Poll

What type of Raw-Animal-Food Diet re you following?

Raw Version of the Palaeolithic Diet
Raw Version of the Weston-Price Diet
Raw Primal Diet(Aajonus Vonderplanitz)
Raw, Zero-Carb/Raw Stefansson
Wai Diet/Instincto Diet

Author Topic: What diet are you following  (Read 7510 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
What diet are you following
« on: August 07, 2008, 03:46:49 am »
OK, folks, which type of Raw-Animal-Food diet are you following? The poll is ongoing, so keep voting as you encounter it(for the first time).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

Re: What diet are you following
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 03:48:45 am »
What's the difference between Raw Paleolithic and Raw Weston Price.  Please advise so I can vote properly.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 04:02:19 am »
Raw Weston-Price comprises raw dairy and fermented grains. Possibly some cooked-food as well, just like with Weston-Price.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 05:43:17 am »
I put raw paleo but I am still eating some cooked foods for pleasure as well as very occasional raw dairy. I don't think it's enough to constitute the Primal Diet anymore though, because I stopped for the most part with the green juice and milkshakes. For instance today I had some raw bacon with some raw unsalted cheddar cheese and spices. Tonight I'll have beef and suet. And I might munch on some tomatoes from my garden from time to time or possibly get some berries at a store (organic). Then if I'm out or if I just have a craving I might have some cooked (regular) food.

Sometimes it's hard to peg down exactly what you're doing.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 06:03:35 am »
What is the difference between paleo and primal?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 05:31:59 pm »
What is the difference between paleo and primal?

primal diet is a modern diet that includes things like veggie-juice which need juicers/blenders etc. Primal diet consists mainly of lean meats(plus some organ-meats), veggie-juice, lots of raw dairy, some raw honey(used to be recommended in much higher amounts), plus some nuts(?) (if soaked in raw cream). Rawpalaeo simply means raw with no dairy, legumes, grains or foods with chemicals or additives - and meats have to be wildcaught or grassfed.
" Ron Paul.

xylothrill

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 07:02:56 pm »
Aarg! I don't know what to put. Most of my RPD has been zero-carb but I'm now experimenting with paleo plants. I'm not sure how long I'll stay with it. I haven't had any problems eating about a cup of berries a day and some greens. They taste good but I don't really crave them. I could take them or leave them I guess. They are much better than other carbs (e.g. domestic fruit/grains) in my opinion. The wild fruits are so non-excessively sweet, I could probably eat an entire vine for what's in one domestic banana.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 07:25:58 am »
I would say your 100% carnivore. I think wild berries (picked by oneself) are allowed for sure even if you ate some every day.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Satya

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 08:25:46 am »
I would say your 100% carnivore. I think wild berries (picked by oneself) are allowed for sure even if you ate some every day.

Thanks for bringing this up, Andrew, as I had thought the same thing yet didn't say anything (amazingly enough).  Cats eat grass when they can, and no one would call them omnivores.  Craig, you are a well-loved carnivore.

Satya

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 08:56:24 am »
Tyler,

What is your eating like these days?  Would you please consider providing a few days worth of food intake and timing?

Thank you.

xylothrill

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 12:14:53 pm »
Thanks for bringing this up, Andrew, as I had thought the same thing yet didn't say anything (amazingly enough).  Cats eat grass when they can, and no one would call them omnivores.  Craig, you are a well-loved carnivore.

Awe, thanks!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 04:57:07 pm »
Tyler,

What is your eating like these days?  Would you please consider providing a few days worth of food intake and timing?

Thank you.

At the moment, I'm in an enforced fast until Sunday, more or less, as the only high-quality raw-animal-food I can get is on weekends, so that's not practical. Also, I'm looking around for new sources of good-quality suet. I may post some days' worth in a few weeks or so, but no regular journal.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 10:07:25 pm »
Rawpalaeo simply means raw with no dairy, legumes, grains or foods with chemicals or additives - and meats have to be wildcaught or grassfed.

Given that definition, I'm on a Raw Paleo Diet.
It's hard to get raw dairy in my area, and the times I did get raw cow's dairy, my stomach would grumble and I would fart all day.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline avalon

• Forum Clown
  • Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 11:33:55 pm »
My Cat loves Spinach! If he hears a bag ruffle- the spinach bag, he comes running. Very Peppy Le Peu! Tail up and on a hover-craft gallop that would leave rice paper untouched  ;D

I'm off my diet at the moment due to emotional what-evers. I'm SAD okay! I think a fast would be a good thing, to shake things up and get back on track. Maybe starting Monday. Monday's a good day. Did I mention Monday  ::)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 07:58:09 am »

I still would call that person an omnivore. I read somthing about eskimos freezing berries. Pretty interesting.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 01:56:12 pm »
There've been recent claims on another Palaeo forum that no Inuit ever went for decades without eating some fruit. I wonder if that's true. I'll grant that the Inuit of Northern Canada went in for eating berries in the summer(very short 6-8 week-period usually), but what about those Inuit right up close to the Arctic circle? I would assume that they only had access to lichens and moss in the truly remote areas such as those islands off the Northern  Canadian coast.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 02:02:19 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk