Author Topic: Living in the Wild.  (Read 12667 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Living in the Wild.
« on: July 17, 2010, 08:28:37 pm »
Is anyone here interested in living in the wild?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Living in the Wild.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 09:07:18 pm »
Is anyone here interested in living in the wild?

Are there wild and sexy paleo women in the wild?

Seriously, I had toyed with the idea of living near the shores of a clean remote beach like Palawan the last frontier where wild shoreline bounty is plentiful you never grow hungry.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 09:18:13 pm »
If we bring them there =D Or rather, they choose to come.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 09:23:21 pm »
What is "The Wild"? 

If you're talking about a place where humans do not influence the landscape and where "Nature" rules, there are no such places.  "The Wild" is a myth maintained primarily in the minds of well-to-do people in developed nations.

Where do you really want to live?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 09:27:30 pm »
Somewhere where I can live only by hunting/foraging, building anything I may need from what's around me. Where there is a large enough area, and enough animals. Not sure what sort of geography I'd prefer, perhaps can't be too picky about that anyway... Also, don't know what my genes are best suited for.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 09:33:02 pm by miles »

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 11:48:47 pm »
Maybe Canada as there's big game like moose. You're only allowed to hunt in season though, so dunno what you'd do the rest of the time.

There's not so much game now as there was in the Paleolithic so living in the wild would be just as unnatural diet as anything else.

I'd like to buy a river in Africa and stock the area with hippos, crocodiles and all kinds of game. Then we could all live there.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 01:28:59 am »
Do it!

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 11:26:02 am »
I love living in "the wild" or as close as it comes to it. Im an eagle scout so I regularly go to some wild places but living there long term...not all that realistic for me.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 01:32:16 pm »
Another alternative is to become a farmer.Farming is pretty wild 8)
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

alphagruis

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 03:01:21 pm »

I'd like to buy a river in Africa and stock the area with hippos, crocodiles and all kinds of game. Then we could all live there.

Do you really naively believe that if such a river still exists in Africa or elsewhere, where it is indeed easy to make ones living on local game, man hasn't already settled there since long and done what you want to do there ?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 06:34:41 pm »
Another alternative is to become a farmer.Farming is pretty wild 8)

How does someone even become a farmer anyway? Just because, I've never actually heard of someone becoming a farmer unless their parents were.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 06:37:11 pm »
Do you really naively believe that if such a river still exists in Africa or elsewhere, where it is indeed easy to make ones living on local game, man hasn't already settled there since long and done what you want to do there ?

How about if we stocked up on naive instincto's in our paleo African game park and got some of those f... off Elephant guns and just went nuts!

You'd like that
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 06:39:24 pm »
Would be more paleo to do it barehanded.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 06:52:21 pm »

Do you naively believe that they wouldn't sell it for a wad of cash? Anyway I was just fucking about, but I am considering buying land in the Phillipines or somewhere a bit later in life where raw food seems to be easy.

alphagruis

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 08:03:39 pm »
Do you naively believe that they wouldn't sell it for a wad of cash? Anyway I was just fucking about, but I am considering buying land in the Phillipines or somewhere a bit later in life where raw food seems to be easy.

An alternative possibility if they won't sell it is as usual either to beat them or to join them. I do not advocate the first alternative but the second one seems attractive. Just marry one of their girls  ;) 

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 08:04:27 pm »
How does someone even become a farmer anyway? Just because, I've never actually heard of someone becoming a farmer unless their parents were.
You buy land and break your ass working be it with crops or animal husbandry. It's not an easy life but it seems really rewarding.
If I had the money I'd buy dozens of acres in upstate New York and set up a farm myself. I'd love to get off the grid.
FWIW the farmer I buy my meat from used to work a 9-5 job down in Manhattan. He read "The Omnivore's Dilemma" and was taken by the the concept of rotational farming like Joel Salatin does down in Virginia. He bought a lot of land and set up his own farm. It can be done.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

alphagruis

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 08:10:21 pm »
How about if we stocked up on naive instincto's in our paleo African game park and got some of those f... off Elephant guns and just went nuts!

You'd like that

I'd like that indeed....

A minor trouble is that naive instinctos are usually a bit skinny  :)

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 10:15:29 pm »
I know a farmer who has a similar story -- used to work in industry, decided he had enough of it, bought some land, and started farming. Once I have enough money, I plan to do the same.

You buy land and break your ass working be it with crops or animal husbandry. It's not an easy life but it seems really rewarding.
If I had the money I'd buy dozens of acres in upstate New York and set up a farm myself. I'd love to get off the grid.
FWIW the farmer I buy my meat from used to work a 9-5 job down in Manhattan. He read "The Omnivore's Dilemma" and was taken by the the concept of rotational farming like Joel Salatin does down in Virginia. He bought a lot of land and set up his own farm. It can be done.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 08:22:08 am »
What would you think would be the best environment for a white person to live wild in..? If one lives in a colder climate, they will need to make clothes(I think). So, since they've got this far in technology, people in colder environments would probably all be using fire. Having less mobility due to the clothes, I guess they'd all be using bow/arrow as well..? I guess people would gradually make make technological advances as they spread into colder places, would it be impractical to skimp on any of them in a colder environment? Would it be better to live somewhere warmer where you could get by with less technology, without fire, clothes(maybe just basic hides for night times/resting, but not for when active), range-weapons..?

I found a guy who is going to first practise in the UK.. Galloway Forest Park I think, and then go to Bialowieza Forest. I feel like I might prefer to be in an environment where I may be less reliant on technology(still talking 'primitive' technology..), and I'd think in those cold places that I would be. But then, I don't know if that's what my genes would be best suited to anyway... Might be nice to be somewhere where humans could practically live and hunt without any tools or weapons, a place where, although one would gradually add to their arsenal/tool-kit, they could start with nothing, nor any detailed knowledge of how to make these things, and get by fine(though just better when they make advances by themselves), just going on instincts and sense.

I was wondering how the places I mentioned might compare to warmer environments with semi-wilderness such as: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, USA,(anywhere else) etc.. As well as the relative difficulty in getting to these places >.>
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:32:48 am by miles »

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 09:40:44 pm »
I would absolutely LOVE to live in the wild.. I have always been obsessed with (fictional)books about people living in the wild ever since I was in elementary school, mostly from reading Jean Craighead George's books Julie of the Wolves (about an inuit girl who becomes lost on the arctic tundra and runs into a pack of Wolves whom she befriends and who help her to survive, which is also where my love of Wolves came about) and My Side of the Mountain (about a boy who runs away from his city life to live on the side of a foresty mountain owned by a relative, where he survives in a purely wild environment).

Ever since reading those books, or perhaps even before I don't remember, I have been fascinated with living in the Wild and surviving off the land as nature intended.. I have even sometimes wished for the "stranded on an island uninhabited by humans and being forced to find out a way to survive in nature" type scenario to happen to me.

Being able to live in the Wild, for me, would be a dream come true.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 09:29:50 pm »
Is it ok to eat raw meat that flies have lain eggs in, or even that has maggots? Or can the maggots/eggs get stuck in the wrong places, or do they have chemicals to stop themselves being eaten? How fast will flies come to meat?

I just want to know, if someone was living in the wild in a very small group, what the best way to eat raw is, and as fresh/unprocessed as possible, taking all factors in.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 09:34:20 pm »
I didn't like the taste of either the maggots or the eggs they came from. perhaps it was just general squeamishness rather than the taste itself.

I'm sure maggots might be fine to eat. In pre-cooking times, we certainly ate maggot-infested raw meats all the time.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline nicole

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 02:59:35 am »
I hope sometime in the future to be able to eat alot of my meat fresh killed, probably birds and squirrels and and things like that, which would be perfect for single meals.

At the same time I would be living near my butcher shop and be able to buy the large mammal meat from them. I'll admit I don't think I will ever be able to kill and butcher a cow myself.

I've eaten maggot eggs before, the texture is a little gross in the mouth.
Give it to us raw, and wriggling. You keep nasty chips.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 06:25:47 am »
Living in the wild would be great!
I would be interested in buying some land and house in the country with some raw paleo people.

And hunt in during every season and gather wild plants. Closes way to do it legally you know. I guess it goes back to community farm for income though. Living in the wild with no bills seems pretty stress free and awesome though.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 06:59:36 am »
Well I might go live in the wild, want to come?

Woaaah in 25 days I will have spent one year registered on this forum.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk