shanks (according to the butcher) does not contain the bone marrow. Grassfed Organs are just way too hard to get here in Singapore and no one has heard of suet.
It's just really damned hard to do Paleo in Singapore without having a hole in your wallet and probably, stress from finding out the sources.

But, if I were to successfully be 100% RZC, I would spread it across Singapore like a hurricane.

Grain fed ribeye is 6SGD per 100g.
Grass fed has promotions so I'm not sure about the actual price.

Singapore hates me.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 10:11:17 pm by Dwight »

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010, 10:56:30 pm »

Singapore hates me.

OUCH! that's $AUS 51 and $US 43 a kilo. Can you not get fatty mince?

Singapore is expensive...you need a good job or wealthy parents.

I wonder how much it would cost to freight from a poorer country like Indonesia or something?

Tough predicament.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 02:32:32 am »
OUCH! that's $AUS 51 and $US 43 a kilo. Can you not get fatty mince?

Singapore is expensive...you need a good job or wealthy parents.

I wonder how much it would cost to freight from a poorer country like Indonesia or something?

Tough predicament.

Fatty mince? Ground meat? All of them are lean/grain fed.
Cheaper ones would be brisket, then again it's about 2.40SGD per 100g.

I'm in a tough spot to get into RZC. Beef and lamb offals don't exist in supermarkets. Only pork, which is grain fed.

I haven't tried the wet market though but my mum says that the meat there stinks and she hasn't seen beef or lamb organs before.
Plus, it's really hard to communicate with the folks selling the beef because my Chinese and Hokkien language is terrible.

Maybe I'll hit the market this weekend.

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 03:19:46 am »
Phil: What is the diet of the pig from which this healthy pork fat comes from? Also, the same question for the marrow which you consider healthy.

Sven: What is the diet of this chicken and beef which you eat?

I'm doing it to gain weight/mass for bulking up.  It's working very nicely

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2010, 06:55:03 am »
Heh. I meant, what does the chicken and beef eat? =)
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2010, 11:55:33 am »
LOL oh... the fresh beef I get is grainfed unfortunatley, but they are not raised with hormones and are considered all natural(whatever that means), I've called up the farmers and even though they are fed grains and alfalfa ect.  they are still a much better choice than typical supermarket beef. 

the eggs I get are from a local farm that I can go watch run around all day
heres the guys website http://chriseggfarm.com/ 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2010, 12:51:53 pm »

Singapore hates me.

I should send you my beef and make a profit as well.
I don't know the first thing how to pack, ice it and send it via which carrier.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 02:28:57 pm »
Fatty mince? Ground meat? All of them are lean/grain fed.
Cheaper ones would be brisket, then again it's about 2.40SGD per 100g.

I'm in a tough spot to get into RZC. Beef and lamb offals don't exist in supermarkets. Only pork, which is grain fed.

I haven't tried the wet market though but my mum says that the meat there stinks and she hasn't seen beef or lamb organs before.
Plus, it's really hard to communicate with the folks selling the beef because my Chinese and Hokkien language is terrible.

Maybe I'll hit the market this weekend.

Why buy expensive rib eyes when you can buy brisket.

I don't even buy rib eyes. Just add some fish if your worried about 0mega 3. You have to do what you can.

Grass fed rib eyes are $US45 kg here, mince is $US 13.50 kg.

Albert Camus

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2010, 04:09:00 am »
I was thinking a little bit more about this hair loss affair... I remember being on SAD and my hair was thin and brittle, I had a very mild case of receding hairline, nothing major... maybe 15-20 hairs lost over a course of a year.  Now that my protein intake is well over 200g per day my hair is Much thicker(no surprise there) and stronger.  No hair loss has occured in the 7 months of my raw diet and high protein intake.  No regrowth has taken place. Both my grandfathers are bald, my father is balding.  I do have a full head of hair. 

This might be too simple a solution but maybe  strengthening the hair is the answer...  a strong hair will not thin out and die easily.  When the body is starving one of the first things to stop is hair growth and nail growth.  So if you're eating 20-50g a day of protein its not enough.  the body uses protein for a million things.  Perhaps a high protein intake is sufficient enough to SLOW or halt hair loss.  The stronger and more resistant the hair is the less likely it will fold to balding.   Thoughts?

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2010, 08:50:23 pm »
Why buy expensive rib eyes when you can buy brisket.

I don't even buy rib eyes. Just add some fish if your worried about 0mega 3. You have to do what you can.

Grass fed rib eyes are $US45 kg here, mince is $US 13.50 kg.

Thank you. ^_^ I guess it's just brisket and sashimi for me. I am content though I guess I will sneak in a few pieces of different kinds of meat. Once there was a special on rump steaks from Tasmania, the fat content was "holy crap, did the cow just sat in front of a tv chewing grass all day non-stop"?

Anyways, do you guys have trouble chewing brisket? I can't rip any with my teeth.

I'm worried about fat content too but I guess i should just eat what is available.

P.S Sorry, I'm kinda high because it was the first time i drank a raw egg (didn't dare to at first) and I hardly get to have any raw animal products.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2010, 08:55:21 pm »
No, I don't have any trouble eating brisket. You are puny.

You know how kitchen roll and corrugated card tears more easily in certain directions? The skin on the brisket is the same... Even before I worked that out though, I just pulled hard or something... It tasted so nice I was not bothered, but soon enough got more skilled at doing it anyway.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2010, 09:05:05 pm »

You know how kitchen roll and corrugated card tears more easily in certain directions? The skin on the brisket is the same... Even before I worked that out though, I just pulled hard or something... It tasted so nice I was not bothered, but soon enough got more skilled at doing it anyway.

Well, one day I will snap a picture of our brisket here. I see no skin =| I guess I need practice..
and no cigarettes.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2010, 09:53:48 pm »
Maybe they took it out... The skin is one of the nicest things about brisket...

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2010, 12:09:58 am »
Play nice. If people are less regular to the forum they might not get that you're joking. :P

FWIW my brisket, from two sources, has no skin either.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2010, 12:47:27 am »
FWIW my brisket, from two sources, has no skin either.

omg I looked on google for a picture and I couldn't really find any good pics to show the skin... That is sad, I find it so tasty. You get the main meat part, then you get a thin(thicker in some) layer of soft(harder in some) fat, then there is the skin... It looks like many people remove not only the skin, but the soft-fat layer too... That's ridiculous...

Is it possible that what I am calling 'the skin', you may not refer to as 'the skin'? Or is there really nothing that could be considered such on yours?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2010, 01:59:24 am »
omg I looked on google for a picture and I couldn't really find any good pics to show the skin... That is sad, I find it so tasty. You get the main meat part, then you get a thin(thicker in some) layer of soft(harder in some) fat, then there is the skin... It looks like many people remove not only the skin, but the soft-fat layer too... That's ridiculous...

Is it possible that what I am calling 'the skin', you may not refer to as 'the skin'? Or is there really nothing that could be considered such on yours?
Take a photo next time you get a cut and highlight the skin. It's definitely possible we're looking at different things.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2010, 04:49:21 pm »
    Incredible, July to October.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2010, 02:20:05 am »
Removed spam post.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2011, 10:23:44 am »
My younger brother has huge areas of skin showing on his crown and receding on the forhead. He is going bald fast. Less than a year ago he was fine. He eats no raw animal foods anymore. I really don't want to go bald besides the fact it looks crap you have to deal with sunburn/stroke and have to wear a hat all the time.

I have totally the same amount of hair i had 10 years ago although salt and pepper.Unbelievably thick. I find it hard to believe I may be dodging the baldness bullet. How? 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:27:54 pm by TylerDurden »

Albert Camus

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2011, 09:54:51 am »
Raw egg yolks, healthy ones, and keep your scalp clean by cleansing it with baking soda;   One - three teaspoons to the scalp, work it in, let it sit for a few minutes, and then really work your fingers massaging the scalp, and then rinse with just warm water while still massaging.  Brush your hair frequently with boar bristle brush. Massage scalp and brush it in the morning.  Ditch excess sugar, including fruit sugar.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2011, 12:06:48 pm »
Putting organic free range eggs on scalp , not only clean the scalp, but give comfort and nourishments. Sleeping condition even improves. Putting placenta on the head does the same thing and even more nutritious than eggs. Good diet and good care (not only involves brushing the hair only) can prevent hair falling and graying hair.
bugs or country chickens

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2011, 11:18:43 am »
eggs on head may work, I was citing my history for about 25 years eating them raw.  Every vit/min hair restore product have the nutrients found in egg yolks. 

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2011, 03:39:33 am »
Hey, no one mentioned stress or ejaculation...

I think excessive ejaculation can cause hair loss. Stress for sure can.

Eating lots of raw meat sure does help with stress in my book. Eating cooked meat pisses me off and keeps me pissed off. Raw meat keeps me cool and mellow and when I do get riled up I am much more calm and collected.

However, I think love and compassion and touching/making out with other people and especially long lasting intercourse without ejaculation will help build oxytocin levels up and I think that might be the best way.

I do believe stress is the main cause of hair loss. Fight or flight hormones.

Sorry if that's too graphic lol...

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2011, 11:37:14 am »

However, I think love and compassion and touching/making out with other people and especially long lasting intercourse without ejaculation will help build oxytocin levels up ...

It will also cause prostate cancer.  Too little ejaculation is very, very bad for the prostate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk