Author Topic: Mixing Acidic and Alkaline Foods  (Read 9445 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Mixing Acidic and Alkaline Foods
« on: August 06, 2008, 03:11:20 am »
I eat one meal a day. I'm a mono eater. I eat my meat first then my plants. Should i not eat them in a close time frame even though I'm a mono eater?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Mixing Acidic and Alkaline Foods
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 03:35:25 am »
I usually prefer eating any food separately from any other food(ie half and hour between each). The only exception is suet and marrow which I use with my meats.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 06:06:48 am »
I usually prefer eating any food separately from any other food(ie half and hour between each). The only exception is suet and marrow which I use with my meats.
Sooo, explain alkaline and acid and mixing ...and i'm confused :-[...i just recently been hearing about alkaline and stuff...anyone mind explaining or posting a link please... :)

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 06:28:11 am »
Yeah, the whole acidic/alkaline thing goes over my head a bit...

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 06:42:30 am »
Yeah, the whole acidic/alkaline thing goes over my head a bit...
feels good when your not alone... :)

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 06:50:02 am »
OOOOH man I just typed a long ass post about acids and bases and submitted it but the forum did that thing where it asked me if I wanted to submit it still because there was a response while I was typing it and I automatically clicked the close tab on my browser so I lost it. OHHH BOY that's annoying.

Ok well I'll try and paraphrase it. There are different definitions of acids and bases such as the Bronstead/Lowry and Lewis definitions. But to put them all together you would say an acid is a molecule that can give off a hydrogen ion (proton) or accept an electron pair. A base (alkaline) is a molecule that can accept an hydroxide ion or contribute a lone pair of electrons.

Different foods contribute in different ways to the balance of acids and bases in the body, which can be measured by pH. pH is the negative logarithmic transformation of the hydrogen ion concentration. In effect the lower the pH is the higher the hydrogen ion concentration (acidity) and each number corresponds to a magnitude of order (power of ten).

Different parts of your body work best with different pH levels, they have chemical buffers to keep pH within an acceptable range, and once outside of the acceptable range problems can be caused.

How different ingested chemicals (food) contributes to internal pH in different parts of the body is a topic for dozens of threads.

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 07:04:40 am »
What he said.

Also if I may add you may want to think about transit time as well. Dr. Stanley Bass feels that the order of your food is more important than combining properly, I think I'll have to check, it's been a while- but that aside, your plants will travel faster out of your body than the meat, so you may want to eat your plants first. They'll be zooming down the pipe while the dead animal carcass is just nearing the clearing...

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 09:53:58 am »
OOOOH man I just typed a long ass post about acids and bases and submitted it but the forum did that thing where it asked me if I wanted to submit it still because there was a response while I was typing it and I automatically clicked the close tab on my browser so I lost it. OHHH BOY that's annoying.

Ok well I'll try and paraphrase it. There are different definitions of acids and bases such as the Bronstead/Lowry and Lewis definitions. But to put them all together you would say an acid is a molecule that can give off a hydrogen ion (proton) or accept an electron pair. A base (alkaline) is a molecule that can accept an hydroxide ion or contribute a lone pair of electrons.

Different foods contribute in different ways to the balance of acids and bases in the body, which can be measured by pH. pH is the negative logarithmic transformation of the hydrogen ion concentration. In effect the lower the pH is the higher the hydrogen ion concentration (acidity) and each number corresponds to a magnitude of order (power of ten).

Different parts of your body work best with different pH levels, they have chemical buffers to keep pH within an acceptable range, and once outside of the acceptable range problems can be caused.

How different ingested chemicals (food) contributes to internal pH in different parts of the body is a topic for dozens of threads.

gah! I hate when things like that happen!

As far as your post, I appreciate the info but its the last part (about the different ingested foods contribute to internal pH) is what is so confusing!
Certain acidic foods actually alkalize your body! Meats are extremely acidifying! Things that can't survive in the pH of your stomach! pH doesn't matter at all!
Yes, so very confusing.

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 02:24:53 pm »

Here is Dr. Bass' Sequential eating and food combining concept:

http://drbass.com/sequential.html
It’s time to Eat Like An Animal!

xylothrill

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 06:44:19 pm »

Oh no! I've learned to go ahead and submit and then see if I need to edit or delete it depending on what had been posted. Either that or copy what you'd written, check the new post and see if you'd still like make one and paste it back in. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 08:40:29 pm »
As far as your post, I appreciate the info but its the last part (about the different ingested foods contribute to internal pH) is what is so confusing!
Certain acidic foods actually alkalize your body! Meats are extremely acidifying! Things that can't survive in the pH of your stomach! pH doesn't matter at all!
Yes, so very confusing.

Just thought I should add that raw meats are much, much less acidic than cooked meats. Also, the more processed a food is the more acidic it is(part  of processing , after all, involves creating an acidic environment that's hsotile to bacteria).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 05:51:50 am »
Here is Dr. Bass' Sequential eating and food combining concept:

http://drbass.com/sequential.html
Enjoyable read...i'm going to try it out and take the advice from the link

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk