Author Topic: Do you guys ever eat snacks?  (Read 17417 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Do you guys ever eat snacks?
« on: July 22, 2010, 02:55:15 am »
I just started trying this raw diet, and I'm pretty hungry right now.. there's not much raw stuff to eat in my house right now though, other than eggs, milk, honey, pineapple/mango, and bean sprouts.. honey, milk, fruit, and bean sprouts won't do much on the way of filling me, and I'd rather try and not eat all of the eggs the day after buying them.   -\  I kinda gotta moderate how much food I eat so it will last me.
I want to buy some meat to eat before I go to work today, but that's not for about another 4 hours and I don't want to leave now and have 2 - 3 hours of time to just sit around in my car and do nothing but wait for work, and the stores are too far away for me to just go and get my meat then come home.  I also can't keep raw meat around, because my dad will freak if he finds out I'm eating raw meat.

So is there anything more convenient and a bit more socially acceptable that you guys keep around to snack on?  I usually go through a bit of feast-or-famine phases, and right now I'm in more of a feast stage, where I'm hungry all the time.. it would be nice to have something to snack on all the time, that fits more in the carnivore type diet.. especially since it will also help to prevent me from resorting to processed/cooked foods when I'm really hungry and the raw plant stuff just doesn't seem filling enough and those mac and cheeses start looking mighty tasty..
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Do you guys ever eat snacks?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 03:48:31 am »
since real food is so important to survival, it can become your number 1 or 2 priority after rent, etc.
ya gotta stock up on the essentials. when i go to the farmers market i buy 6 or more dozen pastured eggs. if you have shopped around at all your local fish markets, farmers markets, CSA's, butcher shops, grocery stores, mail order and are still triggered by the cost, ya need to believe that its in your best self-interest to make the money. it becomes a MUST, rather than a should.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 03:57:39 am »
I also can't keep raw meat around, because my dad will freak if he finds out I'm eating raw meat.

Haha, My mom kinda freaked when she found out and I kinda conceal it now. I dont know about raw food snacks that wouldnt let your dad notice, but my advice would be to get smart on how there's no way you can be harmed by raw food. Did you read Aajonus Vonderplanits books yet? He explains a lot in there how actually cooked foods render you more susceptable to parasites and disease than raw food. Bottom line is that 90% of people already have parasites in them anyway so this raw diet actually rids you of parasites. Parasites only feed on degenerative tissue (they're are actually good for you most of the time) and toxins. They are the janitors of the earth. Once you become healthy and have less toxicity, there is not need for them. Also, be sure to buy grass fed meat. Aajonus says it doesnt matter, but because grain feeding cattle can change their stomachs so that ecoli can flourish, Id stay away from anything but grassfed. Most people who ever got sick from meat was from grainfed, and it is nearly impossible to get sick from grassfed.

Look on the bright side, just like me, before you know it you'll live on your own and have the freedom to eat whatever you want. I cant wait till about 8 months from now when I live on my own.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 04:55:38 am »
Yeah, it would be nice if I could live on my own and eat the way I want, but the fact is that I just don't make enough money.. I rely on my dad for a roof over my head and food in the fridge.. The majority of the money I make goes into paying my other bills.  Unfortunately it's probably impossible to convince him to switch to an all raw or even all organic diet.. he's still very much SAD and even eats fast food sometimes.

I haven't read any books about this really, just been searching stuff up on the web a lot.  If you have like an online version of his books, I could take a look.
I never really thought eating things raw could really cause people to get sick.. I mean, animals eat everything raw all the time, so why shouldn't humans?

Grass-fed meat is something of a problem, though, I can't seem to find anywhere that has it, and even checking sites online don't show any grass-fed farms anywhere around me.  Organic will probably be the best I can find, if I can even find it..
I do know a store where I can get never-frozen corn-fed beef, though.. I think that's a bit better than the commercial grain-fed?  I'm not sure.  I'm going to try checking another store today, though.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 10:58:56 am »
since real food is so important to survival, it can become your number 1 or 2 priority after rent, etc.
ya gotta stock up on the essentials. when i go to the farmers market i buy 6 or more dozen pastured eggs. if you have shopped around at all your local fish markets, farmers markets, CSA's, butcher shops, grocery stores, mail order and are still triggered by the cost, ya need to believe that its in your best self-interest to make the money. it becomes a MUST, rather than a should.

yes, I totally agree, what is more important than diet along with proper sleep?
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

- women's health member

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 11:04:25 am »

I never really thought eating things raw could really cause people to get sick.. I mean, animals eat everything raw all the time, so why shouldn't humans?

Such a simple thing to understand and almost all people dont understand it. Yes we are the only species that eats cooked food. If that isnt the best reason to go raw, what is? After all, 99.9% of scientific testing is done on animals. According to science, we are biologically the same as an animal. We have a heart, respiratory system, brain, spine, hormones, etc... Hell, we are even much the same as bugs are, thats why people who use pesticides are idiots thinking that its not going to effect our fertility. By the way, fertility is the main reason I do this diet, the future is grim for having kids unless people go raw.

- women's health member

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 01:25:25 pm »
Lol, if the future is grim for having kids, then why there so many teen and unwanted pregnancies?

and anyways, I see infertility in humans as a good thing.  They're already overpopulating and destroying this planet, maybe they'll actually be the cause of their own decline and finally balance things out.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 11:35:59 pm »
Lol, if the future is grim for having kids, then why there so many teen and unwanted pregnancies?

and anyways, I see infertility in humans as a good thing.  They're already overpopulating and destroying this planet, maybe they'll actually be the cause of their own decline and finally balance things out.

ahh, and thats where youve got it right. The government doesnt want the world to be overpopulated and lose natural resources. In fact it is a big conspiracy that the government purposely encourages lowering th population through vaccines, soy, and other estrogens. Henry kissinger was appointed to deal with the population issue in the mid 1900's and found that vaccines were the best way. Now vaccines cause a wealth of issues such as autism, alzheimers, and many others.

The teen pregnancies is a good point but its not that simple, that can be explained through societal changes and the degredation of our values. Also, with the amount of estrogen being consumed these days girls are maturing faster than ever. The average first period used to be 14yo, now its 9yo. And you see even 5th grade girls with breasts now.

- women's health member

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 12:42:23 am »
then why there so many teen and unwanted pregnancies?

I think teen pregnancy is the original paleolithic way of human reproduction.  The ones who did teenage parenting were our ancestors.

Today's anti-teen pregnancy crap is a civilized fabrication to cover up for the intense poverty our money system has enslaved us all.

---

Re early breast development, early maturation, when the body senses its lifespan is shorter, it will try to reproduce earlier.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 01:48:54 am »
I didn't mean the teen pregnancy thing as against younger pregnancies or anything, not trying to bring up a moral issue or anything, I just mean you see a lot more of them now than you used to (I think, at least according to my parents.) so in a sense it seems like pregnancies have gone up so far as to extend even into younger generations, meaning more babies are being born rather than less.  (so it seems)  but that's all just speculation, and I have no idea what the real statistics are.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 02:07:05 am »
goodsamaritan's got a point, back in the day it was normal to be pregnant say 15, 16yo. In fact, I think I read it produces healthier babies, but I dont know.

- women's health member

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 10:20:25 pm »
Actually teen pregnancies are far rarer than portrayed. You see, female fertility only goes up dramatically at the age of around 20, when the female hips widen and full physical maturity is reached . Before that point, teenaged women are far less fertile than older women in their 20s.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 10:43:46 pm »
Yeah, and it is true that some women are maturing unnaturally fast nowadays due to too much xeno estrogen. Girls are haveing their first period at 9yo!

- women's health member

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 08:53:00 am »
Snacks are for hungry, puffy carb-eaters. Mega-meat meals once or at most 2x a day is for lean, muscular carnivores.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 11:22:40 am »
Well, I agree, but sometimes I'll eat up to 4x a day of meat.

- women's health member

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 05:42:58 pm »
Well for the passed few days I've been eating pretty much nothing but meat and eggs, with some fruit here and there, but I was still continuously hungry..

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 10:13:24 pm »
maybe your body is just soaking it all in because meat should satiate you and make you full. Are you eating enough fat? Fat triggers the signal in your stomach leptin that tells your brain you're full.

- women's health member

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 08:29:49 am »
Yeah, I'm probably not eating enough fat, but I can't find any just pure fat ANYWHERE.. I've really been wanting to try bone marrow, but I can't find it at all, nor any suet, tallow, back fat, or anything of the sort.. I was thinking of trying to add butter and/or cheese to my diet as a fat substitute, even though I know I won't be able to find any raw grass-fed butter/cheese anywhere, so it would have to be pasteurized butter/cheese, or whatever they do to it, though I know I can find some organic unsalted butter..

the best amount of fat I could find was on an organic new york strip steak that were fed a "100% vegetarian diet" though I don't know what that means, but it did say they were free range and allowed to eat grass.. there was a mighty nice strip of fat along the side of the steak, and it was pretty expensive to buy it, but the fat was delicious though there was hardly enough.  I don't know that it helped me feel any fuller or not, though, because I ate it on a day I didn't have much else to eat so I was hungry all day anyways.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 10:24:59 am »
finding suet is easy and its free. Go to whole foods and since most of the meat is already grass fed there your fine. Ask the butcher there for strictly grass fed fat. They'll be happy to give it to ya free of charge as they usually throw the fat away. Ill warn, you, eating straight fat is not the most appealing and it is hard to chew and sometimes sticks to the teeth, however you dont have to chew the fat much, just swallow it.

- women's health member

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 11:30:53 pm »
the nearest whole foods to me is about 25 miles away in a city I've never even heard the name of before..

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 12:23:39 am »
Twenty five miles is far? Also, you might want to ask for bones instead of marrow.

Hey Pioneer, isn't Wholefoods grain-finished?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 04:10:06 am »
to drive to everyday or even every other day, yes it's far.. it's also in the completely opposite direction from both my work and my school, and I also do not drive on freeways which seems to be the only way of getting there.

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 05:34:30 am »
Twenty five miles is far? Also, you might want to ask for bones instead of marrow.

Hey Pioneer, isn't Wholefoods grain-finished?

I think some is and some isnt. Some packages say 100% grassfed, never grain or antibiotics. Others say 100% grassfed til finishing. So it is a gamble. If I were you wolf, Id op for finding a local grassfed meat supplier. I found a farmer that sells it 100% grassfed, never grainfed, and that is the only source I buy from. But sometimes i get free fat from the butcher at whole foods.

- women's health member

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 07:30:08 am »
Better grainfed, organic meat than anything else save grassfed meat. That is food.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 06:17:52 pm »
Better grainfed, organic meat than anything else save grassfed meat. That is food.
There I would have to disagree. I find raw grainfed meat to be mostly useless and debilitating and prefer eating raw, nonorganic fruit or raw organic, free-range eggs instead, if no wild game etc. is available.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk