Author Topic: High-Meat-Recipe Preparation For More Advanced RAFers  (Read 239703 times)

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: High-Meat-Recipe Preparation For More Advanced RAFers
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2011, 01:46:24 am »
Ive been hanging a lamb in my shed for the past week and just cutting pieces of it as needed. No refrigeration. Its just now starting to get high, There is a yellowish green surface slime that is beginning to form but the interior meat is still nice and red.

Maggots have taken over the remainder of my bull skull so I threw it to my chickens. I probably have some of the healthiest eggs available. Chickens, free ranged and then fed scraps of high meat infested with juicy maggots(all raised on grassfed).

I have this one chicken that has been living on the cow skull all week eating its fill of maggots, then she leaves me one of the most beautiful eggs every day.

I'm so jealous! I want maggots for my chickens so bad. This spring I'm going to start a black soldier fly maggot composting system for them. That's such a good tip of how to use any high meat that you might not want or if it goes a bit too high for you. Never too high for flies and maggots and chickens! :)

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2011, 11:25:24 pm »
    @Adora, why not put it below ground. I think it's about fifty degrees F all over the planet four feet and more in the soil all year round. When I Didn't refrigerated highmeat I did it in an earthenware pot (like the terracotta planters) below ground level in my basement when it was warm upstairs and cooler below.

Funny we bury people six feet under where the temperature is conducive to healthful bacteria, but we add vaccine preservative formaldehyde so that doesn't happen. Why do we live our lives above ground where temperatures are less stable? Please don't mind my babble.

Hi Raw Zia - I just saw this. Thanks for the idea, it sounds great. I like thinking about putting it outside under the ground in a hole. Thanks again for helping me to eat high meat for the first time. I finshed that off and I'm waiting for my thanks giving turkey left overs to get high, and some lamb liver and kidney too. I think I want you to walk me through it again. Each day I air it out I think I'll be ready, but I keep putting it back.
  The air in my basement is yucky. I don't know if I want my meat to breathe that stuff. Homes are kind of yucky places. It seems out side would be healthier, but more work. I probably won't do either this year, just the refrigerator method. Next year I'll be more creative.

know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Justaraw

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2012, 06:34:37 am »
I think it's more to do with combining cooked with raw or eating aged, cooked meats, along with the fact that people on cooked diets have compromised immune-systems and extreme allergenic response to bacteria and foodstuffs. It's no coincidence that the vast majority of deaths from food-poisoning/botulinism come from very old or very young   or people who are already very ill.

Contrary to what a few individuals may claim, you shouldn't be unusually susceptible to getting sick from combining raw high meat, or raw meat with a cooked food diet (unless you are a really unhealthy person in general). Just off the top, the Mongolians ate cooked meat all the time combined with their various raw sources of proteins such as mare cheeses, yogurt and milk. The Mongolians also had/have a delicacy called “green meat” which is the same as the Native American practice of burying a carcass for a year and chowing down. There you go, another example of a raw/cooked combo diet. Not to mention the Taiwanese and Japanese cultures (as mentioned earlier in this thread) who consume a mixed diet.

Yea... WAPF all the way!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:00:48 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2012, 07:03:03 am »
Well, sure if someone is eating a SAD diet as well as raw foods, then it is far more likely that problems will occur than on a healthier, mixed raw/cooked  WAPF-style diet. That said, I don't believe that mixing raw and cooked is a good idea, and that it over-stresses the body.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2012, 03:23:34 am »
Well, sure if someone is eating a SAD diet as well as raw foods, then it is far more likely that problems will occur than on a healthier, mixed raw/cooked  WAPF-style diet. That said, I don't believe that mixing raw and cooked is a good idea, and that it over-stresses the body.

Would you please explain more of how/why mixing raw and cooked over-stresses the body.
Thanks.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2012, 06:07:46 am »
Would you please explain more of how/why mixing raw and cooked over-stresses the body.
Thanks.
I mean that raw and cooked foods require different digestive processes. For example, I noticed that cooked foods require far more stomach acids to process foods than raw foods do. Also raw foods take a shorter time than cooked foods to pass through the digestive tract, which causes issues when mixing the two and so on.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2012, 06:25:35 am »
I mean that raw and cooked foods require different digestive processes. For example, I noticed that cooked foods require far more stomach acids to process foods than raw foods do. Also raw foods take a shorter time than cooked foods to pass through the digestive tract, which causes issues when mixing the two and so on.

Just to understand this more fully as I don't seem to have any more problem eating cooked and raw foods together than eating just cooked foods - why would having more stomach acid be a problem since the things that get broken down faster in more acid would just do so and the cooked would just take longer? Why would more stomach acid than necessary for the raw part be a problem? If the raw foods take a shorter time and move through faster, why would that be more of a problem than eating all cooked foods? I find that eating all raw is much easier -- that I can understand -- less work for the entire system -- but I'm afraid that I don't understand why eating as much of the food raw as possible would be negative. Would you mind please explaining this in more detail for me? I continue to assume that eating as much food as possible raw is better than choosing to eat all cooked rather than mix. For instance - if there is some cooked vegetable, I still do better eating as much of the meal as salad as possible. I also assume that my husband lightly cooking only the outside of his meat and eating it as rare as possible is better for him than thoroughly cooking the meat all the way through. I agree that all raw would be better, but it seems to me that you are saying that all cooked would be better than partially cooked. If I am wrong in this please tell me and explain more fully the details of why cooked and raw should not be eaten together. I think it could be important to understand this correctly. Thanks. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2012, 07:34:44 am »
Lightly searing one's steaks on the outside is hardly equivalent to mixing raw and cooked, since it's mostly raw. By mixing, I mean something more susbantial, like having   whole, thoroughly grilled chicken legs mixed with   raw wild hare legs, or whatever.

As regards mixing raw and cooked re digestion-time, if, say, someone eats a cooked meal, and then quickly follows it up with a raw meal, then that can cause problems, though, logically, not so much the other way round, if you see what I mean. I have experienced this myself:- If I eat too much of a cooked meal, and then follow it up with a raw meal, then I often feel the driving urge to vomit, as the raw food seems to get blocked by the cooked food still being digested. I don't get this effect, admittedly, if the amount of cooked food I eat at the same time is small, though.

As regards extra digestive acids for cooked foods, that can be a problem for those with compromised digestive systems. For example, by the time I first switched to a raw, palaeolithic diet, I had developed extremely painful stomach-aches after eating any cooked animal food whatsoever. However, when I ate any raw animal food, my stomach-pains/ulcers did not register at all.

" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2012, 02:52:34 pm »
Lightly searing one's steaks on the outside is hardly equivalent to mixing raw and cooked, since it's mostly raw. By mixing, I mean something more susbantial, like having   whole, thoroughly grilled chicken legs mixed with   raw wild hare legs, or whatever.

As regards mixing raw and cooked re digestion-time, if, say, someone eats a cooked meal, and then quickly follows it up with a raw meal, then that can cause problems, though, logically, not so much the other way round, if you see what I mean. I have experienced this myself:- If I eat too much of a cooked meal, and then follow it up with a raw meal, then I often feel the driving urge to vomit, as the raw food seems to get blocked by the cooked food still being digested. I don't get this effect, admittedly, if the amount of cooked food I eat at the same time is small, though.

As regards extra digestive acids for cooked foods, that can be a problem for those with compromised digestive systems. For example, by the time I first switched to a raw, palaeolithic diet, I had developed extremely painful stomach-aches after eating any cooked animal food whatsoever. However, when I ate any raw animal food, my stomach-pains/ulcers did not register at all.

I guess I don't understand the difference between eating a rare burger or steak or ahi tuna and eating some cooked and some raw meat as some of the meat is uncooked and some cooked in either case. What's the difference if they are on different parts of the plate?  Once chewed they are separate. They would still be two different digestive processes them wouldn't they?  What's substantial mean? If half the burger or steak or fish is cooked and the other half not, how is that less substantial?

It sounds like cooked foods in general are extremely difficult for you. That I can understand. But for those that don't have problems - I'm still not convinced that eating all cooked rather than mixing as much raw as desired/possible with that meal makes sense to me. It seems to me that you would feel sick eating cooked meal any which way or in any combination because you are so very sensitive to cooked foods.... no? I know what you mean about having a raw meal after your cooked - but might not that be more a specific thing for you since you have such a tough time digesting cooked meals? Are you convinced that would be the same for people that move cooked meals through pretty easily?

I'm still not convinced that if given the choice of having raw mixed with cooked or just cooked that just cooked would be better for most people without a stronger reasoning / argument to convince me. It's a pertinent subject since most of my husbands meals are half raw and cooked these days.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #159 on: January 07, 2012, 05:58:59 pm »
Well, actually a fully cooked meal would cause me to vomit much more than a partially raw/cooked meal, so, no, I don't advocate a fully cooked meal as being better than a mixed raw/cooked meal. And, sure, some peoples' digestion will be better at handling such a mixture.

Actually, I don't think my own digestive system is wrecked in any way. After all, all my stomach-pains etc. disappeared once I went rawpalaeo. I think that  many people, once they've been raw for many years, just eventually lose the extra automatic processes that the body normally uses to digest cooked foods.

" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2012, 06:45:14 am »
Well, actually a fully cooked meal would cause me to vomit much more than a partially raw/cooked meal, so, no, I don't advocate a fully cooked meal as being better than a mixed raw/cooked meal. And, sure, some peoples' digestion will be better at handling such a mixture.

Actually, I don't think my own digestive system is wrecked in any way. After all, all my stomach-pains etc. disappeared once I went rawpalaeo. I think that  many people, once they've been raw for many years, just eventually lose the extra automatic processes that the body normally uses to digest cooked foods.

Ok, that jives with my experiences Tyler. The more raw the better for me - mixed being better than all cooked and raw being the best. I'm not sure that when I've been raw for a long time that my body stopped having the ability to digest cooked foods - I always thought of it more like my body just decided that the cooked was unnecessary inferior stuff that should be gotten out as quickly as possible any way that was possible. I always could adapt way too quickly back to cooked foods for it to be not having the necessary equipment still in place. My body just had to register that this is what we were doing for food again - and it wasn't some awful mistake. :O

I somehow remember you saying that cooked meat made you feel bad and you got sick before finding raw paleo - did I get that wrong? What I meant to say rather than label your digestion as "wrecked" or anything of the sort (sorry if I did that) was that your body from what you said in the past seems to not "like" "want" "digest" cooked animal foods well and so it doesn't surprise me that you would feel like mixing cooked with your raw is not good or that your body would be blocked up with cooked if eating a raw meal afterward.

One of the interesting things that I find sometimes is that if I am eating a lot of or primarily raw, that when I eat raw food after a cooked meal my body will speed up the process of getting rid of the cooked meal to get it out of the way - out the bottom end. It's like my body says - good easily digested and assimilated stuff in the pipe - come on and get moving this garbage out of the way whether it's digested or not!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:41:55 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2012, 07:44:22 am »
One of the many possible symptoms of  adrenal burnout is that animal foods become far more difficult to digest, forcing many to gradually become vegan. That's what happened to me, my glands just shorted out so to speak. Fortunately, I found out that this only applied to cooked animal foods, not raw animal foods.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2012, 07:58:27 am »
One of the many possible symptoms of  adrenal burnout is that animal foods become far more difficult to digest, forcing many to gradually become vegan. That's what happened to me, my glands just shorted out so to speak. Fortunately, I found out that this only applied to cooked animal foods, not raw animal foods.

Didn't know that about adrenal burnout making it difficult to digest cooked animal foods. Interesting. Do you think that if you had to go back to eating cooked meat if after the initial adaptation at the start you'd be able to digest it now that your adrenals are healed up from raw paleo? Not that you would want to do such a thing - but I mean - do you think that your adrenals are all healed up so that you could digest cooked if you ever needed to? I would think that all the high meat would do a lot on top of the adrenal healing to make digestion in general easier. Don't mean to be to hypothetical - just curious if you've pondered this.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #163 on: January 08, 2012, 08:23:42 am »
Once I healed on this diet, I did experiment with cooked animal foods once again, and I no longer had the awful stomach-aches I had pre-rawpalaeodiet with them. So, yes my adrenals have healed.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 08, 2012, 12:46:08 pm »
Once I healed on this diet, I did experiment with cooked animal foods once again, and I no longer had the awful stomach-aches I had pre-rawpalaeodiet with them. So, yes my adrenals have healed.

Nice.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2012, 09:59:57 am »
FLIES! MAGGOTS!  seriously the only thing that is kinda gross to me about high meat...i want to have it out in the air but the flies like to hang out in it, and little white maggots are slightly gross.  i have been just smearing them hoping that kills them...really though is there anything potentially hazardous about eating them?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2012, 12:37:32 pm »
..really though is there anything potentially hazardous about eating them?

No. I've eaten plenty of maggots that grew in my fermented raw milk. In fact, there's a delicacy in Italy called "maggot cheese".  It is what it sounds like, cheese with live maggots in it.

Offline Azroy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2012, 04:45:43 pm »
Sorry,i'm new to rpd..still planning on switching to rpd. What is high meat?

Offline Rawr

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2012, 05:37:53 pm »
Sorry,i'm new to rpd..still planning on switching to rpd. What is high meat?

"High Meat"

- meat that is partially pre-digested by bacteria (and possibly other microbes)
- traditionally made and consumed by Inuits ("Eskimo")
- most "modern western people" would call high meat "spoiled" or "rotten" - however
- as long as the source raw meat is healthy, the resulting "high meat" is also healthy.

Why would we/do we eat it?
- it's a great natura "probiotic supplement" for meat-digesting bacteria & a very easily/quickly digestible protein at the same time
- it is recommended ESPECIALLY for people with brain-function ("psychological/emotional") problems and people with likeliness of insufficient "digestive flora" (poisoned by anti-biotics / flushed by some "colon cleansing" procedure / other reasons)

What is it NOT:
- it is NOT equal to sour milk (which could be called "high milk" :)) - sour milk is pre-digested by different bacteria types
- it is NOT a reliable source for "whipworm"/"Trichuris suis" (doctors call them a "parasite" :)) - for that, AV recommends eating intestines of healthy pigs

Why do/would someone NOT eat it? :)
- it has a strong smell and an intense taste compared to fresh meat! >D That's why it's usually NOT recommended to "RPD beginners". :)
- you might still believe the propaganda that "natural microbes cause diseases"- for letting go of this, I recommend any and all materials and interviews with AV (Aajonus Vonderplanitz) - he frames that propaganda with both common sense approach and links to some other information sources worth having "mapped".
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:01:57 pm by RawR »

Offline letsdoiteczema

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Call me LDIE for short =)
    • View Profile
    • Healing from severe suicidal eczema
« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2012, 06:31:45 pm »
No. I've eaten plenty of maggots that grew in my fermented raw milk. In fact, there's a delicacy in Italy called "maggot cheese".  It is what it sounds like, cheese with live maggots in it.

Keep bugs off high meat!

- insect repellent plants
- natural insect repellents, e.g. essential oils. I drip 3-4 drops of "Now" brand Lavender Essential Oil on the lid of my 2 high meat jars

I know this works because without Lavender oil, 1-2 flies are constantly roaming on my high meat jars.

I suppose this also stops insects from laying eggs on the jar lids, so no eggs will drop into the jar anymore!

Please report back your results! I'm very curious whether this works for you or not?
Wishing everyone the best in health and happiness! much love to all!

My severe suicidal eczema healing blog: http://eczemabye.weebly.com/

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
High meat, video
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2012, 09:29:55 pm »
I did this video today, where I show how I eat high meat (heart) and how it looks.

High meat, a health bomb

Inger

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2012, 01:17:13 am »
So pretty!  Love your videos!

Wish we could transmit smell and taste over the internet.

I'm now inspired to make a new batch of high meat.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
High-meat video.. Brain-Gut Blogseries
« Reply #172 on: June 26, 2012, 12:19:23 pm »
Thank you GS!
I am glad if I could be your inspiration, cause I believe high-meat is very beneficial.. especially after reading the last Brain-Gut series on Jack Kruses Blog. They are mind blowing. :o (the whole blog is totally worth reading, it is directing my life now and I feel great!)

Here the link if interested, the comments are mind opening too!

http://jackkruse.com/jacks-blog/

Inger

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2012, 12:51:44 am »
Inger
  I'm setting aside a small jar of beef for high meat now. I haven't done it sine I bought my new fridge. I was overwhelmed with the old one breaking down every 3-4 days, but I'll be eating a bite or 2 of high again soon.
  Have you ever made high chicken?  I have some lean breast meat. I'm going to try. I think that would get high quick.

Also, I stopped going to Jack's blog because I had confusing emails about it being a subscription thing. So, I just jumped over on your link and saw I have loads of reading to do. Such good stuff. Thank you.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 27, 2012, 02:00:02 am »
Adora,
I never tried high chicken.. I do not eat chicken as they are all grainfed here.. But you could try it! Please tell us how it goes if you try!

Yes, Kruses blog is mind-blowing. I love his hypothesis about viruses + the leaky gut forming us to who we are, it was/is a great thing to have.. and our genome, how the epigenetics are the ones who rules, not the genetics at all. I love it, it is so very hopeful! It means we can be something amazing, if we just make the right environment!!!
Who knew that we get the HIV easiest through our guts??? Me not! But this is what recent research shows. This is why HIV started as African ate bushmeat that was infected. Primates can not get sicknesses that human can because they have no zonulin in their guts.. and no other animal has as leaky a gut as humans. But this is why we can adapt so very fast too..

Inger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk