Author Topic: Along the lines of "high" meat, what about "high" vegetables and fruits?OPINION?  (Read 5759 times)

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
Along the logic of "high" meat, what about "high" fruits and vegetables?

For example, I had some strawberries that got a little moldy(the white fuzz on the outside of the berries).....I washed it off with vinegar and they weren't bad so it tastes normal.

But it got me thinking of the concept of "high" meat, so I want to know,

1) what about "high" vegetables and fruits? Are they better fresh, or aged, or "high"?
Can you get sick from eating moldy fruit or slimy vegetables?

And, 2) does the logic of anaerobic bacteria (and it being bad) include fruits and vegetables? For example, I leave vegetables in the fridge, usually sealed in their plastic bag they came with in the grocery store. It is pretty much sealed from air. Generally I push out all the air with my arm as I've noticed the vegetables stay fresh longer. But that is opposite to the anaerobic bacteria theory, where if the vegetables had air they would last longer. So should I "air" my sealed vegetables and fruits every couple days to prevent anaerobic abcteria from growing?

Sometimes I leave vegetables sealed in their plastic bag for 2 -3 weeks because I forget about them or don't want to eat them.

Bobby

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
    I think the high is different.  Ever sniff smelling salts?  It kind of helps oxygenate your brain.  High meat can make ammonia, not unlike the smelling salts, but you eat high meat to get the high.

High vegetables and fruit can make vinegar.  Smelling vinegar never gave me that high.  Eating fermented fruit or veges does give a feeling, but more like alcohol for me, a low not a high. 

Ever mix ammonia and vinegar?

I think paleo man may have eaten rotten meat to get the nutrients or to get high, but I think they ate their fruit and herbs fresh.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
Ah I see. Anyother opinions are welcome.

Rawzi, so if rotten meat makes ammonia,, isn't consuming ammonia bad for the health? Please explain.

Bobby

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
    I'm no scientist, but it seems the highmeat is good for my blood vessels and helps allow more oxygen to circulate in my body. 

Vinegar cooks my mouth like ceviche.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
What about fermented plant foods like sauerkraut and pickles (unpasteurized of course, not the typical supermarket kind). Those are different from high meat, but the bacteria it provides are still beneficial.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
Yes, great point. That helps to put aged/high meat into perspective. Thanks!!!

Bobby

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
What about fermented plant foods like sauerkraut and pickles (unpasteurized of course, not the typical supermarket kind). Those are different from high meat, but the bacteria it provides are still beneficial.

That (vegie-kraut) helps digest vegetables.  If you're eating vegetables, sure, even make apple cider vinegar salad dressing, it helps you break them down.  I ate that every day on Ann Wigmore's Living Food LifestyleTM.  I made the kraut myself.  It just doesn't seem right with RP to me though.  I guess if there's no animals around to hunt, you'd have to incorporate a lot of vegetables.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Vegetables are a last resort food. It's not really worth the trouble eating them fresh as most of it won't be absorbed. Cooking is no option, so the most reasonable choice ends up being fermented, raw, veggies.

I'm interested in fermenting veggies too, would be a good way to add additional nutrients.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
What to you think of store-bought pickled vegetables?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
What to you think of store-bought pickled vegetables?

only if theyre refrigerated and specifically say they are cultured. most pickles are just vinegar nowadays.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk