Author Topic: Magnesium, calcium, other minerals that may be missing.  (Read 8565 times)

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Magnesium, calcium, other minerals that may be missing.
« on: July 21, 2010, 09:44:42 pm »
Land animals seem to lacking in Mg and Ca, which are more important during development. From experience on rpd, did you run into mineral deficiency? Do you take supplements or edible clay?

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
Re: Magnesium, calcium, other minerals that may be missing.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 08:04:03 pm »
I've been thinking about this also as I still working on my health.  I believe I am lacking in electrolytes and have been eating mainly raw mince Lamb (my favourite), Lambs liver & Sweet breads, bone marrow, egg yokes for some time though with no improvement.  I find this meal delightful and I really crave it but it just wipes me out for hours and leaves me extremely acidic.  So I have recently switched to eating fish and egg yokes and despite been less appealing I have noticed considerable improvement in energy, hydration and sleep.  Seafood is much richer in alkanising minerals than land animals, for example Halibut is an extremely rich source of Magnesium.

I also eat fruit (too much at present) in the morning to get some minerals and hydration.

I would be interested to hear what more experienced RPDs have to say though?
The culture and civilization of the White man are essentially material; his measure of success is, "How much property have I acquired for myself?" The culture of the Red man is fundamentally spiritual; his measure of success is, "How much service have I rendered to my people?"

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 09:30:43 pm »
Brady, Im defincately not one of the more experienced rpders but do you eat the lamb, liver, sweat breads, marrow and egg yolk all at once? I find I do much better mono-eating. You may want to try it.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 10:29:41 pm »
I found seafood to be a good mineral source too, especially shellfish.

Offline cliff

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 10:48:09 pm »
If you aren't trying to stick to some zero carb plan then add in vegetables and fruits??  Both are pretty good sources of mag and calcium

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 11:43:59 pm »
Vegetables do contain Mg and Ca. I'd be surprised if they will actually get absorbed in any good amount...

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 07:04:48 am »
Brady, or anyone, what kind of fish is it that you like best?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 08:49:52 am »
I adore Swordfish.
I can take or leave most other fishes but go out of my way to buy a swordfish steak or two every other week. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 09:23:32 am »
thanks, i'm going to see what sources i have for fish around here.  i'll be sure to check out swordfish! :)

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 09:59:16 am »
You should check out tuna, salmon, oily fish, and shellfish. I used to eat a lot of prefrozen raw white fish like mahi mahi and haddock but it isn't appealing to me anymore.

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 04:36:18 pm »

Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon is delicious but quite expensive, I also like oily fish like Mackeral and Sardines which are quite cheap.  I too love Swordfish and have ate quite a lot in the past however a recent Zyto session (Biofeedback) session showed an increase in Mercury levels in my body which I put down to my consumption of Swordfish, Tuna and Shellfish so I avoid them from now on.

I also find that I prefer my fish as fresh as possible as opposed to red meat which I like as "high" as possible.  I also like eating my fish cold from the fridge but prefer land animals at room temperature.  Does anyone else find this?
The culture and civilization of the White man are essentially material; his measure of success is, "How much property have I acquired for myself?" The culture of the Red man is fundamentally spiritual; his measure of success is, "How much service have I rendered to my people?"

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 04:37:56 pm »
Brady, Im defincately not one of the more experienced rpders but do you eat the lamb, liver, sweat breads, marrow and egg yolk all at once? I find I do much better mono-eating. You may want to try it.

Yeah I've tried monoeating it does help but when it comes to red meat I am left fatigued regardless.

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 04:39:18 pm »
I have the same preference for super fresh fish.
But raw meat I like both freshly killed and also cold from the refrigerator.
The cold from the refrigerator thing I only recently liked after almost 2 years of raw paleo.
Old and high raw land animal meat is not something I have desired yet.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 04:40:34 pm »
Yeah I've tried monoeating it does help but when it comes to red meat I am left fatigued regardless.
Hmm...How long have you been raw paleo? Have you tried high meat?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 04:43:48 pm »
Hmm...How long have you been raw paleo? Have you tried high meat?

I've been RAF about 14 months (gave up Dairy about 5 months ago), yeah I love High Meat especially Lamb and Beef and generlly will not eat these meats fresh.

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 04:45:22 pm »
I've been RAF about 14 months (gave up Dairy about 5 months ago), yeah I love High Meat especially Lamb and Beef and generlly will not eat these meats fresh.

If you ask the instinctos, it is what your body needs now, so go on and on until your body's requests change.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk