Author Topic: Grass-fed meat in Tallinn, Estonia? or in Helsinki, Finland?  (Read 5021 times)

Offline nummytummy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Does anyone know where to buy grass-fed meat in Estonia, particularly in Tallinn? Or in Finland? Helsinki?

I'm going on a trip very soon.

Thank you!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Grass-fed meat in Tallinn, Estonia? or in Helsinki, Finland?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 05:15:50 pm »
There's a former Estonian("whitetiger/"White Tiger")? who might be able to help you. He's a rawpaleoforum member.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline mors

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 07:17:53 pm »
Hey, just in case anyone still needs this.
The best sourse of organic meat and milk in Tallinn is otsetarbijale.eu, the prices are very good as well. Highly reccomend it!
Organic eggs can be bought on Nomme market (there is a kiosk with eggs), not overpriced either. Organic meat can also be found there (inside the big hall by the entrance), as well as free-range chickens and other poultry.
piim24.eu also sell goats milk in several places on certain days.
There are several other websites and small stores that sell mahetoit, but I haven't tried those.

Now if anyone could tell me where can I purchase game meat and local raw butter and cream and maybe anything else that's good without it being overpriced? Or directly from the sourse?

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 05:32:33 pm »
Game meat you need to find  the hunters. Or ask in a good supermarket like Stockmanns at the meat counter where they get their elk meat from and if they can order some for you (organs etc) but try to find hunters and buy from them. Here in Finland I can buy frozen elk meat and reindeer too in many supermarkets.

I have a farm not too far from where I live, Gårdskulla, they have grassfed Angus beef cattle and I drive there a few times / month and buy my meat directly from them. I get organs, tongue, fat etc. they are great! Located about 60 km west from Helsinki.

If someone in Estonia comes to Helsinki often and want their meat I can buy it and then bring it to Helsinki city so you can buy it from me. If you want. It is not very cheap - but to a cheaper price than you pay at the meat counter- but very good quality. Just PM me if interested.

You can also try to order from Germany, max.metzger.de They have grassfed beef too and not expensive. You get fat and heart there too, very cheap. They have sent to me to Finland many times so it should not be an issue, just write them an email and ask, remember to ask for grassfed beef, as they sell other stuff to (not grassfed)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 05:38:13 pm »
I have not seen raw butter and cream here at all. Only raw goats and cow milk, at the Ruohonjuuri shop in Helsinki, Kamppi

I sometimes eat the French President butter, it is not raw but the best tasting I have seen here so far. It is salted with real sea salt, and it is grassfed AFAIK
Not ideal of course. But works somehow. I also have ordered from Austria, raw grassfed butter. It is very good. They send it here too and I bet to Estonia too. Google Schätze in Österreich

Offline mors

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 01:13:24 am »
Hello Inger!
Yes, I have seen game meat in stockmann and other supermarkets, but it's not only too expensive for me (I am a 22-y.o. student), but also frozen (I would prefer fresh). So I'm looking for a place that sells it for a reasonable price (altho I don't really know what price is reasonable for game meat as I have never purchased it before). I'll be looking for ways to contact local hunters.)
I usually buy my organic beef (not sure if entirely grassfed tho) for 5-15 euros per 1 kg. (Usually around 8 euros).
I might travel to Helsinki sometime. If I do - it would be lovely to purchase some meat there. )
I have found only one brand of butter which is marked "from fresh cream", does it mean it's raw? It's Parmareggio Burro, in Stockmann. But I would prefer to find something more or less local.. I might try purchasing that Austrian butter though, thank you. )

Also, off topic, I just wanted to say that you are quite an inspiration for me, Inger. ,) I have watched some of your videos and read a bit of your diary before finally making the decision to try a raw meat diet. So, thank you! ,)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk