Author Topic: traveling/food  (Read 7713 times)

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
traveling/food
« on: July 16, 2010, 02:23:41 am »
im going on a flight today for like 6hrs.. then i'll be gone all weekend in a different state visiting family..

i wont have access to my raw grass fed beef, etc, but everyone will FREAK if i even taste raw beef

so im curious what some of you do/bring along with you when you travel..

im thinking i can feast on lots of sardines/nuts while im there.. its no substitute but its better than junk food??

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: traveling/food
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 02:32:41 am »
Raw eggs seem convenient if you can eat them. If you go to supermarkets it's possible to find wild-caught (prefrozen) seafood

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 02:54:59 am »
yeah problem is im gona have family there, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc

cant even start explaining why im eating the food raw.. they'll think ive gone mad

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 05:53:24 am »
looks like a self-fulfilling prophecy to me.
eat "sushi" and stop feeling responsible for other people's choices, reactions, and beliefs.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 06:13:24 am »
Use judgment imo. If you're gonna be eating several meals with these people, tell em you eat raw meat and do it.  If you rarely see these people and you'll be eating  2 or 3 meal a year with them, i'd eat S.A.D.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 06:22:58 am »
Raw eggs seem convenient if you can eat them.

That's the best thing that I ran across traveling visiting family in out of the way places where raw meat cannot be obtained.  I'd think best to eat that in whatever bedroom you're staying in, eat fruit and lettuce with family, tell them you'll eat whatever meat they're having later, that you ate earlier, whatever will work and unfortunately lose a few pounds.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 10:25:40 am »
how bad is cooked meat on raw paleo..

right now at the airport eating salad with lettuce, tomato, grilled chicken, eggs, bacon, dressing

its not so bad, its low carb/ high fat/ med protein..

but yes i dont see them so often, so i figured id just eat crap and go back to my diet monday.. im only there one weekend..

i found out if i eat crap i break out.. so far my face is clear and skin looks buttery.. im about to go mess that up..

what do you guys think is worse?? lots of fruits or cooked meat..

im thinking of just revolving my diet around fruits and cooked meat as opposed to refined carbs/meat. im just trying to find the lesser of evils here

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 11:01:25 am »
It's called "damage control".Do the best of the worst.Tell them you like your meat rare.Don't eat any bread,cookies or cakes(tell them you're trying a "low-carb diet").Drink mostly water.You'll be fine.

Worst case scenario: Over a couple days you'll eat some rare meat,a few cooked veggies,and fresh fruit.No big deal.
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 11:05:18 am »
It's called "damage control".Do the best of the worst.Tell them you like your meat rare.Don't eat any bread,cookies or cakes(tell them you're trying a "low-carb diet").Drink mostly water.You'll be fine.

Worst case scenario: Over a couple days you'll eat some rare meat,a few cooked veggies,and fresh fruit.No big deal.

yeah i figured i'll just eat a lot of meat(even though its cooked), and supplement with digestive enzymes/fish oil

No rice/cookies/bread..

problem is i know ill lose weight, and i hate it.. i hate losing muscle (im trying to pack on more muscle weight)

How bad are fruits? Im wondering how i will get my fat... can i just eat meat with tons of avocados?

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 11:46:08 am »
You could.Or,you could settle for butter,if you're cool with that.
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 07:40:47 pm »
im going on a flight today for like 6hrs.. then i'll be gone all weekend in a different state visiting family..

i wont have access to my raw grass fed beef, etc, but everyone will FREAK if i even taste raw beef

so im curious what some of you do/bring along with you when you travel..

im thinking i can feast on lots of sardines/nuts while im there.. its no substitute but its better than junk food??

If it was me, and it's a local flight, I would bring my raw meats in an ice chest.
I would eat my stuff and just cheat a little for socials.
Being ill due to suddenly not eating raw paleo for a whole weekend is very very painful scary.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 12:32:01 am »
im so tempted to eat SAD food here... lotsa good stuff, maybe i should just say f*** it and eat whatever

djr_81

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 12:38:32 am »
im so tempted to eat SAD food here... lotsa good stuff, maybe i should just say f*** it and eat whatever
Sometimes those splurges and the resulting discomfort is the best resolve strengthener there is.

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 01:41:52 am »
ok i just ate a bunch of refined cooked carbs, i feel kinda sick a bit..

what can i take to kinda neutralize this?

im thinking one pack of raw egg yolks, maybe raw meat for lunch?

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 05:56:24 am »
i just ate 1.5lb of raw steak with avocado, i feel so much better.. its weird but my system just tells me the meat i ate was the right food, not the refined carbs + cooked chicken

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 01:45:17 am »
You mentioned that eating crap food--though a salad like you described isn't normally considered "crap," and forgive me because I am new to all of this, but what part of it exactly is "crap"?.. or did you mean you were about to go eat something else less healthy?--causes you to break out.  I've only recently, as in within the passed few days, heard about raw paleo diets, so I have never eaten completely raw before (though I usually prefer my food undercooked, but it is all commercial stuff, and I do tend to eat a lot of processed foods) but I have a problem with acne.. and I was wondering exactly what kind of diet it is that you have, that keeps your skin so clear, and also what foods that cause you to break out? 

Thank you.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk