Author Topic: Anyone who doesn't eat extra fat?  (Read 6891 times)

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Anyone who doesn't eat extra fat?
« on: June 26, 2010, 09:46:59 pm »
Is RZC possible without eating extra fat?  

Say a diet of mostly grassfed lamb, calorie intake: ~60% from fat,  ~40% from protein, is that viable?  Is anyone on a similar diet?

At the moment, i do not have a source of grassfed fat. Anything grainfed gives me diarrhea, even yolks, that's why i'm asking.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone who doesn't eat extra fat?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 10:40:51 pm »
40% protein is too high.  I recommend around 20-30% protein, depending on how well you handle it, and if you're trying to build muscle mass.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 11:55:48 pm »
Im fine with it. I only occasionally supplement fat by eating some bone marrow every now and then.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline NEUROSPORT

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 07:21:32 am »
why all this obsession with fat ?  the body is mostly protein - both ours and that of the animals we eat.  so why would 40% protein be too high ?

i think if there is anything too high in most people's diets its the total calories.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 07:39:58 am »
why all this obsession with fat ?  the body is mostly protein - both ours and that of the animals we eat.  so why would 40% protein be too high ?

"Vegeta, what did the scouter say about ^his^ power level?"

"It's over NINE THOUSAND!"

(that basically means +1)
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 08:30:13 am »
why all this obsession with fat ?  the body is mostly protein - both ours and that of the animals we eat.  so why would 40% protein be too high ?

i think if there is anything too high in most people's diets its the total calories.
Too much protein stresses the organs, particularly the liver.

I will agree that many people, myself included, consume more calories than needed.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 10:35:56 am »
I am curious as to how you guys find that much fat to eat? Do you guys eat tons of suet and stuff, or is there other things to get? bone marrow is really expensive everywhere I look, and theres normally nothing else to order, maybe someone can point me in the right direction? :D

Offline NEUROSPORT

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 10:19:46 pm »
Too much protein stresses the organs

no doubt too much is no good.  ronnie coleman i think for example used to have 600 grams of protein per day.

is that unhealthy ?  yes.  but you would need to eat 6 pounds of lean raw meat per day to get that much.

i think you should eat various animal bodyparts in the same proportions in which they actually occur in the animal.  there is no need to emphasize either lean parts or fatty parts IMO.

Offline NEUROSPORT

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 10:24:42 pm »
:D

the good thing about fat is it would let you relax a bit.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 12:17:51 am »
I am curious as to how you guys find that much fat to eat? Do you guys eat tons of suet and stuff, or is there other things to get? bone marrow is really expensive everywhere I look, and theres normally nothing else to order, maybe someone can point me in the right direction? :D
I eat 3-4 pounds of suet a week along with probably 10 pounds of meat. It took time but I found a farmer with nice quality suet at a reasonable price.

no doubt too much is no good.  ronnie coleman i think for example used to have 600 grams of protein per day.
is that unhealthy ?  yes.  but you would need to eat 6 pounds of lean raw meat per day to get that much.
IMO raw meat is much more bio-available than cooked. It should, again IMO, take much less raw meat to hit the same body-building needs.

i think you should eat various animal bodyparts in the same proportions in which they actually occur in the animal.  there is no need to emphasize either lean parts or fatty parts IMO.
I agree, this is how one's diet should be. Unfortunately, from my experience, eating raw carnivourous/"ZC" is not sustainable on the quantities of fat in modern meat. If you want to prosper eating this way you need to supplement with additional fat.
For the record I'm not eating carnivorously by choice. My food options have dwindled due to a vicious cycle of Candida/Leaky Gut/Food Allergies to where some grass-finished meats as well as some fish sit well with my body and that's all I can eat. If I could choose I would be eating LC/VLC with lots of meat, fat, and some fruits; I think this is an optimal diet for most when their bodies are workign correctly.
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 12:34:07 am »
My food options have dwindled due to a vicious cycle of Candida/Leaky Gut/Food Allergies to where some grass-finished meats as well as some fish sit well with my body and that's all I can eat.

same here man. I didn't choose this diet, it just happens to be the only diet that keeps candida symptoms at bay. Can you tolerate any amount of carb at all?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 02:58:55 am »
same here man. I didn't choose this diet, it just happens to be the only diet that keeps candida symptoms at bay. Can you tolerate any amount of carb at all?
A little bit of liver (1/4 pound) seems to be about the threshold. Even more liver than that can flare up the brain fog. Fruits, honey, etc. do it very quickly and with only small amounts. This is after ~10 months, it might improve with time but I have no idea yet.
-Henry David Thoreau

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk