Author Topic: non refrigerated pasture eggs..  (Read 5226 times)

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
non refrigerated pasture eggs..
« on: July 14, 2010, 12:20:31 am »
where do you guys buy non refrigerated pasture raised eggs?

i can buy pasture eggs at whole foods but they are in the fridge..does refrigeration mess it up?

djr_81

Re: non refrigerated pasture eggs..
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 12:22:05 am »
I would think they're fine in a fridge.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 01:22:19 am »
Yah they're fine if put in the fridge.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 02:59:20 am »
where do you guys buy non refrigerated pasture raised eggs?
i can buy pasture eggs at whole foods but they are in the fridge..does refrigeration mess it up?

Where do you live?

If the farm that whole foods bought it from is marked on the box, there's your answer. Or look one up in the yellow pages or maybe check out your local Weston Price group and ask them.

We get them straight from the farmer. No need to refrigerate them and in fact we buy a case or more at a time so we have less trips and we put them in the basement. No probs. 100 year old eggs are a delicacy to the Chinese.

Stay away from farms that have a factory look to them or the people talk about biosecurity or food-security. What they really mean is that they have a CAFO "Confined Animal Farming Operation" and their eggs etc have been raised in very very unnatural conditions no matter what the box says.

Even pasture fed or raised on the box doesn't necessarily mean that they are. Package labelling is an art of deception. It's an art that the government is heavily into.

We do not refrigerate eggs because we have the option.
Cheers
Al

Offline tdister

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 07:06:50 am »
No probs. 100 year old eggs are a delicacy to the Chinese.

From what i understand, they just call them 100-1000 year old eggs. they are really just preserved and not nearly that old. Like, not more than a few months old.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 07:33:25 am »
Thanks for the clarification. I just read that it is more like 100 days.
Cheers
Al

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 09:45:58 am »
When I was on a trip in England, I noticed that eggs there are always unrefrigerated.

Aajonus claims that refrigerating eggs reduces levels of beneficial bacteria, and that if you buy refrigerated eggs, you should leave them out on the counter for at least 24 hours, to allow bacteria levels to come back up, before eating them.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 10:05:29 am »
if you get eggs from a farm, you can leave them out for a fare amount of time @ proper temp as mentioned.

If you are buying already refrigerated eggs, it makes little sense to leave them out, although taking them out the night before or 3-6 hrs or so is better before consuming raw.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk