Author Topic: High Meat  (Read 9778 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
High Meat
« on: July 06, 2010, 04:23:27 pm »
How often can one make and eat high meat? In other words, if I used it as a constant source for concentration/school work, would I wend being sick?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: High Meat
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 03:31:05 pm »
If you prepare it properly re airing it regularly, then you should  be fine. I have eaten entire high meat meals without issues, at various times. But I doubt that it is necessary to eat it all the time - I for example get full (short-term)benefits therefrom with just eating 2 inch-cubed chunks in 1 day.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 07:20:18 am »
Can anybody give me instructions/advice on how to make high meat?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 07:37:52 am »
Can anybody give me instructions/advice on how to make high meat?
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/display-your-culinary-creations/high-meat-recipe-preparation-for-more-advanced-rafers/
It's got it's own thread in the culinary section.
You basically take a leaner cut of protein, cut it up into bite sized pieces, and put it in a container to age. Air out every couple of days if refrigerated or once a day if left out (even more frequently if it's really hot out). The longer it ages the more meat-digesting bacteria is has and the better it is for you.
FYI make sure to air it out outside; you do not want that stink in your house. ;)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 10:42:04 am »
Should one go raw paleo for a certain amount of time before trying high meat?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 04:55:45 pm »
It's usually recommended to wait 1 year after going for RVAF diets as by then one is fully used to eating raw, fresh meats and can start with high-meat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 06:39:06 am »
I went right into high meat about two months into the diet with no issues

The first time or two it had a mild laxative effect, but I felt fine

I think it was the raw eggs I would eat with it, because I noticed that after I switched to eatting red meat with fat and high lamb I was good to go

I still eat an occasional egg with high meat, I believe the bacteria rapidly inoculate the egg before digestion, and triggers some type of positive cleansing effect(just theory).

I don't eat it every day, Depending upon my whims I will eat it for two days and leave it for three, I did notice that if I eat it for more than three days it does lose its effects

I will eat it in the morning and work construction all day without fatigue,
where as I suffered chronic fatigue for 4 years prior to this diet
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 02:58:26 pm »
Can you just store the meat outside the fridge (in the house at about 60-70F) in mason jars? If so, does it speed up the process? How long would it take to get really high?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 03:02:16 pm »
Can you just store the meat outside the fridge (in the house at about 60-70F) in mason jars? If so, does it speed up the process? How long would it take to get really high?
  You need to avoid the house getting stunk out, so keeping it in the fridge is best. Keep it outside the house, if you must, that should speed up the aging process to 1 week or so, I think.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 08:55:02 pm »
Keeping the jars with high-meat in the moderate temperature requires more frequent airing.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 12:54:53 pm »
i also start high meat with raw meat. i'm asian indian, so, i'm kind of familiar about rotten fish and i love them always.
bugs or country chickens

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 04:23:08 am »
anyone done high meat with liver? I've been doing it just because I bought 2 whole livers x) but they leak out a lot of blood that seems to protect them from bacteria growth, even after I can't drain anymore there seems to be more still ._.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 05:06:50 am »
anyone done high meat with liver? I've been doing it just because I bought 2 whole livers x) but they leak out a lot of blood that seems to protect them from bacteria growth, even after I can't drain anymore there seems to be more still ._.
I hate high meat in the form of liver. It turns quickly into a liquid soup.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 06:29:34 am »
anyone done high meat with liver?
Yeah, I've done it. The smell is very pleasant - it reminds me of the smell of wild fruits. The taste is strong ;)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 01:24:00 pm »
many times i make high meat with liver.  i think we need to be more careful not to take fresh liver and fermented liver on same day though!  -\
bugs or country chickens

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 10:54:02 am »
Is there anyway to expedite the process? Ive had for meat in a mason jar for about 3 weeks (airing about every day) and it seems to be taking forever. I'm leaving at the end of next week and it needs to be eaten or thrown out by then. It still seems mostly red and not that smelly.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 11:31:20 pm »
I may have asked this before but is there any specific time of day or time in relation to other foods that HM should be had? More specifically is there some article written on the subject? I know there is a move afoot to make a book or reference here on the site on raw food. This topic gets asked repeatedly here so maybe if someone could do up an article and post it for review?? Maybe make it a sticky???

I do not notice any really big difference when eating HM in regards to mood altering, but then I only eat a small 1 CC piece at a time. Maybe I'll try your meal suggestion Tyler.

We started eating it about 2 months into the raw diet with no problems. The smell and taste don't bother me. We have fish, chicken and beef.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 12:02:34 am »
Ideally, high-meat needs to be stored for 4 weeks to get the relevant effect, plus I found that eating at least 2 cubic inches of high meat was needed to get the full benefits re mood. Speeding up high meat preparation requires one to either air it outside the house(within 2 plastic bags) or at least greatly reduce the coldness of the fridge.

We already have a high-meat preparation thread on this forum:-

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/display-your-culinary-creations/high-meat-recipe-preparation-for-more-advanced-rafers/

If people want to add extra stuff re HM, best to PM me and I will add it into that 1st post.

As for when to eat it, best to do so mornings or afternoons as 1 woman complained that she was so wired after eating HM in the evenings that she couldn`t get to sleep.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 12:54:49 am »
Tyler,
Thanks for the excellent link and well written post.  I just tried a larger volume and it sure tastes strong! LOL. It was started back in January this year.

That's a good idea to add it to the first post as the thread is long and meanders.
Cheers
Al

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 02:46:56 am »
many times i make high meat with liver.  i think we need to be more careful not to take fresh liver and fermented liver on same day though!  -\
Why is that? Also for those who have done it with liver you didn't have any problems with the liver leaking a lot of blood that seems to protect the liver from bacteria growth?

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 03:20:36 am »
ISpeeding up high meat preparation requires one to either air it outside the house(within 2 plastic bags) or at least greatly reduce the coldness of the fridge.

For storing it outside: When you say 2 plastic bags, do you mean air tight zip loc bags? And would I still only air the mason jar once a day for a minute?If its already been stored for about 3 weeks in the fridge, how long would it take to finsih becoming "high" outside in Fall temperatures.

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 12:20:46 pm »
bump

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 03:10:34 pm »
Already answered via PM.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk