Author Topic: Solutions for world hunger?  (Read 4692 times)

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
Solutions for world hunger?
« on: July 11, 2010, 09:10:22 am »
I love the zero-carb ideal but if everyone on the planet ate only meat(mainly anyway),would it be sustainable?

For example,when I think of the cost to feed the starving children in poor counties like some in Africa,I wonder how it could be done? I know grains are cheap and donated on a much more masive scale...but it's unfortunately unhealthy.So,what to do? :(

"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Solutions for world hunger?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 09:45:51 am »
It is not for me to pay for overpopulation. A world of fewer, but healthier, leaner individuals is much better.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 10:19:55 am »
The truth is there is really no way to ever sustain a group of 8 billion+ people on all meat diets. However I will say that as long as its possible for you why not take advantage? I personally don't like the idea of only eating meat (im omnivorous) but it really comes down to what your comfortable with.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 10:28:31 am »
I think of the cost to feed the starving children in poor counties like some in Africa

that's the biggest BS that people fall for.  the best for everybody is not to feed them at all.  if you start feeding those poor starving children guess what happens? they grow up and produce 10 times more starving poor children.  and now you have to feed 10 times more people.  10 times is a bit of exaggeration but you get the picture.

if the country cannot sustain itself, decades of feeding does not do any good.  there are many countries and regions in Africa that are dependent on food donations since forever.  and their population keep growing thanks to morons like Bono, Madonna, and other clueless idiots, and of course corrupted UN.  instead of cutting all the aid and let them figure out how to sustain themselves, these idiots keep feeding them and creating never ending pyramid disaster.

the same thing happens when you start feeding wild animals.  they just multiply like crazy and ask for more food.  of course starving children are not animals, but the result is the same.

i have no problem helping when there is one-time natural disaster, but never ending feeding is just wrong.

do not worry about the world, start with yourself, your family and friends.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 12:17:37 pm »
Wow, never thought of it like that.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 01:04:15 pm »
YS: Nice post.However,the Africa thing is one example.How about in a case like China.They feed themselves, but mainly grains (as we all know).What if they tried to switch to zero-carb? Does a country like that have the grassland/livestock to sustain it?
Or India,also being grain fed.With their religious beliefs against killing cows,what then?

p.s. Of course I'm trying to take care of myself first,just like you guys(and ladies).That's not the issue.I just want to hear ideas on a broader/global scale.I mean,if we can talk about "global warming" or "global economy",why not discuss "global zero-carb" as well?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 03:11:52 pm by King Salmon »
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 02:20:01 pm »
I personally don't think it could even come close to happening. Even if more raw paleos started popping up it would never be on a global scale let alone raw zero carb.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 08:06:03 pm »
I'd be satisfied if all of Africa sunk to the ocean floor.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 10:33:19 pm »
How about in a case like China. What if they tried to switch to zero-carb?

nothing is going to change for China, it'll be exactly the same as they are now.  most people in China always preferred animal products.  of course not everyone can afford it daily so they get by with plant food.  it's not a matter of want, it's a matter of can i afford it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 10:36:41 pm »
You let commerce go about its business.

When people have figured out a better way than this current money system we can then be creative.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk