Author Topic: another newbie.... or actually not quite yet  (Read 3698 times)

Offline UB

• Forager
    • View Profile
another newbie.... or actually not quite yet
« on: June 25, 2010, 08:00:17 pm »
I am still eating 80/10/10 and having a very very very hard time to let go of my fruits. Whenever I start on RPD again I miss my fruits and go back immediately to eating fruits only. I am addicted to sugar.

I need help, how can I get off sugar? Some people say "get rid of all sugary foods and fruits and don't buy them anymore". Yeah well, I tried it. Didn't work out either, cause the grocery store is just across the street. Also eating all that fat grosses me out right now. Maybe I should start by eating avocados as my fat source, but then again that wouldn't be zero carb.

How did you guys cope with switching from vegan or high fruit to RPD? I tried so many times in the last couple of weeks, months but it never worked :-(

Hi guys and gals, I am UB, btw > it's a pleasure to be here.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Re: another newbie.... or actually not quite yet
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 09:28:14 pm »
Hi UB and welcome to forum!  :)

Do you have any negative symptoms from your fruitarian diet? Or why do you want to switch over to ZC.

Inger

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 09:42:12 pm »
I came from raw vegan, then raw fruitarian.
Then entered rpd through wai diet.
Then moved to high fat low carb.

Check out wai diet as a transition.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 09:58:15 pm »
How did you guys cope with switching from vegan or high fruit to RPD? I tried so many times in the last couple of weeks, months but it never worked :-(

i was never vegan or vegetarian, but i was doing a lot of fruits before.
transition takes time, patience, and discipline.  it definitely did not happen for me overnight.

slowly introduce new foods, little amounts at a time, and slowly decrease fruits.  it'll take time for your stomach to get acclimated to protein and fat.  from my personal experience eating something salty or drinking salty water 10 min before meal helped secreting better stomach acid.

Offline UB

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 10:30:12 pm »
Hi UB and welcome to forum!  :)

Do you have any negative symptoms from your fruitarian diet? Or why do you want to switch over to ZC.

Inger

Thanks Inger

Yes indeed, I have stomach problems. As far I as can tell it must be the fiber. Whenever I eat fruits to satiety my stomach is sticking out like I am 6 month pregnant. It looks that way for hours. I also noticed I get satiated fairly early. Cannot eat as much as I should on a fruit diet.
E.g. eat a fruit meal mid morning, tummy is sticking out after that. Couple hours later I don't feel really hungry but I am looking for sweet fruits again. Even though my tummy is still full and sticking out and I am not hungry I eat more fruits. Tummy gets even worse and I feel bad/sick now. And I am still not satiated. I am still looking for more food. Sometimes I eat more and sometimes I can hold myself back. It's a vicious cycle.

When I was on a cooked paleo about 2 years ago, I remember I felt good and my tummy was flat all the time.

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 06:53:31 am »
ahaha  I reconized so much myself in the description of your fruitarian belly, and constant hunger and craves for sugar ; horrible sensation...
Add with non stop bowel pain. I was so bored that I took only juice for a (long) while, and finally have lots of acidity and troubel mountains of glycemie.
It was like I was going crazy to not arrived to adapt my diet. I was on zero fat also ! No vegetables, as I can't digest it.

Now I switched on raw paleo and just have maximum the juice of 4 apples a day (took in mouth and split the pulp out). I feel really better, it's huge !
I wanna try ZC but I think I am a little addict to fruit sugar... Though after each apple juice, I can feel the glycemic pic and sensibility in the teeth.
If I take the pulp, I feel my belly too big and don't feel good at all with that. I think it's not physiological for human to have a big belly (it changed all the stature)... This question of having a big belly while we are moving on 2 legs obsessed me a little when I was and believed in a fruit diet.

How are you doing now UB ?
 :)

Offline UB

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 12:02:13 am »
ahaha  I reconized so much myself in the description of your fruitarian belly, and constant hunger and craves for sugar ; horrible sensation...
Add with non stop bowel pain. I was so bored that I took only juice for a (long) while, and finally have lots of acidity and troubel mountains of glycemie.
It was like I was going crazy to not arrived to adapt my diet. I was on zero fat also ! No vegetables, as I can't digest it.

Now I switched on raw paleo and just have maximum the juice of 4 apples a day (took in mouth and split the pulp out). I feel really better, it's huge !
I wanna try ZC but I think I am a little addict to fruit sugar... Though after each apple juice, I can feel the glycemic pic and sensibility in the teeth.
If I take the pulp, I feel my belly too big and don't feel good at all with that. I think it's not physiological for human to have a big belly (it changed all the stature)... This question of having a big belly while we are moving on 2 legs obsessed me a little when I was and believed in a fruit diet.

How are you doing now UB ?
 :)

Sorry I just saw your post now. Was absent a little while.

I am still not sure what to eat really. I switch back and forth between fruits and meats. I am still a bit at loss at what to do.

How are you doing? Still into fruits or did you switch to an all meat diet already?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk