Author Topic: Dr Ron's Organ Delight  (Read 12998 times)

Metallica

Dr Ron's Organ Delight
« on: August 04, 2008, 09:21:07 am »
do you think this supplement is worth it?

i cant eat raw meat, but i was thinking of doing raw vegetarian diet (eggs) and just take this supplement?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Dr Ron's Organ Delight
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 06:03:28 pm »
do you think this supplement is worth it?

i cant eat raw meat, but i was thinking of doing raw vegetarian diet (eggs) and just take this supplement?

In the long-term, the above is NOT  a solution, on its own. In the short-term, if you were supplementing with higher doses of Dr Ron's supplements(ie buying some of the more specific organs and glands), then you'd likely avoid some of the more serious deficiencies that can arise from a Raw Vegan diet - but the Organic Organ Delight on its own has only a sixth of the amounts for each organ/gland that the more specific Dr Ron's supplements have - my  suggestion would be to get hold of the thyroid and adrenal glands for any glandular-related health issues plus the specific supplements for liver, heart and pancreas(and maybe kidney, though not really as important) - in view of the lack of raw animal food in your diet,  3 pills a day would be best(just open the gelatin capsules and tap the stuff out, as the gelatin of the capsule blocks absorption of the nutrients to some extent). In addition to the specific supplements for liver, pancreas etc., you would also definitely need a spoonful or two of  fermented cod-liver-oil or krill-oil every day  in order to get sufficient Omega-3 fatty acids(Blue Ice fermented cod-liver oil is the only one I know which is genuinely raw without additives - Mercola recommends a particular Krill Oil as being OK - have a look at his site re this).

But this is all a stop-gap and really doesn't solve your health-issues in the long-term. It would be far better to eat plenty of minimally-cooked meats/organ-meats and see if, over time, you can reduce the cooking-temperature by a degree , every so often - this would also be a lot cheaper than buying a multitude of supplements to support an otherwise nutritionally-deficient diet. If, for any reason, you are absolutely unable to ever eat raw meats of any kind, despite taking longer to transition to raw, then at least the minimally-cooked meats are not quite  as bad as highly-processed/heavily-cooked junk-food.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 01:38:38 am »
How about you eat everything raw except for meat and organs and bones and then take those supplements as well?

You should get "Nourishing Traditions" for healthy ways to cook animal parts.

One question, can you stomach raw fish like sashimi at Japanese restaurants or raw oysters? That would be a good thing to add to the above regimen if you can.

Metallica

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 02:12:32 am »
no i cant i have tried before i dont like it at all.

im a very picky eater. i have been my whole life.

Offline akaikumo

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 07:56:07 am »
I agree that taking supplements isn't a good long-term solution, either health-wise or financially.

I would look into ways of cooking organ meats in healthier ways (like the book kyle mentioned), and then just doing the cut it up small and swallow it whole method to get used to it. They're gross, but it's worth getting used to it.

I would also use olive oil and paleo-nuts for the fats.
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. - Anais Nin

Metallica

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 08:51:01 am »
yeah i have tried kidney and liver, both raw and honestly it was the worst must digusting tasting food i have ever eaten, i dont think i can get use to it, its awful; it tasted like 100% pure barnyard.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 04:03:08 am »
yeah i have tried kidney and liver, both raw and honestly it was the worst must digusting tasting food i have ever eaten, i dont think i can get use to it, its awful; it tasted like 100% pure barnyard.

I, like most beginners, had much the same reaction to certain raw organs like liver(I found raw kidney much easier). However, the pain and illness I incurred from eating cooked-diets was so great that I had no choice(avoidance of pain is often a bigger incentive than the pursuit of pleasure) - then, of course, I got used to and started to enjoy the taste and disliked the taste of cooked-foods, in most cases. Of course, it doesn't work for everybody - I tried, once, early on, convincing my father to go rawpalaeo(he was extreme diabetic type 2 etc.) and, while he was happy to investigate the raw dairy, the look of terror on his face when I suggested that he try raw meats was enough to make me not bother with such advice any more(he died a year later from heart-trouble).  Just try all the various solutions suggested(eg:- bolting down small slivers without chewing, followed by gulps of mineral-water etc.).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Metallica

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 10:12:56 am »
i just dont think i can ever do a 100% raw diet and stick to it for for the rest my life though, theres just something extremely warming and satisfying about a nice home cooked meal. its in my heart and soul its my tradition.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 12:12:48 pm »
I probably won't either, but that doesn't mean I don't eat what I think is right most of the time. Just because you can't do something 100% all of the time is by no means a reason to not do it at all, or to even try. Would you quit whatever your favorite hobby was because you knew you could never be the best at it?

Offline mors01

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 08:44:55 pm »
If you can't stomach raw meat, maybe try making jerky (dried meat). Lex made a very detailed guide about jerky-making. After all, Dr. Ron's supplement is just dried & powdered meat.

I've dried ground beef by simply spreading it out very thinly on a plate, and leaving it at room temperature for about a day.
When it was dried up, its taste and texture was similar to salami.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk