Author Topic: Swallowing non-chewable parts of meat  (Read 2766 times)

Offline kgeckert

• Forager
    • View Profile
Swallowing non-chewable parts of meat
« on: July 08, 2010, 04:23:08 am »
Hi there paleo people,
I have been 100% raw paleo for almost three months.  One thing I can't seem to get an answer for is: am I supposed to swallow the parts of meats and chicken that can't really be chewed?  I have really sensitive and weak digestion, so mostly I spit them back out after chewing for a long time, but it's kinda gross.  People are already weirded out by the raw meat thing. 

Thanks for your help!

Offline actionhero

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Swallowing non-chewable parts of meat
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 05:55:51 am »
A P E X   P R E D A T O R

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 08:13:07 pm »
Yeah, I usually just swallow them.  Cut or break them into swallow-able pieces, and down they go.  I've never seen anything come out recognizable in my feces, so I assume they digest.  I tend to eat a lot of connective tissue, and have found that joint problems in my knees and ankles have gotten much better in the last few months.  I can't prove this is from eating a lot of raw connective tissue, of course, but the positive correlation between the two is interesting.

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 01:38:26 am »
wouldn`t it be better to grind the meat before eating it? Then you can chew all of it and it might be better digestibel.

Offline kgeckert

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 08:27:37 am »
Thanks everyone for the info.  I've been swallowing the connective tissue and it seems to be fine.
 Noel: I do often grind my meat, but I still often get the wads of unchewable stuff.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk