Author Topic: Do we have a natural instinct to kill?  (Read 7286 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Do we have a natural instinct to kill?
« on: July 03, 2010, 05:47:11 pm »
Just a theory but is it possible that homicides are committed because we no longer get to fulfill the instinct of killing animals?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 06:08:28 pm by kurite »
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Do we have a natural instinct to kill?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 08:18:15 pm »
I don't agree with the concept.
Killing for food is different from homicides.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Dwight

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 09:21:47 pm »
Land? Slaves? Ritual sacrifices?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 09:58:28 pm »
Ritual sacrifices were done in empires... Land was only fought over when tribes grew in to empires... Slaves were only used in empires... These things are to do with civilisation...
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Savage

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 12:04:36 am »
Just a theory but is it possible that homicides are committed because we no longer get to fulfill the instinct of killing animals?

What type of homicides? Under what circumstances?

Some of these homicides might, some might have nothing to do with it, unless you have a specific case or even a hypothetical case, it is impossible to answer that question.

Offline actionhero

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 05:05:46 am »
We have an instinct to kill those who pose a threat to our family.

You would notice this instinct if someone raped your little niece.

Your rational mind would tell you to go to the police.

But your emotions want you to go and kill the raper.

Nothing to do with not killing animals.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 05:31:33 am by actionhero »
A P E X   P R E D A T O R

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 04:02:57 pm »
Warfare between humans(or between chimps even) is a very natural instinct, present even in palaeo times. Nothing to do with killing animals, IMO.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 05:15:46 pm »
Homicides as serial killers commit them seem to stem more from mental and emotional instability usually caused by a poor upbringing, rather than any actual instinct to kill for food, especially seeing how most do not consume their victims.  I see this as a purely human condition, since animals in nature do not kill for no other reason than the pleasure of it like humans do.

As for humans having some innate instinct to kill, I did notice during my recent visit to Knott's Berry Farm, which allows chickens to roam free around the park, that pretty much every child and even some adults wanted to chase them.  It was most people's impulse to go after them, including my own, and that seems to me to show some sort of instinct to kill for food.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 09:18:10 pm »
Many animals actually kill members of their own species for other reasons than food(lions and chimpanzees are classic examples)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 10:53:34 pm »
I think society has conditioned us to think it is repulsive to kill for any reason, even for food. However, for the good of humanity, I dont think we have an innate desire to kill for no reason at all, except for food. Although, has anyone ever read anything by Plato? He postulated that people were born with a certain spirit which would make them either producers, warriors, or philosopher kings. The people who seem to be more aggressive and seemed that they could kill were the ones chosen to be warriors. I feel that people like cereal killers should be soldiers or something like in Platos time. It is possible that they need an outlet for their desires.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 03:18:03 am »
I feel that people like cereal killers should be soldiers or something like in Platos time.

That's us, right..?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 04:17:14 am »
yeah cause we kill cereal lol :D thats what we do. LMAO
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk