Author Topic: High-Meat-Recipe Preparation For More Advanced RAFers  (Read 239655 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: High-Meat-Recipe Preparation For More Advanced RAFers
« Reply #225 on: January 07, 2013, 04:32:21 am »
Well, I consider it necessary. May be just my imagination but I found that the high-meat effect was not as effective with meat that was not properly or regularly aerated.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nora

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2013, 06:31:25 am »
For some unknown reason one of my 5 jars of fermenting high meat is sort of drying out and not fermenting as well as the other 4. I really don't know what I could have done differently with that one. The other 4 are all red and bloody and wet but this one is more brownish and sticky. I think it needs to be wetter to ferment properly. Adding water did not feel quite right to me, so I had this other idea. I had about 2 oz. of blood saved from frozen grass-fed Tibetan Yak liver in my freezer, so I thawed that and added it to the jar. It has moistened it all up really nicely. Now it remains to be seen whether it gets "higher".

Another interesting development, and a question:
I have had some grass fed beef dry aging on a plate in my fridge for about 10 days (turning them regularly). Just this morning I have noticed the first sign of a dry-ish mold growing on the edges of the meat. I am assuming that those moldy parts of the meat are good to eat just as they are. Correct? I think I'll wait for some confirmation from those of you more experienced RAFers before I take the plunge and eat my first ever meat-mold. It does not smell high or fermented or anything. It just smells like a more concentrated meat-smell.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2013, 06:33:56 am »
Mold on meat whether dried or wet is fine to eat. I've never heard of issues with it.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2013, 01:21:04 pm »
Thinking on how to avoid the effort of opening high meat jars to air them got me thinking about a breathable jar lid. First up to try was to cut up a clean vacuum cleaner bag as the lid, since it is dense enough to stop maggots getting through, and porous enough for gas exchange. I have just started off a batch of diced liver to see if this works.  O0

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 09, 2013, 09:08:40 pm »
Thinking on how to avoid the effort of opening high meat jars to air them got me thinking about a breathable jar lid. First up to try was to cut up a clean vacuum cleaner bag as the lid, since it is dense enough to stop maggots getting through, and porous enough for gas exchange. I have just started off a batch of diced liver to see if this works.  O0

I would just use a piece of panty hose. stretched fairly tight over the surface of the jar.

Offline MarkC

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 10, 2013, 10:53:59 pm »
Thanks Tyler, I've started churning it and aerating for a few seconds every day, it's coming along really well and smells good! I can't wait to taste it.

Do you find fatty meat or fatty fish ferment better or worse than lean meat or white fish?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #231 on: January 10, 2013, 11:09:23 pm »
Thanks Tyler, I've started churning it and aerating for a few seconds every day, it's coming along really well and smells good! I can't wait to taste it.

Do you find fatty meat or fatty fish ferment better or worse than lean meat or white fish?
Hmm, I've tried a wide number of fermented raw meats, and the only ones I ever really liked re taste were raw beef/ox heart(minus all the white fat) and raw beef/ox tongue(c.50-60% fat). They all seemed to age really well, but the problem was that I found that most raw aged muscle-meat became seemingly highly toxic to me once it reached the "high-meat" stage(but only then), and I just found the taste of raw aged seafood, aged raw eggs  to taste foul.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2013, 07:43:36 am »
The high liver with the breathable lid worked well, coming out high and slightly dried. The high beef got covered in a white mould so I have gone back to a solid lid for that and now the mould has died off and vanished.

I don't have panty hose CK, but coffee filters seem another good option for this.

This morning I dug up an old hock of lamb that has been buried in our organic garden for several months. The meat had disappeared so I ate some of the better preserved dry fatty bits, and added pieces to a new batch of high beef heart to inoculate it with good bacteria from the ground.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:00:24 am by alive »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2013, 11:05:41 am »
I keep mine outside  in a plastic beach cooler with a stone on top. It sits in the shade only.   i stir with a knife at least once a day and spin in circles with the jar lid off to get fresh air in. 

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 24, 2013, 07:46:32 am »
Do we have a bit of a consensus on whether or not meat that was frozen will get high? I've got 2 week old lamb liver that was frozen.

Sounds like the word on the street is heart is tasty-est when made high?
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
« Reply #235 on: July 06, 2013, 11:49:44 am »
I have not tried aged meat yet but to me it is strange that one are using a aerobic process when the human body is anerobic and the bacteria in the meat will die when eaten? Might it be the endotixins created by the dying bacteria that we react to and not the living bacteria inside us?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 06, 2013, 02:28:17 pm »
Do we have a bit of a consensus on whether or not meat that was frozen will get high? I've got 2 week old lamb liver that was frozen.

Sounds like the word on the street is heart is tasty-est when made high?

Not on my street! My tastiest morsels of liver and heart are either fresh or aged by hanging them in the refrigerator. Aged is a stronger taste, an acquired taste.

High meat is a "morsel" or "spoonful" food, as far as I'm concerned. If someone makes a whole meal of high meat, then I say to that person, "U da man!"
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 07, 2013, 10:38:22 am »
I've often wondered how nutritional the high meat is. In terms of fuel. I know ot greatly benefits well being. I enjoy it already. But every meal for a week, how would that turn out? Does AV do that?

I know fruits and veggies lose the nutrient content as they age (50% total nutrients 4 days after being cut). Does it work the same for meat, or does it no biodegrade that way?
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline Sorentus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 10, 2014, 05:48:40 am »
So can I make high meat from a stainless steel pot? I have been having grounded beef in a stainless steel pot covered by a metal lid and it gets better every day, is that safe?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:51:06 am by TylerDurden »

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 15, 2015, 01:24:52 am »
I have tried high chicken and can confirm it tastes great!   Never tried high pork has anyone else?

Offline NeoHomoSapien

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 02, 2016, 07:53:24 am »
What about eggs, has anyone tried making high raw eggs?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 02, 2016, 09:13:42 am »
I've often wondered how nutritional the high meat is. In terms of fuel. I know ot greatly benefits well being. I enjoy it already. But every meal for a week, how would that turn out? Does AV do that?

I know fruits and veggies lose the nutrient content as they age (50% total nutrients 4 days after being cut). Does it work the same for meat, or does it no biodegrade that way?

It becomes higher in some nutrients, like vitamin K-2, and lower in others, like vitamin C. Many nutrients are mostly unaffected, like minerals.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #242 on: January 02, 2016, 08:07:42 pm »
What about eggs, has anyone tried making high raw eggs?
  I have tried eating raw "high" eggs. It was a disaster for me. Everyone is different, I found I could only handle raw, aged heart or raw, aged tongue for my "high-meat". Anything else either tasted bland or too disgusting for words. Many others can easily handle raw "high" fish or raw "high" muscle-meat  or raw "high" eggs etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #243 on: January 02, 2016, 08:09:25 pm »
Eating high-meat every meal for a week is a good idea as  it replenishes the body's bacteria levels. However, in time, the beneficial effect the excess bacteria in high-meat have on the immune-system and one's well-being tends to disappear after a time as the body gets used to the bacteria, so that one has to leave a pause for a few months and then start again.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 20, 2016, 06:04:44 pm »
Plastic is a very bad idea for high meats as all the digestive juices that the bacteria produce to break down the meat will make the plastic leech BPAs and all sort of other toxins over time. Plastic top is fine though, as that wouldn't be in direct contact with the meat or the juices.

Regarding botulism, I'm not sure but I think that the real danger with botulism is when the bacteria are feeding on cooked foods. Most of the cases of botulism come from canned foods, which are always cooked. Although I would air the container often just in case.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 08, 2016, 07:52:00 am »
Any advice/recipe to age eggs?
Going to make a mix of clayey soil with wood ash. And cover eggs with that mix.

But would like to try other way too!

Ideas?? What about fermenting whole uncracked eggs on liquid? What have you tried?

I have tried 6 eggs that were sitting rolled on newspaper for 1 year. And some of them are delicious.. Some very amonium strong flavor (itchs in the throat if not ensalivated enough)
But they kinda dried.. They are not like century eggs that seems to keep all moisture within the egg

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 08, 2016, 09:04:58 am »
Plastic is a very bad idea for high meats as all the digestive juices that the bacteria produce to break down the meat will make the plastic leech BPAs and all sort of other toxins over time. Plastic top is fine though, as that wouldn't be in direct contact with the meat or the juices.

Regarding botulism, I'm not sure but I think that the real danger with botulism is when the bacteria are feeding on cooked foods. Most of the cases of botulism come from canned foods, which are always cooked. Although I would air the container often just in case.

They have cases of botulism with raw wild game meat pretty often in Alaska. It's the lack of oxygen that causes it.

Offline Healthiswealth

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 27, 2016, 05:28:23 am »
    I do it twice a day. 

Hey, Hope all is well!

I have a question regarding probiotic. I read the book "The Raw Paleo Diet" and it stated that we don't need probiotic supplements if we're on a raw paleo diet because we get it from the raw meat we're eating. I see that people are always taking probiotics. How do I know if I'm missing or need to take probiotic?

Also, I see you make your own high meat. Is it possible you can share the recipe on how to make my own at home? What amount do you eat of it and how often do you eat it?

Thanks!

Offline Healthiswealth

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 27, 2016, 05:32:15 am »
    I do it twice a day. 

Hey, Hope all is well!

I have a question regarding probiotic. I read the book "The Raw Paleo Diet" and it stated that we don't need probiotic supplements if we're on a raw paleo diet because we get it from the raw meat we're eating. I see that people are always taking probiotics. How do I know if I'm missing or need to take probiotic?

Also, I see you make your own high meat. Is it possible you can share the recipe on how to make my own at home? What amount do you eat of it and how often do you eat it?

Thanks!

Offline Core

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 09, 2017, 12:27:41 am »
The top of my high meat is covered in green stuff and some bubble action is happening. Is that ok or should I throw it out? Its been maybe 2 weeks total and I forgot to air it for a few days, not sure if its still good?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk