Author Topic: A Few Questions  (Read 10149 times)

Offline onekingreigns

• Forager
    • View Profile
A Few Questions
« on: June 30, 2010, 12:54:32 pm »
Shalom,

I just started researching the paleolithic diet (from researching high meat).
Most if it jives with me really well; even though the information against grains and potatoes is really surprising.

I was wondering if I would still be able to eat wheat bread that I would make myself, or would it interfere with the cycle that
the diet would engage in?

Once your body adapts to the raw/high meat and absence of grains, is it arbitrary to include such things sparingly?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: A Few Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 01:25:38 pm »
The wheat today is totally bad.  It's not even the same as biblical wheat.
Whether you make it yourself or farm it yourself nowadays, wheat is bad food.

You can always transition and self experiment to see what fits you in the end.

What is remarkable about raw paleo diet and my experience is the absence of colds and coughs and fevers. 
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline onekingreigns

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 02:04:03 pm »
Oh, so would this be including the use of sprouted grains?

It seems as though you become more resistant to viruses/disease, but you also become more sensitive to other things?

How does the diet affect bio-availability?

Offline NEUROSPORT

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 04:46:31 am »
Shalom,

I just started researching the paleolithic diet (from researching high meat).
Most if it jives with me really well; even though the information against grains and potatoes is really surprising.

I was wondering if I would still be able to eat wheat bread that I would make myself, or would it interfere with the cycle that
the diet would engage in?

Once your body adapts to the raw/high meat and absence of grains, is it arbitrary to include such things sparingly?

screw wheat, corn, soy, rice, beans and all that garbage.

have you EVER heard of anybody getting healthier after adding or increasing any of those in the diet ?

use your brain ...

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 04:53:03 am »
What matters is what you eat 90% of the time. I'm sure plenty of people here cheats in social occasions and no one died yet. A piece of bread once in a while will not negate all the benefits from raw meat.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 05:16:28 am »
All grains are garbage from a nutritional standpoint. A waste of calories.  :)

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 10:20:01 am »
I agree,I started off with a macrobiotic diet when I first got interested in "health food".Man,that sucked.It's a grain based diet.No energy,no calories,no fun,no taste... -v Blah....pretty much death city.
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline onekingreigns

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 01:47:07 am »
I understand the negative qualities of grain based products, but I'm only asking how much it could intervene.
I would like to keep around 20% of what I eat things that I enjoy: especially being a baker.
I haven't had any problems as of yet. Is there a certain threshold point where you begin to reject those items, or is differ between persons?
Also, if there weren't any negative reactions, would I still be able to get the better portion of benefits from just eating raw meat?

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 04:31:40 am »
20% of crappy foods means you only get 80% of the benefits in an ideal situation. Since grains are toxic, I would take that down past 50%.

Stop entertaining yourself with food, eat delicious but filling meat and fat and entertain yourself with hobbies.

Offline onekingreigns

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 06:23:06 am »
The problem is that though it isn't bad, I don't really enjoy eating raw meat, unless its kibbee or sashimi.
So unless your taste greatly adapts overtime or there is a better way than spending an hour trying to chew through a piece of meat;
it seems sort of hard to continue.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 06:37:57 am »
If your body agrees with grains, why are you even here?   I'd never ever be on RPD if i could enjoy pizza, beer and dessert everyday. I eat raw meat because i don't have a choice.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 06:46:35 am »
Fresh raw meat is the most pleasant food I have ever tasted... Also, it takes very little time or effort for me to eat... 1kilo of meat I can comfortably eat in 20mins... Could eat faster if it was a competition...

I can eat fresh raw beef every day, and every day I look forward to and enjoy it just as much as the last day..
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 06:52:49 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline onekingreigns

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 07:10:21 am »
Well, I am constantly looking to not only improve me well being, but sometimes I feel like cooking food is almost gluttony and I would like to appreciated it how it was intended. Even though I can eat pretty much any vegetable or grain and feel fine. I don't want to end up with
 aching bones and disease later on in life.

I also have been having chronic fatigue and lack of energy.

Now, with raw meat do you need to masticate it like other foods or as when it is cooked, or can you simply chew/cut it to small pieces and let your stomach digest it?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 07:49:09 am »
I hold the joint(or whatever sort of cut) in my hands, and eat it... I haven't really thought about it beyond that. I don't really remember chewing it, how much or how little. I guess I do it a little bit, but just a small natural amount so I don't really remember the process... I use no tools... and really I do not even recall what I do exactly, that is how little effort it takes me. I can only recall that I tear the meat with my teeth, and that on occasion(frequency unknown), I have torn a piece again, after it has already been in my mouth. I have no recollection of ever having any trouble eating any raw meat and I have eaten all cuts..

I am not conscious of having swallowed any meat, nor of having chewed it... I just remember that I am holding it, it smells good, looks nice, then that it tastes nice, and then that it is gone...
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 08:22:12 am »
So unless your taste greatly adapts overtime...
It does for most.

or there is a better way than spending an hour trying to chew through a piece of meat;
it seems sort of hard to continue.
I cube my meat with a knife and eat the cubes. Have you tried something like this yet?
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 08:23:07 am »
I win.

By the way.. My taste didn't adapt over time... In the beginning I started by eating meat which unbeknown to me had chemical preservatives in(supermarket beef mince), which become neutralised with cooking... Then, I ate meat which was not fresh.

As soon as I was eating meat which was actually fresh, it was WONDERFUL! I did not realise there was anything wrong with the meat I was eating, then my parents picked up some fresh rump and topside joints for themselves. They said I could have one. I was expecting it to be like the rest of the meat I'd had so I approached it tentatively, but as soon as I tasted it I wolfed it down, along with all the rest of the joints they had bought, which they didn't want me to have...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 08:31:14 am by miles »

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 08:28:32 am »
I win.
Sure, I guess. ;D

By the way.. My taste didn't adapt over time...
Well, I did say most. You, being miles, are the exception. Hence winning the internets. ;)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2010, 08:50:02 am »

Offline onekingreigns

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 09:10:48 am »
The only thing that I have tried so far is hanger steak which I cut in to small pieces; some of it I'm making into high meat.

I'm just so keen to eating spicy/flavorful warm meals, and it's hard to adapt to eating some raw cold cuts.

Offline NEUROSPORT

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 09:18:12 am »
If your body agrees with grains, why are you even here?

because i am a genius, i am better than everybody else, and everything that has to do with me must be better than everything about other people.

i don't understand the idiotic notion that you have to get sick first in order to start taking care of your health.  some humans have a BRAIN.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 10:32:27 am »
because i am a genius, i am better than everybody else, and everything that has to do with me must be better than everything about other people.

i don't understand the idiotic notion that you have to get sick first in order to start taking care of your health.  some humans have a BRAIN.

Why are you here?

Why don't you understand?  Are you a total and complete idiot?

I know first hand that people practicing a raw paleo diet didn't first decide to change diet because they finally got sick.  What are you two years old?  Plenty of us switched to raw paleo or other wholesome diets because we know it's right.  So you only changed your diet because someone calls you genius?  That someone probably being yourself?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk