Author Topic: Raw Egg Yolk and Stomach?  (Read 13526 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Raw Egg Yolk and Stomach?
« on: July 20, 2010, 06:00:53 am »
So I've noticed that when I eat less egg white and just raw egg yolk I get some pains in my stomach. Anybody know what the deal with this is? Should I just be consuming the egg white with the yolk? I did this at first and i felt better but I heard the raw egg white was useless.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Raw Egg Yolk and Stomach?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 06:02:48 am »
You have to adjust to what works for you.

What kind of eggs you drinking?

organic? fertilized? supermarket?

chicken? duck? goose?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 07:05:54 am »
What can you describe the pains as? (burning, etc)

The white has a coating effect, it helps the stomach heal and protects it slightly from food and stomach acid. Problem is the antinutrients. In your case it protects it from acting against the yolk quickly.

Have you tried combining the yolk with other food or eating in on a full stomach?

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 07:27:43 am »
Off topic: Whenever I consume the chicken egg white, water tastes sweet to me afterwards. Can anyone relate to this?

Offline tdister

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 08:08:52 am »
I've gone back and forth on whole egg vs just the yolk side. Right now, I am eating quail eggs and consuming the egg white too.

Never had any pain, but the yolk and white together just make me feel a bit better than yolk alone. As for avidin, just eat them by themselves and makes sure it's not your only source of biotin. I eat a couple carrots most every afternoon as a snack. The eggs are almost always breakfast.

Water tastes sweet to me too, after raw eggs. The first time drastically so. I try not to drink for a while after them though so I had forgotten.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 08:18:47 pm »
how long does the taste of sweetness with water last, after consuming raw eggs?  also, does it last passed eating something else afterwards?

I dis-like the taste of water, so something which would cause my tastebuds to think it's sweeter without actually adding anything to make it sweet would be amazing.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 09:34:33 pm »
I would say it lasts several minutes, or until the tongue is clear from egg white. Try drinking a whole egg and check how water will taste. I haven't tried this with quail eggs.

Offline tdister

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 01:44:16 am »
Try it out. I forgot this morning but will try it again later.

It's not really an awesome sweet taste. Not like a good apple. Kind of like unknowingly eating or drinking something with splenda...sweet but just a tad "off".

Offline tdister

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 06:16:41 am »
Update on sweetness.

Chicken eggs still make water sweet. Quail eggs still do not. Sweetness after chicken eggs is still not too great of a taste. I should mention the chicken eggs are not fertilized while the quail's are supposed to be fertilized.

Any update from the OP?

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 06:56:52 am »
I always eat the full egg. The whole anti-nutrient avidin is blown way out of proportion. The only time this anti nutrient will ever hurt you from an egg is if you only eat the whites by themselves.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline PaganAngel

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 11:35:18 am »

I've been consuming about 2 raw eggs a day as i started to ease into this RPD Diet.
Sometimes i take 1 whole egg & 1 eggyolk, most of the time its 2 eggyolks taken straight.

Haven't experienced any stomach pains, but what i have experienced is a slight dull heaviness & ache at the back of my head, especially when i started consuming 4 eggs a day.  I thought maybe too much chicken eggs is not that good for me so i got some duck eggs too  -  been taking 2 eggyolks from duck eggs & 2 from chicken eggs.   The heavy achy feeling was still there so i stopped yesterday.

I seem to do fine when i take only 2 eggyolks.  Could i be detoxing? is that why my head feels funny?

By the way i make sure that my eggs are organic & free range and i always get them fresh.

Side note: I just got a blood test yesterday & my cholesterol levels are very good - high HDL & low LDL. (My family has a history of heart disease) Clearly the eggs are having a beneficial effect.  I'm just wondering why i don't feel so good a few hours after eating 4 eggyolks.  Has anyone had the same experience? 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 04:23:12 pm »
Some RVAFers report having a food-allergy towards raw eggs.  A detox would mean you felt slightly better afterwards, so if that is not the case, it might well be food-intolerance towards raw eggs.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 04:24:02 am »
tons of threads about raw eggs so I will ask my question here if allowed  :)
raw eggs improve immune system,digestion what they offer to my health?
im newbie sry if its simple question

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 04:44:51 am »
AV does not view raw eggs as any good as he views the protein in raw eggs as being useful for gaining instant, temporary energy but not useful at all for rebuilding overall health and I agree with him, given my own experience. Also, some RVAFers find they have a food-intolerance towards raw eggs.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 06:01:29 am »
Tyler but what about the fact/Myth that the cooked egg whites have more bioavailability and raw egg whites have less?
If its true the best eggs would be the poached eggs? or it will still kill the enzymes and all the good stuff?

Thank you  ;)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 06:09:07 am »
Well, I have heard that one needs to eat as many as 24 raw eggs a day before one starts getting any nutritional deficiency from raw eggs re biotin aspect. So it seems irrelevant and cooked  eggs of course have extra heat-created toxins added such as AGEs via cooking, so are not too healthy, anyway.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PrimalLadyRosy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Primal Diet Friends
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 10:38:23 am »
AV does not view raw eggs as any good as he views the protein

removing stray cancer cells from the body
I am the creator of the primal diet friends social networking site, thanks to Jim and Barbara Ellingson's suggestion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk